PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Tear

dmayer84
05-21-2007, 10:07 AM
This past weekend I was out on Saturday when a storm picked up. Started heading back to the dock, probably 15-20 mph winds and I was traveling abou 15mph.. The wakeboard was clamped in the rack and just got torn out of it and bounced off of the sundeck. Now I have a small tear to repair.

Has any one used anything to repair the vinyl?

I was thinking of trying this http://www.leatherrepairkits.com/

TMCNo1
05-21-2007, 12:05 PM
This past weekend I was out on Saturday when a storm picked up. Started heading back to the dock, probably 15-20 mph winds and I was traveling abou 15mph.. The wakeboard was clamped in the rack and just got torn out of it and bounced off of the sundeck. Now I have a small tear to repair.

You have local franchises who work for new/used car dealers that repair carpet, plastic panels, cloth/vinyl/leather seats and will come to you to do it. Check the yellow pages under Automotive Repair or go to a local new/used cars dealer and ask the Used Car Manager who they use for repairs on their new/used cars.

fintek9
05-21-2007, 10:37 PM
i tried the "VLP" stuff, pinched it together with tape, held till the first
person walked over it!!!(it was right on top of back seat just left of ski pole!.......note to self.... bring in to my vinyl guy......

beatle78
06-18-2007, 05:26 PM
dmayer84,

if you have it repaired locally, can you take before and after pics for us.... pleeeeease :)

mitch
06-18-2007, 05:31 PM

I've used Dr. Vinyl, and the work they did has held up great for 3 years,

Nothing in PA, but a couple in NJ

USA
New Jersey
Rick Bale
Dr. Vinyl of Passaic County, NJ
(973) 238-9086

James Dandorf
Dr. Vinyl of Bergen and Rockland Counties, NY/NJ
(845) 492-1411

3event
06-18-2007, 05:46 PM
I had a small tear on my sunpad (1/2"), unscrewed the hinges and took it to a local repair shop (specializes in boat repair - fiberglass, vinyl, etc ). I think it was $60 or $70, but it was worth it to avoid a larger tear the next time someone stepped on it. You CAN NOT see the repair whatsoever and you should be able to expect that from a good vinyl guy.

dmayer84
06-18-2007, 09:58 PM
I still have to get this done, especially since I might be upgrading over the winter. I think I may just remove the sunpad to take it to the repair shop too. A lot easier then just towing the boat.

Lennyp04
07-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Thats some strong wind. What lake were you on because i noticed your location said Wallenpaupack PA. We have a house on Lake Wallenpaupack.

Hoosier Bob
07-02-2007, 09:46 PM
CRAZY GLUE! One small piece at a time. Put the tube in the end and hold together. Do the same thing until you have reached the other end. Crazy Glue the tear millimeter by millimeter.;)

dmayer84
07-02-2007, 10:26 PM
CRAZY GLUE! One small piece at a time. Put the tube in the end and hold together. Do the same thing until you have reached the other end. Crazy Glue the tear millimeter by millimeter.;)

How much is it for your crazy glue services, if its just beer I think we can work something out.

Hoosier Bob
07-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Just try it! Sure I will drink! Get the Crazy Glue on the outside of the tip. Slide it in at the end and hold the tear together. Work your way to the other end. Believe me it would be cheaper to hire a vinyl repair guy than to buy me beer!;)

dmayer84
07-02-2007, 10:34 PM
I'll give it a try, just not too good with patience

Hoosier Bob
07-02-2007, 10:38 PM
It is faster than you think. Use Gel and try not to glue your fingers to the seat! Less is more!

lav
07-18-2007, 05:52 PM

has anyone tried this? ihave some small areas cracking and would like to prevent them from expanding thanks for any input . Greg

Hoosier Bob
07-18-2007, 10:24 PM
You would mean anyone else right?

Oh I get it Hoosier's Drinkin' can't have anything positive to add!8p

Monte
07-18-2007, 10:32 PM
How much is it for your crazy glue services, if its just beer I think we can work something out.
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

lav
07-19-2007, 06:04 AM
You would mean anyone else right?

Oh I get it Hoosier's Drinkin' can't have anything positive to add!8p
sorry hoosier didnt mean to offend just was hoping someone had tried after you suggested and would give a little more input and maybe post couple of pics guess i will give it a try tonight