PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot International Fly High Pole ?'s

uncleboo
05-22-2007, 05:22 PM
I just picked up a BI Fly High Pole and put in on my PS190. I wakeboarded behind it this weekend and it worked well. After reading the instructions, it says not to ski, barefoot, or tube behind it. Does anyone have experience with this? Also, I have the BI boom that attaches to the pole. Is this setup safe to run or should I remove the extended pylon before putting the boom on. I want to be safe but also would like to spend more time on the water than swapping rigs between footin, slalom runs, and wakeboarding.

T Scott
05-22-2007, 05:30 PM
They also tell you not to rip that tag off your mattress, but we all do! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I have used a Fly High many time to foot long line without any problems.

jkski
05-22-2007, 05:35 PM
If your Fly High is tightened down properly, you can barefoot and wakeboard from it, however DO NOT slalom off of it. The pull that a decent slalom skier applies will make your boat tip greatly to one side, moreso than a wakeboarder, and given the speed you typically pull a slalom skier, a driver could easily lose control. With barefooting off of it, 90% of the pull comes straight back, as a footer does not tend to go very far out to the sides, even when doing wake crossings.
I have footed off of them for years without any problem.

As far as attaching your boom to the FlyHigh, you may actually find that the proper placement of your boom clamp will end up being below the point where the fly high is over the pylon. If you do not find this, I can't say that I would want to clamp my BI boom clamp over the FlyHigh pole, as I would think that you would easlity crush it, since it is fairly thin wall aluminum.
Hope this helps.

Rockman
05-22-2007, 05:36 PM
We have used our Fly High to pull 4 deep water footers and also 8 tubers...oops, did I say that. :rolleyes:

Just make sure the cables are properly adjusted and do not have any slack in them. We have had our Fly High and BFI boom for over 10 years now and no problems at all.

You can use both connected to the boat at the same time. Put a wet shammie (sp?) between the boom and the boat to prevent scratching.

Regarding slalom and placement of the boom clamp, exactly what jkski said above...

Laurel_Lake_Skier
05-22-2007, 06:23 PM
I have the BI boom and another brand of extended pylon. I run them both at the same time by using a BI height adjuster. It mounts quite low on the pylon and has a vertical bracket to which the boom connects.

No problems footing with the extended pylon.

uncleboo
05-29-2007, 01:03 PM
I think that will work perfectly for me.

87MCProstar
05-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Just like people said above, boom clamp goes right under the pylon. I have a buddy (not sharpest tool) connect another companies boom and extended pylon to each other. Someone was barefooting and fell, the force on the boom popped the extended pylon of the boats pylon and almost took someones head off.