PDA

View Full Version : Amuzing Thread on Hot Boat

rodltg2
05-23-2007, 01:43 PM
http://www.hotboat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151518

Sodar
05-23-2007, 01:57 PM
I saw that... I think it is all a part of being on the lake. Last year a 30 foot cabin cruiser drove through a no wake zone at about 15 mile per hour and just about sank my buddy's Schiada and cause his boat to bang into mine and scratch the decals. I agree though that when you are throwing a 4' wake, you need to be courteous and watch your wake as best you can.

JohnnyB
05-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Nothing against WB boats, but I dread the day one of the huge pickle fork MCs shows up on our favorite 120acre lake.....right now folks get pissed at the 23 Maristar (mind you, no ballast tanks) rolling through....it causes boats to break loose from docks and really causes havoc for all those enjoying the lakefront.

I do believe that boat owners are liable for the damage their wakes cause.

rodltg2
05-23-2007, 02:40 PM
at the delta where i keep my houseboat, wakeboats are the least of my worries. its those huge cabin cruisers/ yachts that cruise around 20mph that cause havoc.

Sodar
05-23-2007, 02:46 PM
at the delta where i keep my houseboat, wakeboats are the least of my worries. its those huge cabin cruisers/ yachts that cruise around 20mph that cause havoc.

Rod, I wanted to talk to you about the Delta. We are going to stop in for a few days on our way up to Lake Shasta in August. Do you have any recommendations on a good place to stay? We will have our RV so a nice RV park would be perferred, something that can handle a 40 footer.

rodltg2
05-23-2007, 03:20 PM
there is alot of places. try tower park

Sodar
05-23-2007, 03:32 PM
there is alot of places. try tower park

Are there any good spots to ski around there?

Sodar
05-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Big Heavy http://hotboat.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://hotboat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2579587#post2579587)
You guys have managed to completely spin a situation that was not an issue. The boats getting drenched knew where they were, parked in front of the area holding the tournament and did so at their own risk. It was a wakeboarding weekend at Tulloch, and that was the competition, trust me they all knew exactly what was going on.

As for the guy proving the wakeboarders' "mullet comment" by saying the Mastercraft driver was an illegal, piss off!!! He is a friend of mine and his son is one of the best wakeboarders in the state. He's a hard working American, like the rest of us and was doing nothing wrong.

The fact that for some reason you guys all hate wakeboarders boggles my mind. Like you with wakeboarders, we have had an ignorant few skew our image of Hot Boaters. Lets not let one idiot ruin our entire perception, there are retards in any activity. I find it hilarious that you guys don't like wakeboarders with their big wakes and their active lifestyle. The guy making them out to be a bunch of lackeys is so far off base, it costs a lot to wakeboard. I guess it's true, you guys deserve more respect than wakeboarders do, clearly you have a real talent. You can turn a wheel, push a throttle and oggle nappy girls in your magazine, congratulations!!!

I guess the short of it is, get your facts straight before you open your mouth. Besides, you know none of you would do a damn thing about it hahaha.

HA HA HA HA

rodltg2
05-23-2007, 03:50 PM

yep plenty, and there are a few courses near by.

robisjo
05-23-2007, 04:21 PM

When are you coming out? I have been skiing in the delta for over 20 years and as Rod said, there are a lot of places to go. Send me a pm to discuss.

rodltg2
05-23-2007, 04:32 PM
rob. will you be out this weekend.??

robisjo
05-23-2007, 05:17 PM
rob. will you be out this weekend.??

I am not sure how many days I will be out. I will definitely be out on Monday morning. Saturday morning possibly, it depends on my buddy. His family has a house on Lake Hogan that overlooks the lake. We may be going up on Friday afternoon and coming home on Saturday evening with him. How about you? John

rodltg2
05-23-2007, 05:25 PM
ill be there all weekend...

robisjo
05-23-2007, 05:38 PM
ill be there all weekend...

Are you going to have the MC or the wakeboard boat? Do you want a pull in the am (7 or 8) on Monday?

rodltg2
05-23-2007, 06:41 PM
ill have the wakeboat, much better out there. maybe up for a bit ealry for me though..