PDA

View Full Version : X10 Drivers Speakers

wtrjock
05-23-2007, 04:08 PM
It bothers me that I can't hear the stereo very good at the driver's position in my 2005 X10. I pay the payment! I should have good sound!

Our boat has the factory JL setup with 4 speakers inside(2 in the bow, and 2 in the rear below the seats), 10in sub (in front of drivers feet), and 2 tower speakers. All of that is ran with the JL e6450. I do have plans to move the sub to a JL e1400, which frees up 2 channels on the e6450.

I am trying to come up with a mounting location for a couple speakers midship to give a little more sound for the people in the middle including the driver. Does anyone have an custom stereo pictures or ideas? I do custom stereo installations on the side, and have done fiberglass work as well, so I think I can come up with something cool, but examples are always useful.

Thanks,

Travis

jlf
05-24-2007, 09:27 AM
We had on '05 X10 for a brief time with the factory set up same as you with the addition of two additional tower speakers. You could hear the stereo just fine from anywhere in the boat and from about 100 yards in any direction. Sounds to me like something isn't adjusted properly either the stereo headunit or the amp. Possibly a blown speaker if it's just the drivers side? Sounds odd to me that you are having a hard time hearing the music from the drivers seat....and yes, I agree if I make the payments, I want to hear the music!!:D

In fact we could hear the stereo so well in our '05 that when we got our '06 with the same stereo set up we put the tower speakers on one of the accessory switches so we could turn them off. We still can rock the boat with just the cabin speakers and yup we can hear them quite well from the drivers seat too.