PDA

View Full Version : Lottery Winner

PendO
05-21-2007, 02:02 AM
So, it has been almost 2 months since our first car accident when someone ran a red light and caused about 15K in damage to the new car ... well, tonight a motorcyclist swung wide on a corner and this is the result ... he actually was able to walk away (pretty bruised up and cut up on his knees) ... but the guy is dam lucky he isn't paralyzed ... cops showed up and gave him a ticket (no license, no insurance ...)

PendO
05-21-2007, 02:03 AM

PendO
05-21-2007, 02:04 AM
his head/helmet took out the driver's side mirror and the bike scraped every pannel down the side ... it was getting dark or I would have taken a few more pics

kid came around the corner headed north and just drifted into our lane ... he let off the throttle and tried to brake

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=spokane,+wa&ie=UTF8&ll=47.55921,-117.388058&spn=0.004047,0.011694&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1

WAT8415
05-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Dam did you get hit again?

Farmer Ted
05-21-2007, 07:37 AM
Dang Casey,

Know a good lawyer?

Glad everyone is safe and sound....

JohnE
05-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Pendo,

Glad nobody was seriously hurt.

Roonie's
05-21-2007, 08:43 AM
I know that corner as I grew up in Spokane on the South hill. Glad everyone is O.K.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Man Pendo, that burb is cursed!:o :o maybe you should bring it to a witch doctor or sumpin?

Monte
05-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Man Pendo, that burb is cursed!:o :o maybe you should bring it to a witch doctor or sumpin?

Sell the Suburban Casey.... Not a real supersticious person, but I'd sell:o

BTW, Glad everyone is ok...

05-21-2007, 08:53 AM
BTW, I was once studying to become a witch doctor.

05-21-2007, 08:54 AM
Sell the Suburban Casey.... Not a real supersticious person, but I'd sell:o

BTW, Glad everyone is ok...
Yea Monte, that burb maybe a modern day "Christine". :eek: :(

milkmania
05-21-2007, 09:31 AM
So, it has been almost 2 months since our first car accident when someone ran a red light and caused about 15K in damage to the new car ... well, tonight a motorcyclist swung wide on a corner and this is the result ... he actually was able to walk away (pretty bruised up and cut up on his knees) ... but the guy is dam lucky he isn't paralyzed ... cops showed up and gave him a ticket (no license, no insurance ...)

glad everyone is ok....

again

betsy&david Harrison
05-21-2007, 09:35 AM
I think the Burbs name is Debbie...Debbie does motorcycles, Debbie does...., Debbie does...well you get the idea! Sell the Wh%$#!! Glad you are ok and the other guy as well. Lucky SOB

milkmania
05-21-2007, 09:39 AM
it's a sign......
http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_5944929
don't deny it!

sell that burb:eek3:

bcampbe7
05-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Dang Casey talk about some bad luck with the burb! Glad to hear everyone is OK!

I would have told the punk that he just bought a Suburban!

east tx skier
05-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Wow! Glad everyone was able to walk away.

BrianM
05-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Wow! I agree with the above. Fix it and sell it. That Burb has some bad gris gris.

KnoxX2
05-21-2007, 10:29 AM
I agree, Fix it and sell it. That thing is evil!!!!!!

sand2snow22
05-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Man, glad the you guys are OK and the motorcyclist is OK, too. If he wasn't wearing a helmet, might be a different story? What's in the water up there, this reminds me the Gonzaga Mens soccer coach has been struck by lightning twice!! Still kicking......

05-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Pendo, if you see this in your driveway, its time to sell.
http://www.hollywood-diecast.com/christine%20headlights.jpg

trickskier
05-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Glad to hear everyone is OK...............That burb is JINXED!!!

TMCNo1
05-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Wow, not again, just get rid of that Burb and get a Kia, 1 bug will total it, then it's history!

6ballsisall
05-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Wow! Casey, glad to hear everyone is ok. As said prior, fix it and sell that thing. It sounds like it's a thundercloud over your family. UMP would probably recommend you get a 3/4 ton diesel truck. ;)

JimN
05-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Ya know, if you had been paying attention, you could have opened the door.

WHAT????? I know the rest of you were thinking the same thing! You just don't want to admit it.

Glad to see that nobody was messed up too badly. He'll definitely be sore tomorrow, though.

PendO
05-21-2007, 09:12 PM
well, I met up with the kid tonight with the estimate, as he had thought that he would just pay the bill up-front ... but since he does not have 3900 bucks I will now have to use my own insurance ... after the last accident I added rental coverage to my policy ... only to find out they will compensate you up to $25 a day for a rental vehicle ... so bascially I can rent a shoebox ... guess we will see how geico underinsured/uninsured insurance works out ... the kid was walking pretty slow tonight, he was headed to his motorcycle safety class so that he can get a motorcycle endorsement on his drivers license (no chit) ... the irony is comical ... seems his buddies did him (a beginner) no favors by taking him out on some twisties and the seeing if he could keep up ... ah well, now I will have a new car with over 50% non-factory paint ...

sand2snow22
05-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Ummmm, how many branches of the stupid tree has that kid hit? He's getting real close to the ground? Pendo, what are the no insurance laws up there? I think in Oregon your license is suspended for at least 1 year if you don't have insurance.......

Monte
05-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Ummmm, how many branches of the stupid tree has that kid hit? He's getting real close to the ground? Pendo, what are the no insurance laws up there? I think in Oregon your license is suspended for at least 1 year if you don't have insurance.......

The owner of the motorcycle's ins. should have to pay the damages.. If The rider had permission to drive it.. If it was his, and he had it for under 28 days, if he is smart, and will call his auto ins co. they should pay for pendo's losses. the rider is just skrewed unless he had physical damage coverage on his other veh.

milkmania
05-22-2007, 01:11 AM
his head/helmet took out the driver's side mirror and the bike scraped every pannel down the side ... it was getting dark or I would have taken a few more pics

kid came around the corner headed north and just drifted into our lane ... he let off the throttle and tried to brake

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=spokane,+wa&ie=UTF8&ll=47.55921,-117.388058&spn=0.004047,0.011694&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1

well, there's your problem.....
the road goes through the trees8p

Ryan
05-22-2007, 12:14 PM
well, there's your problem.....
the road goes through the trees8p

LOL :D

Geez Pendo!!! Add a biker/brush guard to the front after it gets fixed...again.

05-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Wow! Casey, glad to hear everyone is ok. As said prior, fix it and sell that thing. It sounds like it's a thundercloud over your family. UMP would probably recommend you get a 3/4 ton diesel truck. ;)
You know it, I mean why get anything else??:confused:

Rich_G
05-22-2007, 12:39 PM
you said he doesn't have insurance, but he does have a somewhat damaged motorcycle. Why not take him to small-claims court, and sue for the motorcycle. It's probably worth at least $3900.

PendO
05-22-2007, 01:02 PM
thanks for the replies fellas ... my underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage is going to take care of fixing the suburban ... I have a $100 dedectible (apparently) when I use the under/un-insured part of my policy, then when the insurance company starts to collect from him I am the first to get my $100 bucks back ... guess it is just another good reason to have all sorts of coverages ... I called into Geico last night and this morning at 8:00am the adjuster was calling letting me know she would go check out the car by lunch (so kudos to the for response time) ... when it is ALL fixed I am really considering getting a new vehicle, but I have to settle the diminished value claim from the first accident still:)

Roonie's
05-22-2007, 01:23 PM
The owner of the motorcycle's ins. should have to pay the damages.. If The rider had permission to drive it.. If it was his, and he had it for under 28 days, if he is smart, and will call his auto ins co. they should pay for pendo's losses. the rider is just skrewed unless he had physical damage coverage on his other veh.

Yep...... a good friend Bryan had another aquaintance drive their car home from their wedding. The aquaintance got in a wreck and totalled the leased car. Guess who payed for it.........Bryan's insurance not the aquaintance driving it home as a favor for them or the drivers insurance. Car insurance is for the vehicle regardless who is driving it.

Monte
05-22-2007, 01:45 PM
thanks for the replies fellas ... my underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage is going to take care of fixing the suburban ... I have a $100 dedectible (apparently) when I use the under/un-insured part of my policy, then when the insurance company starts to collect from him I am the first to get my $100 bucks back ... guess it is just another good reason to have all sorts of coverages ... I called into Geico last night and this morning at 8:00am the adjuster was calling letting me know she would go check out the car by lunch (so kudos to the for response time) ... when it is ALL fixed I am really considering getting a new vehicle, but I have to settle the diminished value claim from the first accident still:)

Did you ask for that $$$ during the claim process, I forget. If you haven't you should be able to go back and ask for it.

sand2snow22
05-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Pendo, the way your luck is going, you might as well add an Umbrella policy this time, cheap for a lot of insurance.....

Doug G
05-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Dayummm Pendo, Glad everyone is ok again. If you settle the diminished value and won't loose your shirt I would get rid of that truck.

JimN
05-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Unless you want to have it looking like the Michelin Truck, you might want to get a cow-catcher on that thing.

Leroy
05-22-2007, 08:45 PM
This is a string of bad luck Pendo. Glad everyone is ok.

I can see it: For sale, like new burb, only wrecked twice :mad: