PDA

View Full Version : HELP: tranny info needed!!!

fintek9
05-27-2007, 09:00 PM
OK, rain quit, put the boat in, NO forward or reverse!!!! like you were to push the rev, button in....tranny dipstick check, low and MILKY??
the normal amount of water in the bilge area after an outing!!
got out last wed. It ran great, no problems...didn't drain it! ....that water is MILKY also!!!(in the bilge):confused:
Hoses look fine!! boat on trailer prop turns!! not locked up...
the only thing that truly bothers me is the milky in the bilge.
just drain and fill, and see what happens! or look deeper?:confused:

01 x-star, mx pred motor, 5.7 ,350 vortek, 310 hp
Tranny: ZF hurth....model: zf 63 1v-1.6
suggestions please:)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>OK::::
This morning, cleaned out bilge area.. put 2.5 quarts tranny fluid in...
put boat in, (left on trailer) Have forward and reverse!! as water is draining towards the back from the low center part of hull, I start seeing a trickle(flow) of red with it... got down low to get a good view and see it leeking ever so from the point were the shaft enters the tranny!!
FOUND IT.. Ok , know, has any one have had or seen this prob?
is it just the seal???? or what? when I pull the tranny what more
should I look for? I should get a new cooler since I'm in there!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

bringing the broke puppy into the shop today....$760..ouch...

T Scott
05-27-2007, 09:38 PM
I'd start by checking the cable linkage. Perhaps something came loose. Have someone at the helm shift in/out of gear and make sure the shift lever is movong back and forth. If it isn't moving, you have found your problem, if not, keep looking!!

fintek9
05-27-2007, 10:06 PM
yea, I looked for that on the lake, all good there....At the time that
was my first thought...(or hope)...nope!!!

thanks for your time
:headbang:

Leroy
05-27-2007, 10:13 PM
I think you have to at least drain and fill the tranny to get rid of the milky fluid. I would still want to find out why? Sounds like fluid was coming out and water going into your tranny.

Ski-A-Rees
05-27-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm willing to bet money that you blew a hole in your transmission cooler. Only because I just did the same thing to my boat. It ran fine at an idle or on the trailer, but when I went to put it gear it started to over heat. Water in your tranny looks like a milky coffee color. Transmissin coolers are around a hundred dollars or cheaper depending on your transmission at discount inboard. www.skidim.com

fintek9
05-27-2007, 10:47 PM
that is were I'm going to start tomorrow morning!! that is what I
come out of it with, was why?? where?? did the water get into the tranny from? Why wed. it had no probs. fired it up today and notta??
wierd I say wierd... but it is only a machine!!
thanks Leroy

fintek9
05-27-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm willing to bet money that you blew a hole in your transmission cooler. Only because I just did the same thing to my boat. It ran fine at an idle or on the trailer, but when I went to put it gear it started to over heat. Water in your tranny looks like a milky coffee color. Transmissin coolers are around a hundred dollars or cheaper depending on your transmission at discount inboard. www.skidim.com
That's a thought! I'll check that tomorrow, it was a milky whiteish in color! coffee w/cream..The boat did not overheat though!! it did'nt have time to, this started as soon as I fired it up! I put in on my channel, it's only about 2 boats wide, my boy backed me up, I start it on the trailer,he backs up and lets me slid off.. I must then give a little gas to not go into the far bank!.. notta.. I am familier with skidim tho..

cool, thanks

fintek9
05-28-2007, 12:44 PM
man, I'm missing this!!! :steering: