PDA

View Full Version : Shifter or tranny???

ilikeitglacy
05-26-2007, 07:20 PM
put the boat (X7, 2003)in for a test drive before taking her to the lake for the summer. Had no problem shifting forward but could not get to reverse unless using anormal force (like my twelve yr old was barely strong enough to shift it to reverse).once engage in reverse things seems ok. Does look like the cable is good and, i would like to take a look behind the shifter. do i need to take the whole side panel down? WHAT MISTAKE SHOULD I AVOID MAKING?:confused:

TMCNo1
05-26-2007, 08:20 PM
put the boat (X7, 2003)in for a test drive before taking her to the lake for the summer. Had no problem shifting forward but could not get to reverse unless using anormal force (like my twelve yr old was barely strong enough to shift it to reverse).once engage in reverse things seems ok. Does look like the cable is good and, i would like to take a look behind the shifter. do i need to take the whole side panel down? WHAT MISTAKE SHOULD I AVOID MAKING?:confused:

It's not always the outside that is suppose to look good, but how the cable is operating on the inside, is where most of the problems will be.

milkmania
05-26-2007, 08:43 PM
It's not always the outside that is suppose to look good, but how the cable is operating on the inside, is where most of the problems will be.

http://www.rejectsworld.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/eusa_doh.gifslowly backs outta this thread