PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Anniversary Forsale

Jim@BAWS
05-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Anniversary 197 LQ-9 (227 hours as of 5/25/07),Mini tower, Perfect Pass Pro, regular cover, tonneau and cockpit cover, Bimini top, CUSTOM UPGRADED sound system w/ custom light bar on tower. All POLK MOMO interior speakers, 2 subs, Rockford tower speakers, MC tandem axle trailer w/ chrome rims and matching spare. Teak inlaid platform. Adjustable hydraulic barefoot plate. Guys and girls this is the one. This boat has WON the MasterCraft Annual Reunion in 2006 as "BEST OF SHOW" and has won regional events. Lots of chrome upgrades. AWESOME BOAT all around. Located in North Tampa Fl at Bay Area WaterSports Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer.
$45995

Need I say more...

Jim@BAWS

http://www.bayareawatersports.com/searchengine/Details.aspx?diid=1039697&bvdid=3121&type=AN&indid=1&site_type=template&sortCol=Length&sortDir=DESC&page=2&

SkiDog
05-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Anniversary 197 LQ-9 (227 hours as of 5/25/07),Mini tower, Perfect Pass Pro, regular cover, tonneau and cockpit cover, Bimini top, CUSTOM UPGRADED sound system w/ custom light bar on tower. All POLK MOMO interior speakers, 2 subs, Rockford tower speakers, MC tandem axle trailer w/ chrome rims and matching spare. Teak inlaid platform. Adjustable hydraulic barefoot plate. Guys and girls this is the one. This boat has WON the MasterCraft Annual Reunion in 2006 as "BEST OF SHOW" and has won regional events. Lots of chrome upgrades. AWESOME BOAT all around. Located in North Tampa Fl at Bay Area WaterSports Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer.
$45995

Need I say more...

Jim@BAWS

Yea, you could say more......... Like check out these pics!:confused:

Jim@BAWS
05-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Yea, you could say more......... Like check out these pics!:confused:

Everyone knows what they look like. As clean as this 88 that I used to see years and years ago in a theme park not to far away.....

PS I'll get some photos up in the next couple of days

Jim@BAWS

shepherd
05-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Folks, I can vouch for this one. That is one badass boat.

Monte
05-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Folks, I can vouch for this one. That is one badass boat. :headbang:

Sounds NICE!!! Those are sweet boats...:cool: Darn I need to learn to Slolom:(

DemolitionMan
05-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Why is Rick selling his boat?

Jim@BAWS
05-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Why is Rick selling his boat?

How do you know its Rick's...could have traded it in on a 40th Already

Keeps you guys guessin

Jim@BAWS

Monte
05-24-2007, 10:15 PM
Here's what it looks like without a tower. The pic only tells half of the story. She is a BEAST with the LQ9.

So shep you gonna start showing that:rolleyes: :) :cool:

shepherd
05-24-2007, 10:55 PM
So shep you gonna start showing that:rolleyes: :) :cool:

:dance: .................

martinis talking. not me.

JohnE
05-24-2007, 11:12 PM
The 35th is a great looking boat. Anyone scoring one of these will be lucky. Shep's looks great and ski's even better.

What's with the tower, though? I thought that was heresy.

If I make my million this year, I'm getting a 40th and putting a tower on it, too.:)

Monte
05-24-2007, 11:14 PM
The 35th is a great looking boat. Anyone scoring one of these will be lucky. Shep's looks great and ski's even better.

What's with the tower, though? I thought that was heresy.

If I make my million this year, I'm getting a 40th and putting a tower on it, too.:)

You have to learn the art of hushpuppie making first... ;)

JohnE
05-24-2007, 11:27 PM
You have to learn the art of hushpuppie making first... ;)

I knew I was wasting 4 years studying engineering. Could have retired by now if I started selling Northern Hushpuppies back in '86 instead. :)

Monte
05-24-2007, 11:29 PM
I knew I was wasting 4 years studying engineering. Could have retired by now if I started selling Northern Hushpuppies back in '86 instead. :)

Now you got the picture!!

BTW: There is a 35th for sale>>:D <<<<<<<

JohnE
05-24-2007, 11:37 PM
BTW: There is a 35th for sale>>:D <<<<<<<

Yeah, 'cause everyone wants the 40th now.;) Me inclued.:D

DemolitionMan
05-24-2007, 11:42 PM
I knew it was Ricks because I was there whe he won best of show with it.

Monte
05-24-2007, 11:51 PM
I knew it was Ricks because I was there whe he won best of show with it.

I figured it was something like that... But I wasn't there, so I couldn't say..:o :)

shepherd
05-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Rick who??????

And let's see some pics Jim.

DemolitionMan
05-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Go to the showroom pics and scroll down to 2006 events and click on east coast reunion. I think the picks of Ricks boat are on page three.

Jim@BAWS
05-26-2007, 10:48 AM
http://www.bayareawatersports.com/searchengine/Details.aspx?diid=1039697&bvdid=3121&type=AN&indid=1&site_type=template&sortCol=Length&sortDir=DESC&page=2&

REVIEW THE LINK

Thanks

Jim

03 35th Anniversary
05-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Good Looking Boat.......
Is that HYD. barefoot plate a MasterCraft item???

BrianM
05-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Nice looking boat. :cool:

One thing though. What is up with you people in Florida and Teak? That is definitely not a "best of show" platform. Wouldn't you agree Harold? :rolleyes:

DemolitionMan
05-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Or the rust on that cast iron roller on the left hand side.

Jim@BAWS
05-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Good Looking Boat.......
Is that HYD. barefoot plate a MasterCraft item???

Yes it is

Jim@BAWS

Jim@BAWS
05-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Nice looking boat. :cool:

One thing though. What is up with you people in Florida and Teak? That is definitely not a "best of show" platform. Wouldn't you agree Harold? :rolleyes:

We have an understanding in Florida.

WE USE OUR BOATS !!!

a) They (The boats) are not kept in the garage 355 days of the year.
b) We do not "CUDDLE" up with our boats...We have women for that !
c) Wiped off every hour when the dust accumulates
d) Wish that we are out skiing in Dec and Jan because WE ARE
e) Teak can ALWAYS be brought back in an hour
f) Scutinize others peoples boats!

Enough said...take if for what it is

The PACKAGE is perfect

Someone come and get it

Jim@BAWS

DemolitionMan
05-26-2007, 11:55 AM
I dont know about all that, I have had my boat scutinized many times and most of the time it was on the west side of Florida. Just messing wih you Jim you dont have to get your feathers all in a ruffle. If you saw my boat it is filthy dirty from being in the rain at Carolina spring madness.

BrianM
05-26-2007, 12:16 PM

WE USE OUR BOATS !!!

The PACKAGE is perfect

Someone come and get it

Jim@BAWS
a) Mine is actually kept in the garage 365 days a year but it generally spends at least a couple of hours 4 days a week taking a dip in the pond and basking in the sunshine. The 3 months around here I call winter it is usually just once a week though.
b) Me neither and so do I.
c) Just wiped down after every use. No need to be excessive.
d) Ditto!
e) Yes it is relatively simple to bring it 'back' although I prefer to just keep mine looking nice in the first place.
f) Just ribbing you a bit there Jim relax. My very first comment was "Nice looking boat"

"Someone come get it" I would but that would require that I cuddle the boat because my woman that I currently cuddle would leave :rolleyes:

SDAhockey21
05-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Engine
2003 INDMAR LQ-9
Horse Power: 385
Fuel Type: Diesel

Engine Type: Inboard

????????????:huh:

Check Your Specs:uglyhamme

duckguy
05-26-2007, 12:37 PM
I dunno I think it looks pretty flippin sweet to me-even with the rust on the roller. HAHA

Ric
05-26-2007, 12:46 PM
That's our Jim! We wouldn't want you any other way buddy! :o

WE USE OUR BOATS !!!

The PACKAGE is perfect

Someone come and get it

Jim@BAWS

DooSPX
05-26-2007, 02:03 PM
that boat is sweet. wasnt that the same one at the southern 06 Reunion?
awsome. and coming from a dealer like BAWS makes the experience complete. these guys are awsome to deal with and talk to.

03 35th Anniversary
05-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Yes it is

Jim@BAWS

Can you tell me what a system like that runs???

Jim@BAWS
05-26-2007, 03:44 PM
"ONE MILLION DOLLARS"

That is at least what Dr. Evil would charge

$850 or so

shepherd
05-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Engine
2003 INDMAR LQ-9
Horse Power: 385
Fuel Type: Diesel

Engine Type: Inboard

????????????:huh:

Check Your Specs:uglyhamme

"Test-drive this 310 hp fuel-injected V-8 and you'll understand why MasterCraft calls it the Predator. It's an absolute standard on our fleet."

What is it... 385 hp diesel or 310 hp gas??? ;)

Jim@BAWS
05-26-2007, 05:22 PM
"Test-drive this 310 hp fuel-injected V-8 and you'll understand why MasterCraft calls it the Predator. It's an absolute standard on our fleet."

What is it... 385 hp diesel or 310 hp gas??? ;)

I checked my "SPECS" I don't need specs I can see just fine, how about you?

I think the motor is a MULITFUEL motor like they use in the Military.

Jim@BAWS

ski_king
05-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Throw in t he truck ad you have a deal!
http://media.channelblade.com/boat_graphics/dealers/3121/digi24732965.jpg

Jim@BAWS
05-26-2007, 05:52 PM
The owner of the TRUCK will deal on a TOTAL PACKAGE RIG DEAL

Jim@BAWS

shepherd
05-26-2007, 08:54 PM
I checked my "SPECS" I don't need specs I can see just fine, how about you?

I think the motor is a MULITFUEL motor like they use in the Military.

Jim@BAWS

Careful... if I was any dumber, I'd go and fill mine up with diesel tomorrow! :o

shepherd
05-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Throw in t he truck ad you have a deal!
http://media.channelblade.com/boat_graphics/dealers/3121/digi24732965.jpg

Jim,
Love the decal on that truck. Do you have any of those for sale? (yes, I do own a 35th anniv). Preferably something smaller to fit on the rear window of my Tahoe?

03 35th Anniversary
05-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Jim,
Love the decal on that truck. Do you have any of those for sale? (yes, I do own a 35th anniv). Preferably something smaller to fit on the rear window of my Tahoe?

I was just fixing to ask the same quetion.......and yes I own a 35th also.

Jim@BAWS
05-27-2007, 11:08 AM
I can certainly get them

We had to MODIFY that sticker to decrease the amount of space/leading between the letters to make it fit.

The come in only 1 size

Call or email me on Tues to get one

Thanks

Jim (813) 996 2297

jim.baws@verizon.net

Stritt
05-28-2007, 06:48 PM
#11 35th Anniversary, I know this boat VERY well.......too bad the new owner only put a few hours on it.:confused:

TMCNo1
05-28-2007, 08:51 PM
#11 35th Anniversary, I know this boat VERY well.......too bad the new owner only put a few hours on it.:confused:

It's my understanding from a previous post that Floridians MasterCrafts should be outside and being used year around, more than 10 times a year, rather than being protected when not in use. Your right, something is wrong, I did the math! More:confused: :confused: :confused: !

shepherd
05-28-2007, 11:37 PM

It's my understanding from a previous post that Floridians MasterCrafts should be outside and being used year around, more than 10 times a year, rather than being protected when not in use. Your right, something is wrong, I did the math! More:confused: :confused: :confused: !

I have first hand knowledge that #21 is in Florida right now and is being run at least a few hours per week. But she ain't outside right now.

03 35th Anniversary
05-29-2007, 12:13 AM
I have first hand knowledge that #21 is in Florida right now and is being run at least a few hours per week. But she ain't outside right now.

:cry: I wish I could say the same, but #16 has only had 4 hrs. put on it in Texas this season. Freakin work!!!:rant:

shepherd
05-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Sounds like you need to re-order your priorities 03! ;)

Stritt
05-29-2007, 09:58 AM
I was the previous owner and turned the boat back in with over 200 hours on the meter.......that was 2 years ago. Still looks good!

03 35th Anniversary
05-29-2007, 10:12 AM
I was the previous owner and turned the boat back in with over 200 hours on the meter.......that was 2 years ago. Still looks good!

It looks like you did an excellent job taking care of it. Mine has 122 hrs. so far. But I got alot of friends with MasterCrafts that I ski with.

And Shep, I think your right it is time to re-order my priorities. But if you quit coming to work they quit paying you! Then the Bank comes and takes all your BLING BLING away!!! (That means the 35th)

shepherd
05-29-2007, 10:28 AM
And Shep, I think your right it is time to re-order my priorities. But if you quit coming to work they quit paying you! Then the Bank comes and takes all your BLING BLING away!!! (That means the 35th)

Sucks how that works, huh? :mad:

Diesel
05-29-2007, 10:32 AM

Why did you turn it back in?

ski_king
05-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Why did you turn it back in?
:popcorn: :popcorn: (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=2993)

TMCNo1
05-29-2007, 10:38 AM

You go sheperd, wear that purdy thing out!:rolleyes::uglyhamme

shepherd
05-29-2007, 10:44 AM
You go sheperd, wear that purdy thing out!:rolleyes::uglyhamme

I plan to, but I plan to take better care of her than my previous boat (before I did the restore, that is).

Not only is she purdy, she tows a slalom skier pretty good too. :)

east tx skier
05-29-2007, 11:38 AM
All I've learned from this thread so far is that if you take care of something you obviously haven't enjoyed it. :rolleyes:

/tongue in cheek
//same line as the people who get all worked up when the question gets asked about storing a boat in the water and the answer that no one wants to hear is given. The response, if your boat doesn't have blisters, you obviously have never smiled while you're using it.

TMCNo1
05-29-2007, 11:43 AM
All I've learned from this thread so far is that if you take care of something you obviously haven't enjoyed it. :rolleyes:

/tongue in cheek
//same line as the people who get all worked up when the question gets asked about storing a boat in the water and the answer that no one wants to hear is given. The response, if your boat doesn't have blisters, you obviously have never smiled while you're using it.

Your right Eastie, we need to just use, neglect and destroy our boats, they make new ones everyday!:rolleyes: :D

east tx skier
05-29-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm all for using it. I'll let you continus to do the latter to yours. ;)

By the way, that 2003 S&S is real purdy.

Ric
05-29-2007, 11:59 AM
I knew this thread would someday come. I think 35th knew it too. :popcorn:

Diesel
05-29-2007, 12:02 PM
I knew this thread would someday come. I think 35th knew it too. :popcorn:

Obviously I missed something. :confused:

**edit** Nevermind the answer was right under my nose.

Stritt
05-29-2007, 12:50 PM
I had a feeling it would come around too.....I just thought it was funny that after the using the boat in Florida comments.....that the boat has about 10 hours more than it did 2 years ago.:o.......

Diesel
05-29-2007, 01:26 PM
I had a feeling it would come around too.....I just thought it was funny that after the using the boat in Florida comments.....that the boat has about 10 hours more than it did 2 years ago.:o.......

I guess they just did not want to wear out the "interior". :D

Jim@BAWS
05-29-2007, 01:26 PM
This thread has made my day, I am LOVIN IT ! Actually when we got the boat it had about 180 hours on it. So for the owner to put 40-50 hours on it in a little over a year more power to him. The owner skies with a bunch of guys who have 197's. So everyones boats get used. That 03 is immaculate. Better than new...even if the teak IS NOT to your guys standards.

More power to you guys who maintain and keep your boat better than perfect AWESOME JOB. Keep your boats garage kept. LOVE TO HEAR IT. The boat came in FIRST PLACE at the reunion last year in Georgia. There was a 1/2 point between 1st and second....mostly because of presentation. Now on the lighter side. That boat does not sit and wait for next years reunion. It gets used. I have seen boats that only have 5hours on them from one year to the next. We ALL use our boats. More some than others.

If anyone is looking for a PERFECT 03 197 Anniversary...well here one is.

Jim@BAWS

Diesel
05-29-2007, 02:15 PM
If anyone is looking for a PERFECT 03 197 Anniversary...well here one is.

Jim@BAWS

Now I am confused again.:confused:

You say the boat is "perfect" yet 35th_197 says it is "less than perfect" and MC must have agreed with 197 since they took the boat back after 200hrs.

What's the real deal?

PendO
05-29-2007, 03:25 PM
On the subject of keeping a boat in "perfect" condition ... it was rainy yesterday so I took the newly detailed boat up to the water fresh from storage/summerization ... there was a bit of dirt, road grime, etc ... on the hull, so my wife and I took it for a good 2 hour ride in the river to wash it off (only saw one other boat on the water) when we got back to the lift the boat was stilll a little dirty, some chips (tostitos) and some sand, and a bit of road grime on the top rail that didn't wash off ... I thought about wiping the boat down, but opted for dinner ... so I covered the boat up and it is sitting up there with a bit of dirt on it, ready for the next time ...

Ric
05-29-2007, 03:27 PM
On the subject of keeping a boat in "perfect" condition ... it was rainy yesterday so I took the newly detailed boat up to the water fresh from storage/summerization ... there was a bit of dirt, road grime, etc ... on the hull, so my wife and I took it for a good 2 hour ride in the river to wash it off (only saw one other boat on the water) when we got back to the lift the boat was stilll a little dirty, some chips (tostitos) and some sand, and a bit of road grime on the top rail that didn't wash off ... I thought about wiping the boat down, but opted for dinner ... so I covered the boat up and it is sitting up there with a bit of dirt on it, ready for the next time ... good thing there are no mice in the pacific northwest, otherwise those tostitos under the cover would have been a real nightmare :(

Sodar
05-29-2007, 03:35 PM
On the subject of keeping a boat in "perfect" condition ... it was rainy yesterday so I took the newly detailed boat up to the water fresh from storage/summerization ... there was a bit of dirt, road grime, etc ... on the hull, so my wife and I took it for a good 2 hour ride in the river to wash it off (only saw one other boat on the water) when we got back to the lift the boat was stilll a little dirty, some chips (tostitos) and some sand, and a bit of road grime on the top rail that didn't wash off ... I thought about wiping the boat down, but opted for dinner ... so I covered the boat up and it is sitting up there with a bit of dirt on it, ready for the next time ...

Boy, that just put your resale value into the toilet!! :D 8p :D Just Kidding!

east tx skier
05-29-2007, 03:47 PM
On the subject of keeping a boat in "perfect" condition ... I thought about wiping the boat down, but opted for dinner ... so I [backed the trailer into the ocean], covered the boat up and it is sitting ... there ... ready for the next time ...

Boy, that just put your resale value into the toilet!!

You're not kidding. ;)

PendO
05-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Boy, that just put your resale value into the toilet!! :D 8p :D Just Kidding!

yeah, but I got a slammin' deal on this one:)

Seriously, try keeping a boat clean with a 2 year old and a 4 year old ... I keep it clean when it is warmer, but man it was not warm yesterday

*should I appologize for threajacking, or ask for a thank-you for the bump?

Ric
05-29-2007, 05:36 PM
yeah, but I got a slammin' deal on this one:)

Seriously, try keeping a boat clean with a 2 year old and a 4 year old ... been there, done that......... worth every minute of vacuuming

shepherd
05-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Cute family, though momma looks a little chilly :)

Diesel
05-29-2007, 06:07 PM
I see shoes on the seats!! :eek3:

east tx skier
05-29-2007, 06:10 PM
I see shoes on the seats!! :eek3:

Subtract $2,000 for new uphostery. ;)

PendO
05-29-2007, 06:16 PM
I ask myself, how many times can the kids open and close the damn window going into the bow and step on the seat ... if I do sell this boat those hinges are worn out for sure - deduct $$ ... also, what is the deduct for kids dancing on the motor box - better figure that in:)

as for shoes on the seats, I tried to put up the cannopy on the lift in my socks the other day ... and thanks to all the 303 I about fell right off the boat ...

DemolitionMan
05-29-2007, 06:40 PM
That is the million dollar question how many hours were on that boat when 35th 197 sold it? Did you buy that boat new?

east tx skier
05-29-2007, 06:45 PM
I ask myself, how many times can the kids open and close the damn window going into the bow and step on the seat ... if I do sell this boat those hinges are worn out for sure - deduct $$ ... also, what is the deduct for kids dancing on the motor box - better figure that in:)

as for shoes on the seats, I tried to put up the cannopy on the lift in my socks the other day ... and thanks to all the 303 I about fell right off the boat ...

Tread lightly if you ever get that stuff on the garage floor and you're wearing socks. I've about busted my arse 50 times.

03 35th Anniversary
05-29-2007, 06:54 PM
That is the million dollar question how many hours were on that boat when 35th 197 sold it? Did you buy that boat new?

He posted earlier that the boat had over 200 hours on it.

Jim@BAWS
05-29-2007, 07:32 PM

We got it with like 186

Jim@BAWS

Ric
05-29-2007, 07:36 PM
We got it with like 186

Jim@BAWS It ought to be cherry after MC went over it with a fine toothed comb. I have always thought that was a sexy boat

TMCNo1
05-29-2007, 08:40 PM

I think that statement sums it up pretty well, tells me something!

Jim@BAWS
05-29-2007, 09:25 PM
I think that statement sums it up pretty well, tells me something!

Rick Porter has read this entire thread and I am typing what he would like to say... You can call him at (813) 967 7690 for more details.

" Hello everyone, expecially the ones I have met at the many MC reunions that I have attended since June of 2003. Jim is doing me a huge favor by helping me move my boat. I am in the middle of moving foward on a move into a new home or building one for my family. With all that said, there are only a few of you that have seen my pride an joy. What an AWESOME boat. I have made many new and distant friends because of the MC reunions. With that said, how can some of you comment on what you have never seen or touched? I know how the boat looked when BAWS picked it up...I was there. It WAS NOT in perfect shape. I put ALOT into that boat to make it what it is today and not just money. I went to other reunions and studied other boats to see what I needed to do to make mine as perfect as possible. How can you guys cristicize what you have never seen?

Jim has advertized my boat exactly how we both see it. Along with other people that have judged my boat WITHOUT being slanted. Those guys also know what it takes to have a reunion winner!

I know my boat, my dealer knows my boat, some of you who have met me know my boat. Others take a step back please and let someone else beside me learn to apprecaite this boat for what it is and the work that has gone into it to make it what it is today...not yesterday."

Rick Porter- Owner #11 2003 Anniversary Stars and Stripes
(813) 967 7690
rporter@avsouth.com

prostar 35th
05-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Hello to all I found my sceen name, so i'm here thank's jim for the last posting you let me do under your screen name. the only QUESTION I have for 35th_197 what is the real reason MC took the Boat back from you. I think i know But I'M not going to say what i Know. Let just say i'm not Selling it for the same reason I'TS PAID FOR IN FULL I OWN IT FREE AND CLEAR.

shepherd
05-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Hello to all I found my sceen name, so i'm here thank's jim for the last posting you let me do under your screen name.

Welcome prostar35th. I wish I had the chance to see your boat so I could get some tips on fixing mine up like you did. Hopefully, you'll stick around and lend your advice on these topics. But, it looks like you are leaving the MC family - at least temporarily - to pursue more important things. Good luck on your new home search.

PendO
05-29-2007, 11:16 PM
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ... I don't have the time to figure out who owns which 35th, damit man, I need the cliffs notes version posted to this thread or sent to me via PM or mailed to me via one of those donkeys Erk uses when he makes T-shirts (ya know, buy them in the spring, just in time for Christmas) ... okay fellas, headed home from the office, I'd like a summary when I get to my laptop in 30 minutes.

TIA - Casey

shepherd
05-29-2007, 11:54 PM
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ... okay fellas, headed home from the office, I'd like a summary when I get to my laptop in 30 minutes.

TIA - Casey

Jim@BAWS has a very nice Prostar 197 for sale.

35th_197 used to own it.

Prostar 35th now owns it and his buddy Jim is trying to sell it for him.

03 35th Anniversary and me have similar boats, but we're not selling.

You're welcome. :cool:

03 35th Anniversary
05-30-2007, 12:07 AM
Hello to all I found my sceen name, so i'm here

Welcome and that is one sweet boat you built there:headbang:

Stritt
05-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Hello to all I found my sceen name, so i'm here thank's jim for the last posting you let me do under your screen name. the only QUESTION I have for 35th_197 what is the real reason MC took the Boat back from you. I think i know But I'M not going to say what i Know. Let just say i'm not Selling it for the same reason I'TS PAID FOR IN FULL I OWN IT FREE AND CLEAR.

Hmmm, seems like you went to far with that comment...........Get ready!

shepherd
05-30-2007, 09:16 AM
And in this corner, weighing in at.... :popcorn:

sanjuan23
05-30-2007, 09:26 AM
And in this corner, weighing in at.... :popcorn:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Stritt
05-30-2007, 09:32 AM
How much do you know about your boat?

I know ALOT, I did own it and put many more hours than you on it in the 2 years it was in my garage and on the lakes and rivers of Missouri, Kentucky and Florida. The trailer itself has at LEAST 10k miles on it!

How's the floor?

You like the 2005 interior?

How about the MasterCraft by design dash plates?

How do you like the 3rd windshield? How's the gellcoat repair holding up after having screws from the windshield popping out the deck?

Hope the steering cable and perfect pass cables are still working properly!

Sure glad the trailer didn't pop of the ball due to a bad coupler, it only damaged my bumper on the truck.............. with your truck, the boat may have been under your truck.

Its been mentioned that you have had the boat since last summer.......where was it for the year prior? I took it to the MC dealer in July of 2005.

Are you implying that because I had a loan, that I could not afford the boat? Are you telling me that because you own it free and clear you would not have the issues I had? The boat HAD issues, most cosmetic some beyond! Did you ever ask to see the warranty work done to your boat?

Do a search on the site, see what you can find out! It would have been a much better start than going for the I can afford it and the previous owner couldn't BS!

BTW, you shouldn't REALLY believe what people tell you.....unless they know FIRST hand........And I know FIRST hand!

I would have left this alone.............I have for the past 2 years........

If you want some more info about the boat, let me know.......

Searching the threads will find some info for you....here's an interesting one...

I second checking the plugs......mine(at the time) did the same thing and it seemed to be corrected. New plugs and it ran like champ! I had about 200 hrs on the plugs at that point. Good Luck!

May also check the air filter to see how crushed it is, kind of tight in there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by 35th_197 : 09-14-2005 at 07:18 PM.

Ric
05-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Good thread .

Diesel
05-30-2007, 10:47 AM
the only QUESTION I have for 35th_197 what is the real reason MC took the Boat back from you. I think i know But I'M not going to say what i Know. Let just say i'm not Selling it for the same reason I'TS PAID FOR IN FULL I OWN IT FREE AND CLEAR.

Wow I had no idea MC would take your boat back after a couple of years and give you your money back if you could not afford it. Who do I need to contact over at MC to look into this? With the price increases over the past few years I could probably turn my boat back in and make a few bucks. :rolleyes:

Next time you might want to read what you type before your hit the "submit reply" button.

Diesel
05-30-2007, 10:48 AM
How much do you know about your boat?

I know ALOT, I did own it and put many more hours than you on it in the 2 years it was in my garage and on the lakes and rivers of Missouri, Kentucky and Florida. The trailer itself has at LEAST 10k miles on it!

How's the floor?

You like the 2005 interior?

How about the MasterCraft by design dash plates?

How do you like the 3rd windshield? How's the gellcoat repair holding up after having screws from the windshield popping out the deck?

Hope the steering cable and perfect pass cables are still working properly!

Sure glad the trailer didn't pop of the ball due to a bad coupler, it only damaged my bumper on the truck.............. with your truck, the boat may have been under your truck.

Its been mentioned that you have had the boat since last summer.......where was it for the year prior? I took it to the MC dealer in July of 2005.

Are you implying that because I had a loan, that I could not afford the boat? Are you telling me that because you own it free and clear you would not have the issues I had? The boat HAD issues, most cosmetic some beyond! Did you ever ask to see the warranty work done to your boat?

Do a search on the site, see what you can find out! It would have been a much better start than going for the I can afford it and the previous owner couldn't BS!

BTW, you shouldn't REALLY believe what people tell you.....unless they know FIRST hand........And I know FIRST hand!

I would have left this alone.............I have for the past 2 years........

If you want some more info about the boat, let me know.......

Searching the threads will find some info for you....here's an interesting one...

I second checking the plugs......mine(at the time) did the same thing and it seemed to be corrected. New plugs and it ran like champ! I had about 200 hrs on the plugs at that point. Good Luck!

May also check the air filter to see how crushed it is, kind of tight in there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by 35th_197 : 09-14-2005 at 07:18 PM.

Wow what a mess...........

03 35th Anniversary
05-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Wow!!! I thought this was a thread about selling a really nice boat. But it looks more like a fight behind the gym after school!!!!

prostar 35th
05-30-2007, 11:02 AM
And what kind of boat do you own now

east tx skier
05-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Good morning. Please don't let this thread about selling a boat turn into a flame war. Be respectful of your fellow Team Talk members, even when you disagree. It is up to each of us to make this forum a nice place to be. Just one user's opinion.

prostar 35th
05-30-2007, 11:05 AM
No it's not a fight behind the gym

BrianM
05-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Good morning. Please don't let this thread about selling a boat turn into a flame war. Be respectful of your fellow Team Talk members, even when you disagree. It is up to each of us to make this forum a nice place to be. Just one user's opinion.
Ditto !

No it's not a fight behind the gym
No it looks like it is more of a fight in the front parking lot :rolleyes:

Wow!!! I thought this was a thread about selling a really nice boat.

The boat is beautiful and from first hand experience I can say if Jim says the boat is perfect it is. All ribbing aside Jim is one of the best dealers out there and will go above and beyond to make a deal on a great boat. If you are in his area (or not) you can expect spectacular service after the sale too.

Stritt
05-30-2007, 11:18 AM
a bayliner:o j/k a Cobalt...

Seriously, I wish you and your family the best with building a new home, it is a stressful time. You do have a beautiful boat and I am happy to hear it treated you well. In the end, I am happy with the results and I wish you the same.

Ric
05-30-2007, 02:31 PM
It got all nice in here.

André
05-30-2007, 06:54 PM
It got all nice in here.
Would you say it's gay?;)

Seriously, i remember that boat and always wanted to know what was wrong with that boat so that someone can turn back a 03 Anniversary Prostar...
Now i know.:(

03 35th Anniversary
05-30-2007, 06:57 PM
It got all nice in here.

Wait till everyone is drinking again tonight.....:friday: :rant:

Jim@BAWS
05-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Can you guys PLEASE STOP. I have gone over that boat with a FINE TOOTH COMB. You WILL NOT find a cleaner, better maintained
197 ANNIVERSARY out there. All these flaws that everyone thinks that they know about DO NOT EXSIST. I bet my reputation on it.

ENOUGH SAID...You guys are always looking for something BETTER
than perfect. I invite anyone to come and check this boat out.

The boat did go back to MC...so what. The items where taken care of

Call me for details...any of you

Jim@BAWS

DemolitionMan
05-30-2007, 08:13 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn:

JohnE
05-30-2007, 09:05 PM
I've been casually looking in on this thread, but missed the fireworks of the past few days. All I can say is that if Jim gives his word on something, that is all I would need. I almost bought an '06 197 from him, but decided on another based only on color. I have complete confidence in him.

And if this 35th were for sale before I bought my '05, it would have been mine. Same with Shep's.;)

shepherd
05-30-2007, 09:07 PM
And if this 35th were for sale before I bought my '05, it would have been mine. Same with Shep's.;)

If that happened, I probably would have bought that '05. ;)

Ric
05-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Jim, with the history of that boat, you had to know this thread would go the way it has.

Diesel
05-31-2007, 11:30 AM

I think you should count your blessings. ;)

:twocents:
For me to own this boat it would have to be sold at a major discount given its past history. Plus I would want full documentation of what exactly was fixed at the factory. It is truly a collectors item and its history has a huge bearing on its value. Nobody wants to pay a premium for a collector item then find out it has a battered history.......

I am hoping the dealer (not to sure if it was you Jim or not) who sold the boat after it was "fixed" to 35th was up front and disclosed the fact that the boat had enough issues to be bought back by MC. I also hope the selling price was adjusted downward to help offset the lost perceived value given the collector status of the boat.

Again if I was buying a collector item I would probably want to keep it forever, and if I was expected to pay a premium to obtain said boat I would want it to be perfect in everyway..............especially its history.

All IMHO

SkiDog
05-31-2007, 12:04 PM
OK, time for my :twocents: :D . I have personally seen this boat at the last reunion I attended. It was (and is) immaculate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact, I would HATE to be a judge at a reunion(which I have done 3 times) and have to judge between this boat and Harold's boat! With the one exception being Harold's platform. There's not one out there that compares with it IMHO. So, i;m not sure what all the fuss is about here:confused: If Jim says the boat is perfect, then that's good enough for me! I know the man, and a liar he's NOT! Nuff said!

Toober Tom
05-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Great Looking Boat!!!

But this thread reminds me of Scruffy in this commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYrEYDpno2A

Ric
05-31-2007, 12:39 PM
I am surprised it took this long for Toober to arrive at the party

Stritt
05-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Ok everyone.....enough already.

First, I would feel confident that the boat is in excellent shape. It was not in bad shape, contrary to what some may say when it was turned in to Liquid Sports in July 2005. I even washed and cleaned the boat before taking it to them. MasterCraft was VERY gracious in taking care of us in regards to the boat.

Second.....The post went wrong with Jim's comment on Floridian's using the boat and not just "cuddling" them. The boat had over 200 hours on the METER.....it may in fact have had 187 hours on the ECM....I never meant to imply anything that would result in a fraud. Simply....if the the boat has 225 hours currently and it had 187 when turned it....thats 38 hours over the past TWO years.....simple as that. Additionally, I spoke with Mike MYMC and Jim regarding the issues when we owned the boat...I valued their help. For the record, the boat was not purchased in Florida...

Third......Rick.....Sorry you felt the need to stoop to a level that would make you want to attack my financial position....Pretty bold move considering you know nothing about me or my finances. I tend not to speak about things I know NOTHING about. Your mistake. I called you out on it! If you would have done the homework on knowing the history of the boat, you may have surmised that no matter how good a company or product is that every individual has their limits....Our family reached the limit, MasterCraft responded with an offer we accepted...That was a business decision, simple as that! An apology would be nice.....

Finally, to clear the issue once and for all. Our family spent 2 years with the boat. If the engine had 187 hours on it, we spent probably 5 times that amount on the boat......We loved the boat, we paid premium dollars for what was a premium boat. $52,000 premium.....plus taxes.....We spent another $2,500 on the tower and another $1,500 in racks and speakers....$800.00 on custom covers.....Thousands of dollars in "trip" money. We traded a 2003 209 loaded that we paid 45k for and sold 1 year later for 36k.....that's 20% in 1 year.....We wanted the boat when we were at the 35th reunion picking our new 209 up at the factory....Did we lose $$, absolutely.....Did we have many days, weeks and yes MONTHS....without the use of the boat? Absolutely. We felt like after a month at the factory in 2004 the boat was through with the "issues"....in May 2005 the floor issue came up and that was the proverbial straw.....We had enough. MasterCraft offered to take the boat to the factory and fix it in the fall...We didnt want to live with it and didn't want to be without a boat again...Remember, we live in Florida....the fall is some of the best boating... We wanted OUT of this boat. No guess work there.....We worked with the MC dealership and Zane S. fell in love with a 2005 X2 (old style) the color scheme in the catalog for that year.....Wanted it badly, found out the boat was sold.....Looked at the other X2's and they didn't do it for us....Remember coming from the 35th, we bought the boat for its looks......performance was not the reason. In the end we sold the boat back for $46k or thereabouts.......Everything in the transaction was based on trust....There was never a signed agreement between MC and myself, we agreed to a price instantly, MC sent the check to the bank, we took the boat to the dealership....Done deal. Do the math, we obviously wanted out of the boat...

Again, I would feel confident MC did a great job on repairing the floor, they did an oustanding job on it's previous visit. MC, was aware of the issues from the dealership all the way to John Dorton. I would recommend MasterCraft to anyone...I may have got a boat with some issues....that's life....the real story is how MasterCraft treated our family......It was with compete Respect.....That is right with the company motto.....Held to a higher standard.

Some of you have known the story, others have inquired in the past 2 years....Most did not know anything. Now, you have the story, why we sold, what our REAL motivation's were at the time....

Jim@BAWS
05-31-2007, 01:24 PM
"Second.....The post went wrong with Jim's comment on Floridian's using the boat and not just "cuddling" them"

I never directed any SLANDER towards anyone...take a joke man. Look what has happened to this thrread
This is CRAZY

You werent even involved in the discussion at the beggining

I guess my sense of humor does not go very far around here !!!!!!!

Jim@BAWS

Ric
05-31-2007, 01:28 PM
I guess my sense of humor does not go very far around here!

Jim@BAWS I have the same problem Jim

rodltg2
05-31-2007, 01:28 PM
if you not going to buy it dont worry about it.

Sodar
05-31-2007, 01:37 PM
if you not going to buy it dont worry about it.

Best comment yet!! WHO GIVES A SH!T!!

shepherd
05-31-2007, 01:42 PM
I guess my sense of humor does not go very far around here !!!!!!!

Jim@BAWS

I got it Jim! :)

35th_197: Well put. I'm glad your experience with MC and its dealers was good, even though your experience with the boat wasn't.
BTW, did you see my PM or are you ignoring me? :confused: I hope I didn't offend you in some way.

rodltg2
05-31-2007, 01:54 PM
you know what , lets just make this easy, jim lets do a straight trade. you can take my 01ps 190, and ill take the 03 ..:D

River Rat
05-31-2007, 01:57 PM
you know what , lets just make this easy, jim lets do a straight trade. you can take my 01ps 190, and ill take the 03 ..:D

And he could even keep the tower :D

rodltg2
05-31-2007, 02:01 PM
dont feel like reading the whole thread, but what the plate for? barefootin.?

Rockman
05-31-2007, 02:52 PM
Ah, what the hell!?

I gotta go back and read this whole freakin thing over...came in late and now I am lost...:o

After reading this whole thing...

Damn...

Jim@BAWS
05-31-2007, 03:04 PM
dont feel like reading the whole thread, but what the plate for? barefootin.?

The plate is for "EATING OFF OF"

Rod I wouldnt even trade a "WAKECRAFT" for this boat HA HA HA

Jim@BAWS

PendO
05-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Best comment yet!! WHO GIVES A SH!T!!

surely not someone with the base of an oil filter stuck to their engine:)

east tx skier
05-31-2007, 03:23 PM

bucky
05-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Boy, I wish someone would delete everything in this thread past about the first post. I wasted an hour, learned nothing, have a headache, and now lust for a boat I can't possbly justify adding to the one in the garage. Love the boat, but y'all are killin' me! Thank God I'm at work and getting paid for this.