PDA

View Full Version : Fleebay! It Finally Got Me!

Hoosier Bob
05-25-2007, 11:41 PM
As you all may know I spend some time on the old Ebay! I enjoy it! Until now! I purchased a Moto Jack. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-carrier-Moto-jack-Dirt-bike-rack-trailer-MX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50072QQihZ016QQitemZ 260121435487QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Yes this very one. I purchased the Moto Jack before I realized the seller did not accept PayPal. No worries he had enough feedback that I was assured a happy transaction. I am then solicited to pay by credit card and I must call an 800 number. I am out of town so the Lovely Lisa handles the transaction. He is quite professional. He cross sells accessories like red paint and a gas can carrier. No just the Moto Jack please. Lisa is advised of the shipping time. Two to three weeks! No worries she says. He explains these are drop shipped. 16 days later the turd arrives! Scratched and home made POS! Sure it is a neat idea but W T F? I respond the item is rough, home made and the paint is destroyed. He is nice and responds no worries send it back! He then sends his return policy! 15% restock unless scratched then 35% and $50 to get back to him! I said no thanks I will leave accurate feedback, sell the item for $50 and cut my losses. NOW I GET REALLY SCREWED! He sends Ebay a non-pay request! I have to explain how I paid which I do! They come back and say I have not paid for the item and unless I remove my feedback I will receive a strike! I sent them all of the information but no way to send bank statements or pictures of the item. They side with seller and issue the strike! I have 230 perfect feedback 100%! I am hit with negative feedback and a non-payment strike! I am half tempted to call the bank and charge this guy back! What can you do? I guess I am screwed!:o

Oh well if I never Ebay again I will save about $5,000 per year on useless crap that have no room for anyway!

HB

Hoosier Bob
05-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Here is what I thought I was buying! Looks very similar!;)

Hoosier Bob
05-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Would you guys have accepted this item?:confused:

Monte
05-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Would you guys have accepted this item?:confused:
Helll No!!!! Looks like it went through a frickin cyclone.....:mad:

Monte
05-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Helll No!!!! Looks like it went through a frickin cyclone.....:mad:

I would be kickin somebodys ***:)

Hoosier Bob
05-26-2007, 12:00 AM
What about the weld spatter? The bent thread rod? Man I am getting screwed and Ebay is supplying the most penetration! Good news is I am a good/really great person and I feel great! OK I am just Hoosier but I really do not mind. If I give in to the mutual feedback removal he wins and sells more crap! I am taking this one for the team my brothers! Thanks Monte! I am a TriStar Lover!

Hoosier Bob
05-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Where is Casey when I need him?:confused:

JimN
05-26-2007, 12:23 AM
If you paid with a credit card, you can dispute the transaction. Call your card company about this.

Hoosier Bob
05-26-2007, 12:27 AM
I agree but I have the item and I have paid! C'mon Jimi help a brother out!

JimN
05-26-2007, 12:30 AM
You have an item, not really the one in the description, though. That misrepresentation is usually called fraud. Talk to a cop about it- if it was truly misrepresented and it was across state lines, it may be a federal beef.

Hoosier Bob
05-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Now we are talking Beef! Nice! Can you see the similarities to the product I thought I was buying? Anyway I do not really care. $300 gone and I have an excuse to rant to my brothers! I have been out of pocket as of late so to speak! Nice to see the family still has some time for ole Hoosier!;) You have an item, not really the one in the description, though. That misrepresentation is usually called fraud. Talk to a cop about it- if it was truly misrepresented and it was across state lines, it may be a federal beef.

Farmer Ted
05-26-2007, 12:41 AM
you're still 100% in my book HB!

pram
05-26-2007, 12:49 AM
HB that SOB needs to get it. You should almost contact the manufacturer of the jack rack and show them the pictures. Buddy might be infringing on copyrights. If he is and selling them oh boy....

Hoosier Bob
05-26-2007, 12:51 AM
I love you too Farmer!8p you're still 100% in my book HB!

Hoosier Bob
05-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Oh well I appreciate all but I am getting screwed and it appears more will. The guy could spend a bit more time working on his product but as we speak Ebay supports him. Copyright, quality and service appear to be of little consequence to pur friends at Ebay.:o HB that SOB needs to get it. You should almost contact the manufacturer of the jack rack and show them the pictures. Buddy might be infringing on copyrights. If he is and selling them oh boy....

milkmania
05-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Now we are talking Beef! Nice! Can you see the similarities to the product I thought I was buying? Anyway I do not really care. $300 gone and I have an excuse to rant to my brothers! I have been out of pocket as of late so to speak! Nice to see the family still has some time for ole Hoosier!;)

you gave $300.00 for that?:eek3:

was that U.S. dollars????

dang, you're looking sexier every minute8p

snakeoil
05-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Bob, you can issue a chargeback through your credit card company. This is a very strong resolution. It will raise the merchant's rates. It's a much worse mark on his record as a merchant than a negative mark on his ebay account. You have to write the credit card company. They won't accept a chargeback over phone or email.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-26-2007, 09:58 AM
HB, I would press the issue. Talk to your credit card company. What he did is BS and you tried to settle it fairly with him, when he didnt play nice and tried to screw you over, that was BS. so fight fire with fire. Call your CC company and fight it.

BrianM
05-26-2007, 10:04 AM
I agree. talk to the CC company and charge the guy back. Con't believer that Ebay did not side with you. Why were you unable to get them a copy of the CC transaction or photos?

bigmac
05-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Credit Card chargebacks aren't usually a simple matter of just telling the credit card company not to pay - they have a obligation to determine if the terms of the sale were met or not, in which case they talk to both the buyer and the seller. They then make the determination as to whether or not to issue the chargeback. The item description was misleading, but IMHO that's a judgement call that the credit card company is likely going to be very reluctant to make. I suspect that ultimately they will boil it down to an issue of simple customer dissatisfaction, in which case they would only issue the chargeback if no return of the item was possible. In this case there is a return policy, albeit an onerous one, but regarding a dissatisfaction return, the credit card company is likely to say that the principle of caveat emptor applies and it was the buyer's responsibility to be aware of the return policy, not necessarily the seller's responsibility to provide it. Sadly, the way I see it (BTDT), the credit card company is likely to rule that the terms of the sale were met and refuse the chargeback.

Having said all that, it's worth a try since different credit card companies and/or their issuing banks have different purchase warranty policies.

Sorry HB. It used to be that PayPal sucked worse than ebay. IMHO, that's no longer true.

Maristar210
05-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Credit Card chargebacks aren't usually a simple matter of just telling the credit card company not to pay - they have a obligation to determine if the terms of the sale were met or not, in which case they talk to both the buyer and the seller. They then make the determination as to whether or not to issue the chargeback. The item description was misleading, but IMHO that's a judgement call that the credit card company is likely going to be very reluctant to make. I suspect that ultimately they will boil it down to an issue of simple customer dissatisfaction, in which case they would only issue the chargeback if no return of the item was possible. In this case there is a return policy, albeit an onerous one, but regarding a dissatisfaction return, the credit card company is likely to say that the principle of caveat emptor applies and it was the buyer's responsibility to be aware of the return policy, not necessarily the seller's responsibility to provide it. Sadly, the way I see it (BTDT), the credit card company is likely to rule that the terms of the sale were met and refuse the chargeback.

Having said all that, it's worth a try since different credit card companies and/or their issuing banks have different purchase warranty policies.

Sorry HB. It used to be that PayPal sucked worse than ebay. IMHO, that's no longer true.

BigMac is right HB.

I just got ripped off by paypal to the tune of $200. I bought a Motorcycle paid a deposit immediately and when I made the appointment to pick up the bike the seller frickin no-showed. I drove 7 hours round trip and when I finally got ahold of the seller he said he was sorry and would I like to come back and get it? I said no thanks at $3.50 per gallon I was not interested in making the trip twice. I asked him to return my deposit. He will not. I asked for PayPals help in the form of a dispute. They sided with the seller. I will never use it again...:mad:

Ric
05-26-2007, 11:40 AM
he kinda already said he'd only be doing this in spite. It would be a good kick in the knee to the merchant and I promise you it's a hassle for the merchant to respond. merchant leaves one t not crossed or one i not dotted, and it becomes a chargeback. do it HB, it'll be rewarding to get back at this slimeball.

milkmania
05-26-2007, 12:13 PM
well, here's someone an unused Howard Price commercial mower

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-UNUSED-HOWARD-PRICE-COMMERCIAL-FRONT-CUT-LAWN-MOWER_W0QQitemZ140122358344QQihZ004QQcategoryZ5037 7QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

good price too

milkmania
05-26-2007, 12:27 PM
I drove 7 hours round trip and when I finally got ahold of the seller he said he was sorry and would I like to come back and get it? I said no thanks at $3.50 per gallon I was not interested in making the trip twice. I asked him to return my deposit. He will not. I asked for PayPals help in the form of a dispute. They sided with the seller. I will never use it again...:mad:

is it possible to give the general loacation of this seller?

we might have a TT member near-by....

I've seen it done before, and it works!

milkmania
05-26-2007, 12:52 PM
to help light the mood.......

this guy's feebacks are hilarious!!!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=tryork5ifp&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers

Hoosier Bob
05-26-2007, 09:49 PM
In my drunkin' stupor last evening I sent a reply to Ebay describing my feelings regarding the transaction. I can send or post a copy of my retort. As a matter of fact I will! Here goes and I will add the non-pay has already been removed!:D

Item number(s): 260111906393

Appeal reason: Included proof that item was paid for

Supporting email from member:

Customer concern: I am confused? I paid $229.00 for the item. The item was shipped for $50.00. The item was not as described, damaged and I asked for a return. He sent return info. The return info clearly states 35% restock for being scratched and the scratches were FEDEX's problem (his words) poor packing, my words. For me to return I would have paid $100 to ship total and a $70.00 plus restock! I said I would sell for $50 and cut my losses. He said send pictures and I did. I was then called a crybaby for damage that would happen throughout regular use anyway. I am not understanding why I cannot make the decision to not pay the additional $125.00 that was quoted to return and so choose to leave accurate feedback! The item per a phone conversation with my girlfriend was factory fresh! She had the choice of additional $15.00 for a flash red paint job. She also was offered a gas can carrier. It sounded great! She (Lisa B.) gave them the Credit card info and my item arrived just over two weeks later in extremely poor condition. You have not asked for her bank statements showing the Debit payment? You have not asked for pictures of the item? Do I need to take Ebay to small claims or both yourselves and this customer? You are leveraging me to withdrawal accurate feedback by saying I did not pay for an item? This is horrible! He has 30 mutual withdrawals! I have had stellar relations here for over 6 years buying and selling. How do I prove payment? Can I fax a bank statement? How have you reached a verdict with no evidence? I have all! I agree he offered to accept the return. Have you read his stipulations? I can fax you that as well! After 5 days if not received back I get nothing! If scratched (my original complaint along with quality) 35% restock! I had no choice. I would have accepted a discount maybe to help with my losses and walked away. To pay another $125.00 was to me unreasonable. I have now paid for an unsatisfactory item and I have left my feedback. I will send proof whereever it is accepted and then move on. I may never Ebay again after this one. This is exactly how these people stay in business. You enable them to have 30 mutual withdrawals and it has no effect? I feel sorry for the solid Ebayers that have gone before me. Please send better info as to whom I need to call and where I send real, tangible proof! I am lost! I do not know how I can prove when he takes no PayPal, Sends no receipt with the product and I can't figure out who at Ebay can be sent this info. How do I send you my proof? I will then protest this NON-PAYMENT STRIKE! He obviously has you pay with a CC after the auction so there is no record of payment. This is sad if allowed. Check my history I typically pay within second of auction end. I pay. Check my bank account and all creditors. Never had a late payment in my life. Would his credit match up? I cannot understand how you have come to this conclusion. If this is how my concerns are to be handled in the future it may be best to part ways. Please let me know how to get you the proof of payment and the pictures and I will restore my excellent standing.

Bob Schenck:D :D

Thank you Miller Lite and Ebay!

Hoosier Bob
05-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey if I thought you could weld and milk I would have called!:D

Thanks Brian like I needed to feel worse!8p you gave $300.00 for that?:eek3:

was that U.S. dollars????

dang, you're looking sexier every minute8p

Hoosier Bob
05-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks Brian and Big Mac! I agree with all. They ask you to prove payment but you can only fill out blanks on a form, no attachments! I cut and pasted from our bank statement but I could not figure out how to do any more than that. Anyway after my latest letter they have decided to remove. I still have a negative but I earned it! I will not remove his to have mine removed! I can take a punch! May not be the best way but it is the honest way. I did leave my email on my feedback which is a violation. I will represent him fairly. Pics will be actual and I will post actual responses. I would remove that aspect if asked. BEER! I swear I heard someone say Beer! I gotta go!:o I agree. talk to the CC company and charge the guy back. Con't believer that Ebay did not side with you. Why were you unable to get them a copy of the CC transaction or photos?

milkmania
05-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Item number(s): 260111906393

saw his feedback......
man, don't put up with that ****!

let me know if you want me to host those pics, and you can add the links to your future feedback:mad:

milkmania
05-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Bob,

looky what I found

http://www.gc-carriers.com/

and

http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=gc-carriers&tld=com

Hoosier Bob
05-26-2007, 10:51 PM
That's the guy! Stolen!

milkmania
05-26-2007, 10:58 PM
That's the guy! Stolen!

for what it's worth.......

I would not trust that bent all-thread:twocents:

Hoosier Bob
05-26-2007, 11:02 PM
I agree that the item will most likely work. I do not agree that it is a "Factory" made item. Paint came off in my hands! Standard steel mitered and welded with splatter all over. My problem was the cost of the service. I had read of the "Moto Jack" and heard good things. I did not get a Moto Jack nor did I get any paperwork regarding warranty, assembly or use. My beef!

milkmania
05-26-2007, 11:04 PM
I agree that the item will most likely work. I do not agree that it is a "Factory" made item. Paint came off in my hands! Standard steel mitered and welded with splatter all over. My problem was the cost of the service. I had read of the "Moto Jack" and heard good things. I did not get a Moto Jack nor did I get any paperwork regarding warranty, assembly or use. My beef!

that one pic looked like he turned Stevie Wonder loose with a grinder:rolleyes:

Archimedes
05-27-2007, 12:38 AM
I had a Moto Jack Rack and, while it was pretty good, it was by no means a piece of exceptional engineering or manufacturing. It was a very simple device that looks like it was manufactured and painted in someone's backyard shed. The paint came off really easily, it rusted fast, and the lock down bars bent pretty easily when you torqued em down. Don't get me wrong, it worked, but it wasn't a great product.

Interestingly, I tried to sell mine locally for a couple months for $75 and got no takers. Got tired of stubbing my toes on it in the garage, so I tossed it in my truck with a pile of crap going to the junkyard and threw it away.

By the way, Moto Jack Rack is out of business.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-27-2007, 09:19 AM
I had a Moto Jack Rack and, while it was pretty good, it was by no means a piece of exceptional engineering or manufacturing. It was a very simple device that looks like it was manufactured and painted in someone's backyard shed. The paint came off really easily, it rusted fast, and the lock down bars bent pretty easily when you torqued em down. Don't get me wrong, it worked, but it wasn't a great product.

Interestingly, I tried to sell mine locally for a couple months for $75 and got no takers. Got tired of stubbing my toes on it in the garage, so I tossed it in my truck with a pile of crap going to the junkyard and threw it away.
By the way, Moto Jack Rack is out of business.

Ooo, that ones gonna hurt HB when he reads it. :o :o

Leroy
05-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Now this is a warning sign! What a kook, but a really funny kook!

to help light the mood.......

this guy's feebacks are hilarious!!!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=tryork5ifp&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers

milkmania
05-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Ooo, that ones gonna hurt HB when he reads it. :o :o

as of last night
me thinks HB was feelin' no pain.....

this morning may be a different story:rolleyes:

milkmania
05-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Now this is a warning sign! What a kook, but a really funny kook!
When I read FLEA POWDER I assumed ANTI-flea. My Bijon scratched herself silly!!
Taser worked even better that expected! My 3-year-old now eats brussel sprouts!

:purplaugh

Hoosier Bob
05-27-2007, 11:36 AM
I am feeling great and getting ready to race!

Workin' 4 Toys
05-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Oh well if I never Ebay again I will save about $5,000 per year on useless crap that have no room for anyway!

HB
Very well put............. A wise man I say.;)

#47of100TeamMC
05-29-2007, 09:11 AM
I don't mean to thread jack... But I had a similar thing happen to me while buying a 900$ car.

It was an old Honda Civic Hatchback, Completely Mis-represented. Had No Radio No speakers, the Hatchback did not open. the Ignition was cut out, and had a golf cart key in it's place on the dash. The moon roof was hand cut and leaked like a siv. Parking brake was stuck on. Doors Did not open from the outside, and it wouldn't Turn over(car was supposed to have an engine upgrade and be all suped up). Then the best part... I had to drive 9.5hrs 1 way from Minneapolis to Central Missouri to get it! and Back again. He couldn't make it to meet me. so I had to meet some friend of his in town, Then he took me on a little 20min chase through winding roads and many turns to find this old abandoned farm and trailer home with the car sitting there windows down, and soaking wet. We brought a car dolly, and good thing too!

AFTER, fighting with the guy and filing a mis-representation report with Ebay. they too sided with the seller. and I got nothing. Turns out the motor was a pretty easy fix, and I cleaned it up a little, and sold it to a guy for $1000 who only wanted the rims. So it turned out ok in the end.

Here's a pic of the Beauty!

milkmania
05-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I don't mean to thread jack... But I had a similar thing happen to me while buying a 900$ car.

It was an old Honda Civic Hatchback, Completely Mis-represented. Had No Radio No speakers, the Hatchback did not open. the Ignition was cut out, and had a golf cart key in it's place on the dash. The moon roof was hand cut and leaked like a siv. Parking brake was stuck on. Doors Did not open from the outside, and it wouldn't Turn over(car was supposed to have an engine upgrade and be all suped up). Then the best part... I had to drive 9.5hrs 1 way from Minneapolis to Central Missouri to get it! and Back again. He couldn't make it to meet me. so I had to meet some friend of his in town, Then he took me on a little 20min chase through winding roads and many turns to find this old abandoned farm and trailer home with the car sitting there windows down, and soaking wet. We brought a car dolly, and good thing too!

AFTER, fighting with the guy and filing a mis-representation report with Ebay. they too sided with the seller. and I got nothing. Turns out the motor was a pretty easy fix, and I cleaned it up a little, and sold it to a guy for $1000 who only wanted the rims. So it turned out ok in the end.

Here's a pic of the Beauty!

shoulda crushed it and made a six-pack of pop cans:rolleyes:

rodltg2
05-29-2007, 06:12 PM
yes may have been misrepresented, but for $900 . what can you expect??:D

Workin' 4 Toys
05-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Honda, Completely Mis-represented. Had No Radio No speakers, the Hatchback did not open. the Ignition was cut out, and had a golf cart key in it's place on the dash. The moon roof was hand cut and leaked like a siv. Parking brake was stuck on. Doors Did not open from the outside, and it wouldn't Turn over
Sounds just like a new one to me......:rolleyes:

milkmania
05-29-2007, 11:10 PM
yes may have been misrepresented, but for $900 . what can you expect??:D

my old 93 K2500 Suburban might fetch $1500.00 if I leave the $900.00 worth of Michelins on it:rolleyes:

wife says I need to get rid of it.... I tell her it's paid for, it hauls the camper, boat, tractor and anything else my other suburban won't or can't.

milkmania
05-29-2007, 11:11 PM
edit:

crap post

Workin' 4 Toys
05-29-2007, 11:19 PM
my old 93 K2500 Suburban might fetch $1500.00 if I leave the $900.00 worth of Michelins on it:rolleyes:

wife says I need to get rid of it.... I tell her it's paid for, it hauls the camper, boat, tractor and anything else my other suburban won't or can't.
Let me know milk, I might have the $900.00 to get you your money's worth back out of it...They better come with the truck attached though....:D

milkmania
05-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Let me know milk, I might have the $900.00 to get you your money's worth back out of it...They better come with the truck attached though....:D

plus I can charge you $900.00 to get it to Chicago

any topless bars in Chicago???

this could be a win win situation for me:woohoo:

Workin' 4 Toys
05-29-2007, 11:26 PM
plus I can charge you $900.00 to get it to Chicago

any topless bars in Chicago???

this could be a win win situation for me:woohoo:
Topless, why only topless........?? :confused:

milkmania
05-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Topless, why only topless........?? :confused: