PDA

View Full Version : Any New Mexico MC'ers Out There?

Thrall
02-04-2005, 04:38 PM
We will be packing up and moving to the Albuquerque area soon. I'll be over there in a couple weeks. Rest of the crew to follow as soon as we close on a house. Just wonderin' if any of you guys/gals are in NM?
I know the lakes fairly well, lived there a while back, and mooched as many pulls as I could from friends over there.

rasmithaz
02-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Hey Thrall , you can't move. I'll be all alone at saguaro/canyon. Plus there isn't any rain in NM. Elephant Butte is dry. You'll be sorry!

MarkP
02-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Hey Raz

Not to get off of the subject but, isn’t razzmatazz a “safe word” from SNL. Or didn’t you see that one?

rasmithaz
02-05-2005, 12:06 AM
I don't remember "safe word". What does it mean? I know what " I gotta have more cowbell" means.

Thrall
02-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Hey Thrall , you can't move. I'll be all alone at saguaro/canyon. Plus there isn't any rain in NM. Elephant Butte is dry. You'll be sorry!

The Butte is pretty low, but the lakes out east arent' bad now. Ute Lake, Conchas Dam/Lake. Abiqui (sp?) is always full too.
Too bad, I know. Hey, wait a minute! There isn't any rain in AZ either!

Thrall
06-20-2005, 03:57 PM
I must have the only MC in New Mexico. Been to the Butte, Santa Rosa, and Sumner Lake. Only thing I even saw that resembled a ski boat was a 'Bu at Santa Rosa.
Now the upside, last weekend at Sumner Lake, water was crystal clear, about 70deg in the water, 90 deg air, and only 3 boats and 2 wallys on the whole lake. Oh yeah, and the wind quit blowing for about 6 hrs on Sat. Glass!

wakesport
06-21-2005, 08:08 AM
I'm not in NM but am thinking of relocating there. So, I am interested in what the skiing is like and where to live so that I am close to water.

Thrall
06-22-2005, 01:27 PM
wakesport,
Nothin' like WI, dude. You definately have to drive to water here!
The skiing here is pretty good in my short experience here. There are 11 lakes (reserviors) that you can powerboat on. Hasn't been too crowded.
NM is a pretty desolate state, and the lakes are 2-4hrs from Albuquerque. From Santa Fe, there are 4 lakes to the north, in the mountains. Nice lakes, muddy and cold from runoff early season, nice clear water later on. 1 - 2-1/2 hrs from Santa Fe.
4 more lakes East of Albq. All nice lakes, 2-3 hrs from Albq.
2 big lakes 2 hrs south of Albq, probably the most crowded of them all.
Drawback is that it's windy alot and the lakes are definately out in the open. They get blown out pretty easily.

wakesport
06-22-2005, 09:54 PM
I may have to rethink relocating if it's that much driving to water. I guess I'm spoiled living in Madison. I am 10 minutes to being on the water on one lake and 15 minutes to the other. I ski almost every day during the summer. Not today though as I am putting a new roof on the house. But, tomorrow we will go out early and then go back on the roof.

ddanemann
06-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Yes, I'm in Abq and I go to Conchas... I love it there... I'm also a Real estate broker... did you already buy a house?

David.

Thrall
06-27-2005, 07:25 PM
David,
I like Conchas, although only been there once, several years ago. Yes, already have a house, in Edgewood.

Thrall
04-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Bringing it back to the top.
Anyone have a MC in New Mexico?
'Bout time to get out again, weather's warming up.