PDA

View Full Version : 49 States in 8 days!

h20_skidog
05-21-2007, 12:45 PM
I just have to post what my dad and a friend of his accomplished yesterday...riding their motorcycle they visited 49 states in 8 days, 14 hours, and 14 minutes!!!!!!!!!!

What an accomplishment!!!! This ride is called the 48+ where riders attempt to obtain certification for riding to 49 States in 10 Days ride (ride to all 48 continental United States of America plus Alaska) and must adhere to the following rules:

In each State, you must ride to a city, town or community and document your visit (i.e., picture of "Welcome to State" sign is not acceptable).
Obtain a dated business receipt showing the name of city, town or community along with the STATE (this information should be pre-printed or computer generated, not hand written) and the business name. Most gasoline station receipts are acceptable.
Make a log entry showing date, time and odometer reading for each receipt.Certification comes from the Iron Butt Association (http://ironbutt.com/ridecerts/getdocument.cfm?DocID=14)("Worlds Toughest Riders").

One of their toughest times was in Chicago...hit the city at evening rush hour!
What can I say...he LOVES to ride!!!!!

pilot02
05-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Congrats to them!
Who's your dad and his friend? I'm wondering if I might know them...
I grew up in the slidell/Lacombe area and graduated from Slidell High.

jrhollow
05-21-2007, 12:51 PM
So how did they get home?

h20_skidog
05-21-2007, 12:51 PM
They both are from the Atlanta area...Slidell was just the town chosen to start this route from.

h20_skidog
05-21-2007, 12:53 PM
So how did they get home?
Ride them back home...just a more direct route! :D
Oh, and they are NOT home yet...they are staying for a week because of a motorcycle rally going on.

Monte
05-21-2007, 12:55 PM
I just have to post what my dad and a friend of his accomplished yesterday...riding their motorcycle they visited 49 states in 8 days, 14 hours, and 14 minutes!!!!!!!!!!

What an accomplishment!!!! This ride is called the 48+ where riders attempt to obtain certification for riding to 49 States in 10 Days ride (ride to all 48 continental United States of America plus Alaska) and must adhere to the following rules:

In each State, you must ride to a city, town or community and document your visit (i.e., picture of "Welcome to State" sign is not acceptable).
Obtain a dated business receipt showing the name of city, town or community along with the STATE (this information should be pre-printed or computer generated, not hand written) and the business name. Most gasoline station receipts are acceptable.
Make a log entry showing date, time and odometer reading for each receipt.Certification comes from the Iron Butt Association (http://ironbutt.com/ridecerts/getdocument.cfm?DocID=14)("Worlds Toughest Riders").

One of their toughest times was in Chicago...hit the city at evening rush hour!
What can I say...he LOVES to ride!!!!!

That's Great. What Hwy is that in NC? Looks pretty close..

h20_skidog
05-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't have the exact names of the roads/highways that they took.

TMCNo1
05-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Makes my back hurt, but congratulations!