PDA

View Full Version : Shower Question

pram
05-22-2007, 03:56 PM
I finally got to go and ski this weekend :) and use the new shower that I installed in the boat. I have a question though.

I came off of the block on the drivers side for the hot water and teed into the inlet hose after the raw water pump but before the motor water pump. I used a clear line for the hoses and I have alot of air bubbles in the cold water line. Did I tee into the wrong spot for the cold water? Or is this normal to have air in the line? I am wondering if the pump that I put in isn't big enough also. It is a 1.4 GPM FloJet pump I believe. It doesn't seem to have enough pressure at the hose end but is that because there is air in the lines?

Thanks

BrianM
05-22-2007, 04:01 PM
That is where my T is so that isn't the problem. Have you checked your raw water impeller? If it is damaged it may not be flowing the water to the engine correctly.

pram
05-22-2007, 04:42 PM
That is where my T is so that isn't the problem. Have you checked your raw water impeller? If it is damaged it may not be flowing the water to the engine correctly.

No I never pulled the cover off of the housing, but I don't have any issues with cooling. Runs at a solid 150. I actually thought that it was supposed to run hotter than that?

dmayer84
05-22-2007, 04:45 PM
No I never pulled the cover off of the housing, but I don't have any issues with cooling. Runs at a solid 150. I actually thought that it was supposed to run hotter than that?

Thought that it is supposed to run at 160 as well but mine stays constantly at 150.

BrianM
05-22-2007, 05:17 PM

I would double check the impeller just to make sure it is in good shape. Easy to do and will give you piece of mind.

Mine shows about 150 as well. From what I read the temp gauges have accuracy only to plus or minus 15 degrees. So as long as things stay at the normal baseline and do not give in abnormally high or low readings you are good.

TMCNo1
05-22-2007, 06:46 PM
I finally got to go and ski this weekend :) and use the new shower that I installed in the boat. I have a question though.

I came off of the block on the drivers side for the hot water and teed into the inlet hose after the raw water pump but before the motor water pump. I used a clear line for the hoses and I have alot of air bubbles in the cold water line. Did I tee into the wrong spot for the cold water? Or is this normal to have air in the line? I am wondering if the pump that I put in isn't big enough also. It is a 1.4 GPM FloJet pump I believe. It doesn't seem to have enough pressure at the hose end but is that because there is air in the lines?

Thanks

You haven't got it hooked up to the binding soap dispenser, have you? If you do then shower with a slimmie and save water!:D

G-man
05-23-2007, 10:50 AM
The older MC boats run a 143 degree thermostat

Leroy
05-23-2007, 12:31 PM
The only other thing I could think of is a small hole in the intake pipe somewhere allowing air to enter.

WTRSK1R
05-23-2007, 08:30 PM
My cold water connection is BEFORE the raw water pump on the lake side. It was installed by Chicago MC. I believe this is the correct location because I have seen other boats with it there as well.
:twocents:

LakePirate
05-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Shower Question..

I recommend that you take them.

pram
05-23-2007, 08:35 PM
You haven't got it hooked up to the binding soap dispenser, have you? If you do then shower with a slimmie and save water!:D

Now that sounds good if you ask me.

pram
05-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Shower Question..

I recommend that you take them.

Is that with or without a slimmie as per the guidance of No1??

LakePirate
05-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Is that with or without a slimmie as per the guidance of No1??

That depends on if you want to get clean or dirty. :D

pram
05-23-2007, 08:40 PM
My cold water connection is BEFORE the raw water pump on the lake side. It was installed by Chicago MC. I believe this is the correct location because I have seen other boats with it there as well.
:twocents:

Before the raw water pump??? Oh frickin frackin *&^%*$&%#&%*$&

Really or are you pulling my leg?? With it at this location, do you get enough water pressure with the motor on or do you only use it with the motor off?

I have thought about putting a inline reducer to decrease the flow but increase the pressure. Do you think that this would work?

BrianM
05-24-2007, 10:00 AM
It does not have to be before the raw water pump. Mine is installed between the raw water pump and the circulation pump and it works perfectly. Here is a picture.

WTRSK1R
05-27-2007, 08:54 PM
I stand corrected. After looking at Brian's picture, I went out to look at the boat, and I was WRONG. Mine is after the pump as well. Sorry for the confusion. My Y pipe for my heater return is on the input to the pump. My mistake.

Steve