PDA

View Full Version : you know what's f'd about this world?

Maristar210
05-23-2007, 11:27 AM
I post an advertisement for a job opening and here is a direct cut and paste of what I get accompanying a resume'

"I wolud like vary much to speek to you about the position you have. i have many years of expirience in supvervison and woulld be a goud fit for your compeny"

Is it just me?

This position pays over 50k FWIW.

sanjuan23
05-23-2007, 11:32 AM
WOW! I think it's entirely too sad that some folks feel that email or other forms of communication are so casual they do not need to take the time to check spelling and/or grammar. Drives me nuts!

Monte
05-23-2007, 11:35 AM
I post an advertisement for a job opening and here is a direct cut and paste of what I get accompanying a resume'

"I wolud like vary much to speek to you about the position you have. i have many years of expirience in supvervison and woulld be a goud fit for your compeny"

Is it just me?

210.. I guess that means I won't be getting a call back:( :rolleyes: :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-23-2007, 11:36 AM

Is it just me?

Maybe he has experience in selling really nice used brass hammers too!:D

Maristar210
05-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Maybe he has experience in selling really nice used brass hammers too!:D

Now that's just cold UMP. Where's the damn mayor?

east tx skier
05-23-2007, 11:44 AM
From www.icanhascheezburger.com.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/untitled-5.jpg

05-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Now that's just cold UMP. Where's the damn mayor?
the mayor is screwing oil filters onto cheverlays!

trickskier
05-23-2007, 11:57 AM

Is it just me?

This looks like the same person who wrote the ransom note on my hat....:rolleyes:
Hey Steve, CLEAN OUT your PM Box!!!

bcampbe7
05-23-2007, 12:14 PM
That's hilarious Steve.

I bet UMP sent that... :D

Leroy
05-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Well do you want an english major or someone that can do the job?

I was going to say something about Rods spelling and how his business seems to pretty darn well in spite of it! BUt I won't......;)

Maristar210
05-23-2007, 12:16 PM

I was going to say something about Rods spelling and how his business seems to pretty darn well in spite of it! BUt I won't......;)

No but I would settle for a semi-professional response.

betsy&david Harrison
05-23-2007, 12:19 PM
210.. I guess that means I won't be getting a call back:( :rolleyes: :D
But Monte, you can spell so you might get hired!

Leroy
05-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Ha!

Agree!

Maristar210
05-23-2007, 12:27 PM
But Monte, you can spell so you might get hired!

"Hello Betsy"

(hands tremble)

Sodar
05-23-2007, 12:29 PM

Is it just me?

Hey Steve! I am glad you got my response. Feel free to contact me when you have a free moment!! :) :D :)

JimN
05-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Maristar- I thinc yyour aksing a bit much if you want peeple to go threw all of they're skoolin and be abel to spill.

This is one thing I have a huge problem with, on a daily basis, in just about everything I read or hear. They drill grammar, spelling, reading and writing into our heads from what, 3 years old, through the day we assume room temperature and people just can't grasp the basic rules. Today's parents and school systems are failing in a big way if this is the best they can do. Or maybe the kids are just too lazy/stupid to try to remember this stuff because playing video games, IM-ing their friends, wearing their hats backward/sideways, and wearing their pants so low they could take a dump without making a mess is more important.

TMCNo1
05-23-2007, 12:32 PM

Is it just me?

Looks like someones wakeboard boat company and countertop business went under and they are job hunting!:confused: :rolleyes: :D

Maristar210
05-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Hey Steve! I am glad you got my response. Feel free to contact me when you have a free moment!! :) :D :)

Cameron !!!!!

Where the hell have you been? - don't give me any bull **** answers?

jail? couped up with three cali blondes? dope run? cannonball run? vistiing No1? with a stun gun? for fun? :D

(taps on desk waiting for a response)

east tx skier
05-23-2007, 12:33 PM

Hey, I resemble that remark! ;)

Maristar210
05-23-2007, 12:34 PM
Maristar- I thinc yyour aksing a bit much if you want peeple to go threw all of they're skoolin and be abel to spill.

This is one thing I have a huge problem with, on a daily basis, in just about everything I read or hear. They drill grammar, spelling, reading and writing into our heads from what, 3 years old, through the day we assume room temperature and people just can't grasp the basic rules. Today's parents and school systems are failing in a big way if this is the best they can do. Or maybe the kids are just too lazy/stupid to try to remember this stuff because playing video games, IM-ing their friends, wearing their hats backward/sideways, and wearing their pants so low they could take a dump without making a mess is more important.

Golf Clap

Here here Jim

My 21 year old sends me e-mails:

OMG did u c her?

I respond by asking her what language her code is written in. She gets po'd

05-23-2007, 12:35 PM

Its not only kids Jim. We have a guy at work that cant spell worth **** at age 49. :rolleyes: He cant get customers names right, its quite embarassing. He incorrectly spells customers names, parts, just about anything. and pronounces them wrong too. His grammar is non existant. :rolleyes:

Maristar210
05-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Its not only kids Jim. We have a guy at work that cant spell worth **** at age 49. :rolleyes: He cant get customers names right, its quite embarassing. He incorrectly spells customers names, parts, just about anything. and pronounces them wrong too. His grammar is non existant. :rolleyes:

Whet do u ezpect, he duz live in the yoop ya knooew

east tx skier
05-23-2007, 12:39 PM

They're being taught the test. That's the problem (at least in Texas).

I've said it for years. You could actually be a rocket scientist, but if you can't string a sentence together in a coherent manner, people will read your correspondence to them and assume you are not very intelligent.

trickskier
05-23-2007, 12:39 PM
I agree, I use to have a VP that worked for me that had a college degree and he could barely spell his own name........I was so embarrassed with one of his proposals to a Fortune 500 company that I had to rewrite the entire thing the night before the meeting..........Did I mention he went to FSU???

Workin' 4 Toys
05-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Steve,

Maybe they were hoping the management didn't know how to spell....??

I love the responses to a "full time" ad that give specific hours available daily, such as 7am - noon.... Or 12-5.....

Sodar
05-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Cameron !!!!!

Where the hell have you been? - don't give me any bull **** answers?

jail? couped up with three cali blondes? dope run? cannonball run? vistiing No1? with a stun gun? for fun? :D

(taps on desk waiting for a response)

I went on a little hiatus for a week, to take a breather from TT, then had a LAME business trip, where I did nothing but work and sleep for 1 1/2 weeks. But I am back and rejuvinated!

No Cali girls lately... hopefully this weekend! I am finally gunna get the new boat wet! It has been sitting in my driveway for 2 1/2 weeks!

05-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Whet do u ezpect, he duz live in the yoop ya knooew
Nope, he is an out of state import.

Maristar210
05-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Nope, he is an out of state import.

Which state?

captain planet
05-23-2007, 12:49 PM
I agree, I use to have a VP that worked for me that had a college degree and he could barely spell his own name........I was so embarrassed with one of his proposals to a Fortune 500 company that I had to rewrite the entire thing the night before the meeting..........Did I mention he went to FSU???
Was it FSU or michigan???? Sounds more like michigan to me. :D :D

05-23-2007, 12:50 PM
I hear you man. I went through a college that is heavy to engineering, mathematics, science curriculums and I watched alot of idiots graduate on the same stage I did. A few weeks after graduation, I had a guy I knew from class that I graduated with call me up and ask me how to figure out the area of a rectangle. :noface: True story. sad, but true.

I have seen lots of idiot Lawyers, doctors, engineers, nurses. I wonder how the hell some of them even found their way to the college or could pass a driving test. and they all have degrees.

That reminds me of something my highschool buddy told me once. this guy is now literally a "rocket scientist" for a living, for real. He told me, "Know why Architechts have to go to school longer than doctors do? because doctors can only lose people one at a time when they screw up."

05-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Which state?
I'm not lighting that fire Steve. NO way.

trickskier
05-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Was it FSU or michigan???? Sounds more like michigan to me. :D :D
Probably one in the same...............;)

Maristar210
05-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Probably one in the same...............;)

Hey now Trick -

Your cutting close to home there bud.

Southern ohio = Hillbilly buckeyes :D

trickskier
05-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey now Trick -

Your cutting close to home there bud.

Southern ohio = Hillbilly buckeyes :D
Excuse me Steve............Forgot for a moment that you're from Michigan..............:D

Maristar210
05-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Excuse me Steve............Forgot for a moment that you're from Michigan..............:D

I like the Gators. I do not like the F eyes :D

I do love CP's boat though. At least he got that right :D

trickskier
05-23-2007, 02:17 PM

UNDERSTOOD!!!

JimN
05-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Maristar-

"My 21 year old sends me e-mails:

OMG did u c her?"

roflmao! TF, TF!

JimN
05-23-2007, 08:47 PM
UMP-

FSU- is that Ferris State?

05-23-2007, 08:49 PM
UMP-

FSU- is that Ferris State?
Last time I checked it was.

and FU is Finlandia University:D NO foolin! peeps running all over up here with FU on their hats!

JimN
05-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Didn't Tim Allen go to Ferris? I saw Home Improvement and he was wearing a Ferris T-shirt, so I had to call a friend who went there.

atlfootr
05-23-2007, 08:53 PM

"I wolud like vary much to speek to you about the position you have. i have many years of expirience in supvervison and woulld be a goud fit for your compeny"I love the way the applicant spelled company and who's the idiot that wrote in lime green?

You can't even read, what he says.
At least I can desphire (sp) what the applicant's vocalizing ... :rant:
Is it just me?

Maristar210
05-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Didn't Tim Allen go to Ferris? I saw Home Improvement and he was wearing a Ferris T-shirt, so I had to call a friend who went there.

Tim Allen actually went to WMU Western Michigan University. He was famous for wearing sweatshirts from a number of Michigan colleges. Hell he even wore one from my alma DAVENPORT UNIVERSITY.

We had no football team but plenty of fat chicks to start one. :D

Maristar210
05-23-2007, 09:02 PM
I love the way the applicant spelled company and who's the idiot that wrote in lime green?

You can't even read, what he says.
At least I can desphire (sp) what tha applicant's vocalizing ... :rant:
Is it just me?

I wrote that ATL. Sorry.
Oh look there goes an X-80 right by your dock :D

Slinkyredfoot
05-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Eye stimply dunt now wat dis tread is a bout, dint git it...:confused:

Leroy
05-23-2007, 09:33 PM
At least you have the law thing to counter the english major.....:rolleyes:

I have a friend at work that will find 15 things wrong with anything I write....all grammar. Of course it's getting to the point anyone can.

Hey, I resemble that remark! ;)

JimN
05-23-2007, 09:42 PM
"I have a friend at work that will find 15 things wrong with anything I write....all grammar."

Technically, isn't everything you write 'grammar'?

Leroy
05-23-2007, 09:47 PM
He calls it bad grammar!

Technically, isn't everything you write 'grammar'?

05-23-2007, 09:50 PM
He calls it bad grammar!
Leroy, dont take it personal. Us scientific types Kant Comunikate gud. I meen, befor I went to Ingenerring Skul I kant even spel Ingeneerr, now I are one, after graduashun.

JKTX21
05-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Kids theze days... they got no couth!

atlfootr
05-23-2007, 10:25 PM
I agree, I use to have a VP that worked for me that had a college degree and he could barely spell his own name........I was so embarrassed with one of his proposals to a Fortune 500 company that I had to rewrite the entire thing the night before the meeting..........Did I mention he went to FSU???You mean, he went to the University of Southern Florida ...

Monte
05-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Kids theze days... they got no couth!

Be much funnier said in a yosimite sam style voice:rolleyes:

But, You make a good point!

JKTX21
05-23-2007, 10:44 PM
I always get Yosemite Sam & Foghorn Leghorn voice's mixed up.

"I'm not a chicken! I'm a roosta, boy!"

Monte
05-23-2007, 10:46 PM
I always get Yosemite Sam & Foghorn Leghorn voice's mixed up.

"I'm not a chicken! I'm a roosta, boy!"

LMAO!

You sir are exactly right!! I stand corrected... Carry on:)

JimN
05-23-2007, 11:17 PM
"I say, I say, there's something a little EEEAAAuuuuwwww about a boy who don't know Ol' Foghorn Leghorn from Yosemite Sam!"

"Come here, I say come here, boy! Let me teach you how to make a paper aeroplane!"

Maristar210
05-23-2007, 11:18 PM
LMAO!

You sir are exactly right!! I stand corrected... Carry on:)

Foghorn:

"that boys more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind"

Doug G
05-23-2007, 11:20 PM
I say, I say .. pay attention boy when Iz talking to ya

05-24-2007, 09:31 AM
"I say, I say, there's something a little EEEAAAuuuuwwww about a boy who don't know Ol' Foghorn Leghorn from Yosemite Sam!"

"Come here, I say come here, boy! Let me teach you how to make a paper aeroplane!"
I thought he was a chicken hawk?;) 8p

captain planet
05-24-2007, 09:37 AM

Thanks, I love the boat as well.

I don't think you can classify me as Hillybilly Buckeye. With the exception of Cincinnati, if you live south of I-70 and outside of Columbus, then your a hillbilly buckeye. ;) Just thought I ought to clarify.

thread-jack over......

As for the original point of this thread......

Hookt on fonix rilly wurkt fer mee!

ProTour X9
05-24-2007, 06:18 PM
He oughta sign up!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :uglyhamme

JimN
05-24-2007, 07:34 PM
If you really want to get back to the origin of this thread, "then your a hillbilly buckeye" should have been "then you're a hillbilly buckeye".

Yellow X9
05-24-2007, 07:42 PM

Is it just me?

Obviously needs hooked on phonix

JimN
05-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Hooked on phonics or a ball-pein hammer to the forehead.

05-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Hooked on phonics or a ball-pein hammer to the forehead.
Well, steve could accomodate them on the hammer part if he had one.....apparently he misplaced his nice brass hammer. :cool: 8p ;)

Maristar210
05-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Well, steve could accomodate them on the hammer part if he had one.....apparently he misplaced his nice brass hammer.)
RAH RAH RAH

You crack yourself up UMP :D ;) 8p

LakePirate
05-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Obviously needs hooked on phonix
I believe he has hooked on phonics

Spellchecker, that is a different story.

05-24-2007, 11:25 PM
RAH RAH RAH

You crack yourself up UMP
Thank you, Thank you, I will be here all millenium:D :D :D :cool:

captain planet
05-25-2007, 11:08 AM
If you really want to get back to the origin of this thread, "then your a hillbilly buckeye" should have been "then you're a hillbilly buckeye".
Yea, YOU'RE right. That was gooder english.8p Sorry, I thought I was in michigan for a moment. (don't hit me with the capital M crap because I NEVER capitalize the m when I refer to that place ;) )

milkmania
05-25-2007, 11:23 AM
we were at a baseball game last night....

this little 9 year old outfielder hollared out "hit me a goodun'"

I swear!:rolleyes:

05-25-2007, 12:06 PM
we were at a baseball game last night....

this little 9 year old outfielder hollared out "hit me a goodun'"

I swear!:rolleyes:
I used to hollar, MISS IT NOONAN!! MISS!!!!!