PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a 1995 prostar 190

gardinerbowen
05-24-2007, 01:31 AM
I am looking for parts for this boat:

-steering wheel
-bimini top
-Spare tire for the trailer
-I am missing the bilge plug (brass under the egaine) I am using a screw plug now but would like to get the actual part for this boat

I also need,

-Pylon
-Cover
-PP

If you can help me with any of these things let me know thanks so much!!!
Email:Gbowen429@hawks.rwu.edu
or
PM me

rodltg2
05-24-2007, 03:04 AM
do you at least have the engine??:D

im no help, good luck though. im sure someone will have some advice for ya.

erkoehler
05-24-2007, 03:45 AM
Bilge plug, PP, and spare tire can be obtained from your local dealer.

Cover, www.skiboatcovers.com

Pylon....???

TMCNo1
05-24-2007, 07:38 AM
A dealer should be able to get you one from MC that is the same length as yours, all he has to do is call MC Parts Dept and they can find a replacement that will work.
Bimini, Overtons, your MC dealer, www.johnsonbimini.com, Barts, everywhere.

Jim@BAWS
05-24-2007, 10:26 AM
We can help with all of this

Thanks

Jim

Bay Area WaterSports
Ask for Chuck (813) 996 2297

east tx skier
05-24-2007, 11:02 AM
All good suggestions.

Harold can tell you what to look for, but your local auto parts dealer should have the steering wheel if your dealer doesn't.

Sodar
05-24-2007, 11:08 AM
I have the a extra bilge plug. PM me your address and I will send it to you... I have no need for it anymore.

TMCNo1
05-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Even the regular rubber expansion brass or S/S drain plug from Wal-Mart, or anywhere for that matter is better than a little square nut brass pipe plug. Insert into the thru hull fitting, tighten down and snap to expand into the threads. Attach it to the pylon u-bolt threads with a cap nut, with weed eater line, coiled key lanyard or bathtub chain long enough to lay in the floor in front of the motor cover when it's out and you'll never loose it.

TMCNo1
05-24-2007, 12:11 PM
A example of the lanyard,

gardinerbowen
05-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Even the regular rubber expansion brass or S/S drain plug from Wal-Mart, or anywhere for that matter is better than a little square nut brass pipe plug. Insert into the thru hull fitting, tighten doen and snap to espand into the threads. Attach it to the pylon u-bolt threads with a cap nut, with weed eater line, coiled key lanyard or bathtub chain long enough to lay in the floor in front of the motor cover when it's out and you'll never loose it.

Thanks i have one of these in there right now not the one u showed me in the pic but the twist type thanks so much for the help

gardinerbowen
05-24-2007, 12:18 PM
By the way TMCNo1 Your boat is amazing looking i wish mine could look that good

TMCNo1
05-24-2007, 01:24 PM
By the way TMCNo1 Your boat is amazing looking i wish mine could look that good

Thanks, just returning the love she gives to us!:)

Thrall
05-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Good luck w/ getting your boat fixed up. I'll let you know about the cover as soon as I find out the fate of my new cover.