PDA

View Full Version : RGC Boat Lift?

MinnX-10
05-17-2007, 11:24 PM
We are putting a new dock and lift in and are looking at this lift. The 7000# Vertical lift model. Does anyone have any experience with this model, good or bad? I did a quick search of the forum and didn't see any discussions relating to this model? Thanks!

Rockman
05-18-2007, 09:51 AM
We are putting a new dock and lift in and are looking at this lift. The 7000# Vertical lift model. Does anyone have any experience with this model, good or bad? I did a quick search of the forum and didn't see any discussions relating to this model? Thanks!

Are you referring to an R&G lift? I think you may be referring to the company out of NY.

http://www.rgcproducts.com/marine/index.html

We have an R&G lift in Central Wisconsin. It is awesome.

PM me any questions, etc.

bigmac
05-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Do price Pier Pleasure and Floe lifts too...both are made in Minnesota and are extremely high-quality lifts with excellent customer service. You may get a lower price due to lower shipping charges.

I know nothing about R&G lifts - they may be great - but I've had a Pier Pleasure for 10 years and it's been exceptional. Floe lift are also good, with some innovative features, but they are spendy and PP looks to be a lot more bang-for-buck IMHO. Furthermore IIRC, Floe only has a full frame warranty for 10 years, compared to the 20 years on the Pier Pleasure (15 years on the R&G).

Datdude
05-18-2007, 11:01 AM
We used to sell Reimann and Georger (R&G, RGC, etc.) and they seemed to be good products. I sold my parents a leftover 5000lb Hydraulic lift we had when we stopped selling their products and it is working well after 4 years in the lake. It is a HEAVY lift though (700+lbs?)

We are a Floe dealer and they make great products with some innovative features like screwjack leveling legs, etc. One question I have is why you are looking at a 7000lb lift for an X-10. That is almost twice as much lift as you need.

MinnX-10
05-18-2007, 11:51 AM
We are a Floe dealer and they make great products with some innovative features like screwjack leveling legs, etc. One question I have is why you are looking at a 7000lb lift for an X-10. That is almost twice as much lift as you need.

Most likely moving up in the next few years to something larger... the family is growing... My guess is with resale values on lifts around here and then buying a new lift, this is the better path...

But, based on your comment, you don't feel that we would be pushing the upper limit on the 5000 lb. lift?

Datdude
05-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Most likely moving up in the next few years to something larger... the family is growing... My guess is with resale values on lifts around here and then buying a new lift, this is the better path...

But, based on your comment, you don't feel that we would be pushing the upper limit on the 5000 lb. lift?

In the MC brochure I have it lists the weight of an X-10 at 3075. It looks like you have a larger motor, and even with a full tank of fuel you should still be in the 35-3600lb range by my estimates. I would suggest buying a lift to fit whatever type of boat you see yourself owning in the next 10 years. That way you do not have to go through this again.

Is the RGC 7000lb new or used?

The other concern with such a large boat lift is seasonally handling it(in/out). The shipping weight on a 7000lb RGC with no canopy is listed at 880lbs(in our 2002 dealer manual). A 4000lb Floe lift is going to weigh about 550lbs WITH a canopy. If you are paying someone to put in the lift make sure they are aware of how heavy it is. The marina that services my parents lift (755lbs-no canopy) almost stopped because it is too heavy for their guys to handle. It took a little sweet talking and some more $$ to get them to continue. Something to consider

MinnX-10
05-18-2007, 01:30 PM
In the MC brochure I have it lists the weight of an X-10 at 3075. It looks like you have a larger motor, and even with a full tank of fuel you should still be in the 35-3600lb range by my estimates. I would suggest buying a lift to fit whatever type of boat you see yourself owning in the next 10 years. That way you do not have to go through this again.

Is the RGC 7000lb new or used?

The other concern with such a large boat lift is seasonally handling it(in/out). The shipping weight on a 7000lb RGC with no canopy is listed at 880lbs(in our 2002 dealer manual). A 4000lb Floe lift is going to weigh about 550lbs WITH a canopy. If you are paying someone to put in the lift make sure they are aware of how heavy it is. The marina that services my parents lift (755lbs-no canopy) almost stopped because it is too heavy for their guys to handle. It took a little sweet talking and some more $$ to get them to continue. Something to consider

Thank you sooo much for the comments.. It is a new unit and it is from a dealer that will be pulling it in the fall and it is the only lift that he deals with. we have a rather easy shore, but they do most of their work from a barge...

The price difference between the 7k and 5k is only about $1100 (new) and that is with only 2 bunks on the 5k lbs unit...

If it weren't for the fact that we are thinking of moving up, this would be a much easier decision...

Thanks again for the feedback.

Datdude
05-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Thank you sooo much for the comments

No problem!

Have you already bought the lift?

PM at you!

c640947
05-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Sunstream also makes hydraulic lifts and you may want to compare to those. I have one and it rocks. Remote controlled, up and down in 15 seconds. Its awesome. My dad sells them. They are pretty easy to set up yourself. http://www.tigerboatdocks.com/lifth.htm

237sparky
05-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Minn-x10

I can tell you about this lift. Believe it or not I have this lift for sale. It is brand new!!! I am selling it for $8000. The shipping weight is 862 pounds. I believe and can check if that includes the canopy weight and all the supports for the canopy. Thery are still banded together. It is missing a few parts. It was assembled and taken apart by our local Sheriff's Dept. This is how the pieces came up missing. PM me if your interested. I have the remote control and canopy. RGC is located about 12 miles from my house. I can get the missing parts but need to assemble the lift to find out what is missing or do and inventory of the parts lists. The lift is located outside Buffalo, NY

BoatLiftsIntl
08-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Buying a larger boat lift than your currently have is a great idea and looking 10 years ahead it very smart. Boats are only getting larger and therefore a larger lift is always going to carry more resale value. When looking at lift brands there is much to look at in means of how they are built. Never buy a lift because it is "light". The more product, "metal" in a lift the better the lift is built. Look for what the cylinders are built of, does the lift have bushings, what gauge metel, ect. If you have the time take a look at www.boatliftsintl.com and the Q&A page on the site. It will help you make informed choices on buying the lift that is just right for you. No matter what lift you buy, know that shipping is a one time add-on and is not reflected in the retail or sale price of the lift.
Feel free to shoot me questions. Mention this site if your message to me and received discounted lift products.

Cheers,

Jeff

BoatLiftsIntl
08-17-2009, 12:46 PM
The VL7000 is a great product with many options to power the lift. If you don't have the AC at your dock you can run it DC power with solar panel and remote control. The lift will function in water levels as little as 12" and with a range of up to 68". Easy to assymble and very easy to use offering every option from guides, bunk systems and canopy that a guy could want.
Great company to buy from standing behind there lifts with an amazing warranty and customer service.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Jeff
www.boatliftsintl.com