PDA

View Full Version : Computer Error Message

Datdude
05-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Every hour or so I get an error message on my computer that reads "cannot find file swflash.ocx" with an OK button below it. I click ok and it goes away. My computer seems to be running normal, except it is really annoying to continually get this message. Nothing has been done to the computer (add/delete programs, etc.). What the heck?:confused:

Thanks for any help

Leroy
05-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Google "cannot find file swflash.ocx" Did you just delete or install Macromedia shockwave?

Probably either delete a key in Regedit, clean out your cookies, or check your start up programs.

http://www.screentime.com/faqs/ScreenTime_F/technote202.html

Datdude
05-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the link!

The only problem is that I am not using a screen saver. After a period of inactivity, my monitor goes black. I have not installed the flash player they discussed. I believe it was already in my computer? Thanks again

No Skeez
05-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Sorry Chad, my Mac has never shown that error message... Or any other for that matter! :D How's the boat search coming?

Datdude
05-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Sorry Chad, my Mac has never shown that error message... Or any other for that matter! :D How's the boat search coming?

The boat search is non-existent right now. Work is keeping me too busy. Got anything interesting?

JimN
05-19-2007, 05:01 PM
If you have Spy-Bot or AdAware, you should do a scan and remove any tracking cookies, bots or anything like that.