PDA

View Full Version : Dash removal on a 93 pro Star?

justinglow
05-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I need to replace some of the bulbs in my guages. Anybody ever taken the dash apart on a 93 pro star? If so where do I start?

boyd
05-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Justinglow,
I'm waiting for the answer on this one. I've put off putting in my depth guage because I don't know how to get into the dash. Mine is enclosed underneath, it seems to have no access to guages etc....
I want to remount my hour guage somewhere underneath, out of sight,
and put my depth guage in that slot. I can't find a power/circuit board to plug into.
Can anyone help?
BOYD

boyd
05-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Justinglow,
I'm waiting for the answer on this one. I've put off putting in my depth guage because I don't know how to get into the dash. Mine is enclosed underneath, it seems to have no access to guages etc....
I want to remount my hour guage somewhere underneath, out of sight,
and put my depth guage in that slot. I can't find a power/circuit board to plug into.
Can anyone help?
BOYD

theDano
05-20-2007, 08:03 AM
there are about 6-8 screws all around the front face of the dash that when finished removing screws you are able to remove the inner-front face of the dash. All the guages are attached to this front face and then you will be able to access all the guages from there.

Boyd....I too am installing a depth sounder. I opted to putting the guage below on the left kick panel. I bought a "pod" for the guage and will be mounting it down there soon. I will have pics to show when done.

JohnnyB
05-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Here's a pic of the dash from my 92PS.

I mounted the depth guage in the hour meter socket and moved the hour meter to a guage holder mouted to the edge of the instrumentation panel (lower RH corner).

I can't recall if it is the same or different than the 93. However, there are screws around the perimeter to remove (five?) plus two underneath the center panel (cigarette lighter socket) which is velco'd in place. For the five around the perimeter...1 to the lower left of the key switch, 1 to the lower right of the volt meter, 2 - 1 above each speedo under the lip of the dash, 1 above the tach under the lip of the dash....

JohnnyB
05-20-2007, 11:17 AM
This pic shows it better. You can see the heads of all the screws except the two underneath the center panel...

G-man
05-20-2007, 11:23 AM
93 is the same as a 92, after you take out the screws you can lay forward the guages and you'll see sockets for the lights. don't unscrew the 2 screws around the acc plug and dont overtighten the dash when you put it back together. The screw inserts strip out of the now brittle plastic from age very easlily.

boyd
05-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Here's my 91 prostar. Looks like the same concept but mine is broken up into smaller areas of the dash to come out. I think I'll just mount my hour gauge under the dash out of site. I think if I put it under the edge of the dash I'd hit my knee on it about 100x the first week.

Thanks guys.
BOYD
*can't get the pic. to come up.

theDano
05-26-2007, 01:28 PM
I bought a fairly decent looking housing for my humminbird depthsounder. Found here --> http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/index.asp?pageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=302

The shipping was a rip off but I got it all for ~ $19.

Below is a pic where I installed it located on the left kick panel wall below the dash....