PDA

View Full Version : The insanity of this...

herringtech
05-18-2007, 04:43 PM
These two idiots could have just gone to jail for burglary and probably been out in 30 days. But now they are going up for Murder. This happened right by my house. We use 575 South all the time.

I guess I am happy they will be off the street for a while, but a woman had to die. When will people learn it doesn't pay to run? They are lucky it didn't turn into suicide by cop. The cops around here don't think twice before double tapping people who run. Especially after a long high speed chase, and I thank them for it too.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=97238

Two suspected burglars have been charged with felony murder for a police chase that ended when they rammed a car and killed a 63-year-old woman.

The accident investigation closed down I-575 southbound near Bells Ferry Road for hours on Thursday. The two suspects, John Williams, 30, and Amos Westmoreland, 29, ran from their wrecked vehicle and were apprehended nearby by police.

Police said Williams and Westmoreland burglarized a home on Fern Valley Road, stealing a big screen which they strapped to the back of their station wagon. Neighbors called police to report the burglary and officers spotted the suspect vehicle on I-575 northbound. When the driver refused to stop, a chase ensued.

At some point, police said, the driver of the station wagon crossed the grassy median, apparently attempting to enter the southbound lanes of traffic and elude officers. Instead, the station wagon struck a 2005 Buick Lacrosse, forcing it to roll several times. The driver, Barbara Robbins, was killed. Three other adults in the vehicle were injured, one of them seriously, but a 2-year-old girl was not hurt.

In addition to felony murder, Williams and Westmoreland have been charged with attempting to elude, burglary, theft by receiving, and aggravated assault against a police officer. They are beind held in the Cobb County Adult Detention Center and are scheduled to have their first appearance before a judge at 8 p.m. Friday.