PDA

View Full Version : Oil Drain Line....Correct Parts???

JohnnyB
05-23-2007, 10:18 PM
So my dealer got me my new drain line parts...came via UPS today. I think I'm missing some seals. Here are a couple of pics.

I believe so that this thing didn't leak, I should have seals on either side of the threaded plug where it mates with the body that the oil drain line is threaded into....

Thoughts?

JohnnyB
05-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Picture number 2

JohnnyB
05-24-2007, 06:47 AM
bump.....help :D

mrG
05-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Did you call the dealer and ask them what parts are supposed to be included or needed for the installation? I would do that first.

bigmac
05-24-2007, 08:17 AM
If it were me, I'd put O-rings on either side of the hose fitting where the hollow bolt goes through, and I'd wrap the threads with teflon tape or coat it with oil-suitable sealing paste. Your hardware or automotive store may have some other type of oil-resistant washers or seals that are more suitable, but I wouldn't worry about the type too much since it's not a fitting that's going to be removed and reattached continuously and subject to wear.

Hunterb
05-24-2007, 04:57 PM
That is an unusual looking set-up. I would ditch that ending and simply put a threaded cap in its place. That's what's on my boat and it works great. I see no use at all for the fitting as pictured.

Bruce