PDA

View Full Version : BILGE HELP!!! 205V Hull

beatle78
05-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Hi guys,

I left a clamp off of the water intake hose and my boat had 5" of water in it when I checked!

The automatic bilge has never worked since I bought the boat last Fall. When I put the switch to automatic, the bilge stays on constantly.

Question: Where is the water sensor located for the bilge? Or do I even have a water sensor. What does it look like?

THANKS!!!

beatle78

TMCNo1
05-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Hi guys,

I left a clamp off of the water intake hose and my boat had 5" of water in it when I checked!

The automatic bilge has never worked since I bought the boat last Fall. When I put the switch to automatic, the bilge stays on constantly.

Question: Where is the water sensor located for the bilge? Or do I even have a water sensor. What does it look like?

THANKS!!!

beatle78

In most cases there is a float switch next to or in to the bilge pump that will rise up when water gets to a certain level in the bilge. In your case the automatic float switch may be stuck in the on position and you need to find it and repair or replace it, whether you do it or you have a dealer or someone else do it. Check this site, for item #2505 or 2507, http://www.skidim.com/searchprods.asp, enter "BILGE PUMP" in search box, that is what you look for if you have one with a built in switch or one with the shown seperate float switch. The pump will be where you hear the sound coming from if you turn your switch on,
Knowing it wasn't working properly, why have you waited till now to address something so important to the survival of the boat and for the protection of your investment?

beatle78
05-28-2007, 12:06 AM
thanks.

Good question. I guess my TO DO list was so long that I pushed this one so far in the back of my head that I forgot. I'm going to blame this on the arrival of our little one[6 weeks early] and lack of sleep for months.

1. Install perfect pass - done [except PP sent didn't send me the longer throttle cable needed for the LTR, they shipped it on Thursday]
2. Replace steering cable - done
3. Restore gelcoat - done [see my post in Appearance]
4. Install correct swim platform brackets to get the platform out of the water - done
5. What was that other thing I wanted to do... oh well it's 85 out and I want to get the boat in the water.....

OK, so I do not see any switch next to the bilge pump. Perhaps it's in the pump. It's just one of those yellow 750GPH MayFair pumps. I need to move the bilge pump to the senter of the boat anyway b/c the water collect in the center of the boat not in the stern where the bilge is located.

beatle78
05-28-2007, 12:24 AM
p.s. I only recalled seeing 2 wires going into the bilge pump. Isn't there 3 wires in a automatic bilge setup?...

beatle78
05-28-2007, 10:51 AM
I figured it out. They float switch was ~2" away from the pump and the angle I was looking at it made it hard to see.

So the switch is bad. Time for a new one.

TMCNo1
05-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Can I suggest you keep your bilge pump problem on one thread so we can attempt to help you in one thread only.

beatle78
05-28-2007, 01:46 PM
sure, let's use this thread then....