PDA

View Full Version : Airguide spedo troubles

R Dreikorn
05-18-2007, 06:49 PM
I am new to the forum but gess this has been covered befor. My 91 Maristar has Airguide spedos. I need troubleshooting instructions. One hasnt worked in a year the other left me last weekend. Any help is appreciated

Jim@BAWS
05-18-2007, 07:09 PM
It is clogged

Take the BLACK speedo line off the P/U on the back of the boat. BLow out the p/u from the BOAT SIDE to clear it out
DO NOT BLOW AIR up the line. you will blow the diaphram out on the speedo head and be left with nothing.

You can blow in the line with your mouth. It should registrar about
7-8 MPH...someone needs to watch.

Other than that you can disconnect the speedo line at the speedo
head and blow out the line. IT maybe crimmed or have fallen off

Hope this helps

Jim@BAWS

east tx skier
05-18-2007, 07:48 PM
It is clogged

Take the BLACK speedo line off the P/U on the back of the boat. Blow out the p/u from the BOAT SIDE to clear it out
DO NOT BLOW AIR up the line. you will blow the diaphram out on the speedo head and be left with nothing.

You can blow in the line with your mouth. It should registrar about
7-8 MPH...someone needs to watch.

Other than that you can disconnect the speedo line at the speedo
head and blow out the line. IT maybe crimmed or have fallen off

Hope this helps

Jim@BAWS

Get some replacement pitot tubes and you'll never have to worry about clogs (or at least I haven't). They're about $13 each. For Jim's peace of mind (and because it's the only self respecting thing to do of course :)), check with your local dealer or any of the fine dealers on here. Assuming they don't carry this aftermarket part, www.skidim.com has it.

You'll have to drill holes in the new pitot to make it match up with your existing holes on your boat. Fill the holes in the boat with 3M marine sealant, then reset the screws. Hook up the air line and you're done. Takes about 5 minutes per side max.

Had mine for over a year and never had to unclog it since day 1.