PDA

View Full Version : why mastercraft?

fintek9
05-18-2007, 12:00 AM
ok tell us, why did you get one? wana here it. malibu's dominate this area, myself, rode behind alot of makes, wanted them all, until the day i rode behind a friend of a friends mastercraft, i knew at that moment my fourwinds with the skylon, laundry baskets full of bricks was hiissttoorryy... 3 yrs ago my
oldest son mitch, he came down with cancer, told him when he got out of this hospital i was going to get that mastercraft and we were going to rip it up!!! he made it 6 months, just turned 17, buryed him july 18th,
well, 4 weeks later i went out and bought best cause i lost the best!!
i got my "mitchcraft" for my family to enjoy and try to take the pain
away, tell you one thing, riding down my lake, being the only mastercraft, eye's are on my X-STAR, damb straight...

tex
05-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Very sorry about the loss! You know why we all own a Mastercraft!

milkmania
05-18-2007, 12:17 AM
ok tell us, why did you get one? wana here it. malibu's dominate this area, myself, rode behind alot of makes, wanted them all, until the day i rode behind a friend of a friends mastercraft, i knew at that moment my fourwinds with the skylon, laundry baskets full of bricks was hiissttoorryy... 3 yrs ago my
oldest son mitch, he came down with cancer, told him when he got out of this hospital i was going to get that mastercraft and we were going to rip it up!!! he made it 6 months, just turned 17, buryed him july 18th,
well, 4 weeks later i went out and bought best cause i lost the best!!
i got my "mitchcraft" for my family to enjoy and try to take the pain
away, tell you one thing, riding down my lake, being the only mastercraft, eye's are on my X-STAR, damb straight...

glad you're here:)

fintek9
05-18-2007, 12:23 AM
thanks tex, did'nt by no means to be a boomer, sitin with a beer and thinkin, went for a ride this evening, waiting for my manhood to drop
back down, up here in michigan we got frost warnings tonight, ***...

fintek9
05-18-2007, 12:24 AM
and you to milkman

tex
05-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Milk said it best! Where you at in Michigan?

fintek9
05-18-2007, 12:26 AM
portage, southern mich

tex
05-18-2007, 12:40 AM
I spent a summer skiing at Boblo Island back in the day.

fintek9
05-18-2007, 12:45 AM
i have'nt been there in years, as a kid, gotta bring my kids, so they can say " back in the days" were you at know?

fintek9
05-18-2007, 12:46 AM
........now...

PaulW
05-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi,
Sorry for your loss, I have a 19-year-old son and can't imagine.
Glad you decided to get an XStar. We just picked one up this year, and just love the boat.
I don't think that your to far from us, we should get together to do some boating some time. We live up in the North West side of Chicago area, and ride on the Fox Chain of Lakes. We should get the Xstars together and tear up the lakes.
They just look to cool.
Paul

fintek9
05-18-2007, 10:30 AM
that could be a plan some day, we like hitting defferent lakes, chicago's about 2 hours, traved farther then that to ride before!!

Rockman
05-18-2007, 01:10 PM
that could be a plan some day, we like hitting defferent lakes, chicago's about 2 hours, traved farther then that to ride before!!

Welcome to the board. :toast:

I am in the SW burbs of Chicago. There are many people on the TMC Board in the Chicago area so don't be shy about letting people know you may be in the area and want to go out for a pull or two.

Congrats on the X-Star!

herringtech
05-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Welcome fintec9, so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine. What a great idea though to buy the MC, what a tribute and a wonderful way to remember him every time you are out.

fintek9
05-18-2007, 01:28 PM
thanks all, keep it in mind, proud to be in family...

JKTX21
05-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Sorry to hear as well. One of my ski buddies (my age) started chemo this week, so it's always on my mind.

I own a MasterCraft because of all of the other MasterCraft owners... and they build a pretty good boat. I'm just another a**hole with a MC!

KnoxX2
05-18-2007, 02:05 PM
If you ever get a chance to visit the MC Factory you will truly understand why I went MC.

ProTour X9
05-18-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm also sorry about your loss:(

I got an MC because back in the slalom days they were the best and the only, and once you have one, you can't get something different or you get some people that just well...............

Where in MI are you i'm north of grand rapids.

fintek9
05-18-2007, 04:15 PM
just south of kazoo...portage area

Matt L.
05-18-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm truly sorry for your loss! My oldest boy (9) is named Mitch. Great name!

My family’s experiences.

Why MC. 1989 Tristar 190. Awesome boat, but too small once the kids came along. Bought in 1994, sold in 1999 for a profit. In-laws-boat, brother in law sold it and bought a 1999 Malibu Wakesetter.

The Malibu was an okay boat with very soft damage prone interior. It was a constantly having small problems.

Feb 2001 I bought a 1990 MC 240SC. Refurbished the Gel coat myself, and I still get asked "what model is your NEW Mastercraft?" I relish telling them it is 17 years old and has most of its original interior. No sacks and it throws a bigger wake than the wakesetter.

2003 B-in-law sells the Malibu and buys an X-30. Way better boat than the Malibu.

I've never seen a 17 year old Malibu look as good as my 17 year old MC.

There are a lot of people on this board that have had their MCs for as long if not longer than I. I'm guessing you will be in that category with your purchase. MC is the boat to buy if you want to own it forever IMHO.

Later,

Matt

WTRSK1R
05-18-2007, 06:28 PM
So sorry for your loss.

I skied behind a variety of I/O's and outboards before ever skiing behind a MC. My brother-in law lives in Gaylord, MI and has had a MC for over 20 years. The first time he pulled me with his boat, I knew I would never be happy with anything other then a true ski boat. I bought my first MC in '92, kept it for 14 years, and last year I upgraded to a 2004 197. When I still had my MC it was always funny when people would come up to me at the dock and ask how old the boat was. They would always be shocked at its age because it held up so well. MC makes a quality boat, and I am very happy with both of them I have owned.

Steve

fintek9
05-18-2007, 09:28 PM
i tend to agree, my boats in great shape, do all the preventive goods to it on a regular basis and it's good to go, iI think i'll keep it...

your all great people, i did good going MC...

thanks much,

Tim

JohnE
05-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Tim, your story is very moving and so sorry for your family's loss.

I'm almost embarassed to say that when we bought our forst mc 4 years ago ('89 190) we were just looking for a good mc or cc or bu. After the 190 we wanted an open bow, so we looked and found an '88 tristar. After joining the forum and learning so much along with realizing the quality of the 2 mc's we'd owned, we will always own MC. We just bought an '05 197.

I'm hoping the factory this fall, as Knox X2 suggests.

93ProStar205
05-19-2007, 09:02 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss - my wife just had a 1MM melanoma removed yesterday after a random trip to the dermatologist. The "what-if?" scenarios have scared the hell out of us.

I am on Mastercraft #3 right now. 1987 190, 1993 205, and now 1997 205 LT-1. Spent summers in college working for a dealer right around the time the higher end boats started going EFI. We had Cobalts w/MPI Volvo drives come back that would not start, fried computers, bad fuel pumps and so on. Supras were an even bigger nightmare - throttle bodies froze up, computer issues and more right from the factory. However, we moved a ton of MCs and NOT ONE came back with a single EFI issue. Combine that with solid technology in the hulls, excellent wake, unbeatable looks and no #$%# wood anywhere to be found and I swore I would not buy anything else - I have yet to be disappointed.

SkiDog
05-19-2007, 09:09 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss - my wife just had a 1MM melanoma removed yesterday after a random trip to the dermatologist. The "what-if?" scenarios have scared the hell out of us.

I am on Mastercraft #3 right now. 1987 190, 1993 205, and now 1997 205 LT-1. Spent summers in college working for a dealer right around the time the higher end boats started going EFI. We had Cobalts w/MPI Volvo drives come back that would not start, fried computers, bad fuel pumps and so on. Supras were an even bigger nightmare - throttle bodies froze up, computer issues and more right from the factory. However, we moved a ton of MCs and NOT ONE came back with a single EFI issue. Combine that with solid technology in the hulls, excellent wake, unbeatable looks and no #$%# wood anywhere to be found and I swore I would not buy anything else - I have yet to be disappointed.

Nice to have you on board brutha! Hope everything works out with the wife! I lost both parents to freaking cancer!:(

shepherd
05-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Why Mastercraft?

There might be one or two brands as good as MC, but none are better. Plus, the comradery of MC owners and the excellent service and support we get from MC and its dealers (like MYMC, Jim@BAWS, Erk) - with a few exceptions of course - will keep me as a loyal customer. I don't know if any of the other brands have such a support network... I never bothered to check.

Besides, Mastercraft makes some quality, drop dead sexy, boats. :love:

fintek9
05-19-2007, 12:55 PM
I gotta tell ya the "what if's" are scary. think positive! i pray for you...
for the no wood in the mc boats was the one big selling point for me!!!!

93ProStar205
05-20-2007, 07:20 AM
Fellas - thanks for the well wishes and the welcome to the board. Love this place!

BIGBADBLUE
05-20-2007, 08:52 AM
I am sorry for your loss ... hard to imagine losing a son and I hope that we can all be as strong as you sound. Peace.

I am originally from the Saginaw area. Ya gotta love those Michigan Summers ... nothing better.

fintek9
05-20-2007, 04:25 PM
I am sorry for your loss ... hard to imagine losing a son and I hope that we can all be as strong as you sound. Peace.

I am originally from the Saginaw area. Ya gotta love those Michigan Summers ... nothing better.
thanks BBB, you gotta keep going on. he used to say " life's a b.... then you go huntin. but right now it boating time..... good to see the
blue and maze logo, love it.... GOBLUE

Roonie's
05-20-2007, 04:58 PM
I am new to the MC family. I have been skiing behind I/O's since 1985 when I first learned to slalom at 12 years of age. Our neighbors at the lake always had MC's or Supra's and I skied behind them several times and loved it. Our I/O was always under powered (a 165 engine) and difficult to work with. I am finally able to afford one on my own and so glad I am choosing MC. Currently buying an 07 X2. I chose it because of the fit and finish, looks, and customer service. No other boat compared and I test drove them all.

BIGBADBLUE
05-20-2007, 05:03 PM
thanks BBB, you gotta keep going on. he used to say " life's a b.... then you go huntin. but right now it boating time..... good to see the
blue and maze logo, love it.... GOBLUE

Go Blue. Keep the faith FT9 ...