PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Inhalation

6ballsisall
05-17-2007, 10:15 PM
For those in the South East, especially Southern GA and Atlanta how have you done with all the smoke from the fires??? My throat is dry as a bone and my nose is clogged! This crap is miserable!!

Monte
05-17-2007, 10:18 PM
For those in the South East, especially Southern GA and Atlanta how have you done with all the smoke from the fires??? My throat is dry as a bone and my nose is clogged! This crap is miserable!!

Believe it or not, we even got some here yesterday. I thought one of my neighbors' houses was on fire or something when I steped out for work.. Pretty thick stuff..:(

6ballsisall
05-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Believe it or not, we even got some here yesterday. I thought one of my neighbors' houses was on fire or something when I steped out for work.. Pretty thick stuff..:(

Thats what I read this morning! It's bad news. I flew out of Hartsfield on Tuesday and back in on Wednesday and was awestruck by how brown the sky was. It was very eery flying thru it!

LakePirate
05-17-2007, 11:00 PM
I have had jokes for days about this....but I could smell it yesterday morning. My brother says that you can't see 100 feet in front of yourself in Macon.

6ballsisall
05-17-2007, 11:02 PM
I have had jokes for days about this....but I could smell it yesterday morning. My brother says that you can't see 100 feet in front of yourself in Macon.

Is it bothering you any? My throat feels like the sahara desert!!! :(

LakePirate
05-17-2007, 11:04 PM
I have been a bit stuffed up. Caddied yesterday at the ATT Classic so I was outside all day and it probably had some effect.

6ballsisall
05-17-2007, 11:16 PM
I have been a bit stuffed up. Caddied yesterday at the ATT Classic so I was outside all day and it probably had some effect.

That had to have been fun! WHo'd you caddy for???

LakePirate
05-17-2007, 11:19 PM
some schlep .

6ballsisall
05-17-2007, 11:20 PM
some schlep .

did the schlep tip well??? :D :confused:

LakePirate
05-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Nah...wasn't that type of deal

I wouldn't have taken anything from him had he offered.

Simply paying it foward.

6ballsisall
05-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Nah...wasn't that type of deal

I wouldn't have taken anything from him had he offered.

Simply paying it foward.

It got you out of the office though right? :D

betsy&david Harrison
05-17-2007, 11:37 PM
We on the west coast can sympathize with ya'll with the smoke issues. It is going to be another bad brush fire year here for us since our rain fall levels have been so low and the temps high, dry and our infamous Santa Ana winds blowing. Not much you can do except stay indoors like we do.

TMCNo1
05-18-2007, 07:39 AM
We had some of the smoke all the way up here in central NC and the air was blue and you could really smell it.
We have had little rain here and there is a burning ban in effect and yesterday my next door neighbor started a fire in a clearing in the woods behind our houses to burn wood scraps, tree trimmings and brush then walked away, left and went somewhere with no one at home and let it smolder for about 2 hours till I called the Fire Department and they came and made him put it out right after he returned home. He didn't even have a water hose available. Sometimes the flames will be 20 to 30 feet tall. He is a self employed Electrician and usually on weekends, burns the plastic insulation off scrap wire to sell the copper for scrap. Smells aweful, stinks all night long and they will catch him some day and give him a $5,000 fine, I guarantee it! Yea, he's a jerk!

Farmer Ted
05-18-2007, 08:49 AM
get some saline solution and drink lots of water?

I imagine the humidity is low as well?

Do you have allergies? The smoke may be making them worse, Flonase, Nasonex, Crack, they all have their benefits.....

Workin' 4 Toys
05-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Jeff, I may be stating the obvious here, the solution to your problem.........MOVE........8p

Workin' 4 Toys
05-18-2007, 09:10 AM
We on the west coast can sympathize with ya'll with the smoke issues. It is going to be another bad brush fire year here for us since our rain fall levels have been so low and the temps high, dry and our infamous Santa Ana winds blowing. Not much you can do except stay indoors like we do.
And here I thought the Governator had ALL of your cali folks on the payroll saying how beautiful it always is in Cali. trying to get people to visit and then leave. Note to self: Visit Calif., stay indoors, got it...8p

6ballsisall
05-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Jeff, I may be stating the obvious here, the solution to your problem.........MOVE........8p

No dice brutha!! I just took a bath on my last home (Indiana house sold) I can't do that twice!!! Other than this crazy fire (and traffic :rolleyes: ) we LOVE Atlanta

Monte
05-18-2007, 09:28 AM
(and traffic :rolleyes: )

You got that right!
headed your way this weekend for the PWT.. Are you going? I think tickets are $10??
Is the smoke gone yet?

trickskier
05-18-2007, 09:35 AM
It's BAD in Jacksonville. Here's a shot from a live traffic cam. That's SMOKE not fog!!!

Monte
05-18-2007, 09:39 AM
It's BAD in Jacksonville. Here's a shot from a live traffic cam. That's SMOKE not fog!!!

That's close to what it looked like here Wed. Looks like you need a gas mask:( Stay safe, and indoors..

trickskier
05-18-2007, 09:44 AM
That's close to what it looked like here Wed. Looks like you need a gas mask:( Stay safe, and indoors..
It's been that way for weeks here........Over 200,000 acres burned between S.Ga & N.FL.

Workin' 4 Toys
05-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Hmmmmm.....That pic looks like here....Except all the time, they call it SMOG...:o

Monte
05-18-2007, 09:49 AM
It's been that way for weeks here........Over 200,000 acres burned between S.Ga & N.FL.

You folks just can't catch a break.. If it's not the wind.. It's rain.. If it's not rain... it's.. Fire??

No wonder we have so many halfbacks coming to NC.. (Moved to FL from the N. to get away from the cold, then move here to get out of the wind)

Again stay safe...

JimN
05-18-2007, 10:23 AM
I'd be putting a respirator/dust mask on ASAP. A good one, too- none of the cheap ones.

trickskier
05-18-2007, 10:36 AM
I'd be putting a respirator/dust mask on ASAP. A good one, too- none of the cheap ones.
It's pretty bad down here...........You smell like you've been at a Bar-B-Q by the end of the day!!!

east tx skier
05-18-2007, 11:12 AM

In about 1999 or 2000, we had a lot of this in Houston from the fires in Mexico. Running outdoors was on par with smoking a pack or two. Really miserable.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-18-2007, 11:59 AM
TRU DAT! depending on what your dealing with, you need the correct respirator. The ones I love is when someone is using chemicals, and they put a dust mask on expecting it to be effective:rolleyes: a good 3M organic resirator is your friend. :) I use one all the time when I am around chemicals, painting, degreasing, etc...

Maristar210
05-18-2007, 01:07 PM
A hurricane should arrive soon to put out those pesky fires :D

Gators? Fires? Hurricanes? Trickskier?

Sounds like four good reasons to stay in Michigan :D

Just kidding guys I hope some rain comes soon, gentle steady rain that is.

JimN
05-18-2007, 06:41 PM
I was in PHX in 2002 before and after a Grand Canyon rafting trip while the Show-Lo/Chedesky fires were burning and I saw the smoke from PHX, drove through it and could still smell it in Oklahoma City.

SkiDog
05-18-2007, 09:32 PM
This is what I woke up to yesterday morning!

SkiDog
05-18-2007, 09:33 PM
one more...

trickskier
05-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey Dog,
This pic kinda reminds me of the table we sat at Thursday night at T-Bones....................;)

6ballsisall
05-18-2007, 11:15 PM
I have burned thru a bottle of that OTC nasal spray in about 3 days!!!!!!
This crap needs to change soon!!! :(

trickskier
05-18-2007, 11:18 PM
I have burned thru a bottle of that OTC nasal spray in about 3 days!!!!!!
This crap needs to change soon!!! :(
It's BAD here too!!!

6ballsisall
05-18-2007, 11:20 PM
It's BAD here too!!!

I could tell!!! Pray for some nice gentle rains for 4 days straight for the fire areas.........

Monte
05-18-2007, 11:21 PM
I could tell!!! Pray for some nice gentle rains for 4 days straight for the fire areas.........

Just hold it off in ATL for one more day.. Is it really that bad in Atl???:confused:

6ballsisall
05-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Just hold it off in ATL for one more day.. Is it really that bad in Atl???:confused:
yep........ saw an article in the AJC yesterday that peeps are getting admitted to the hospital because of the particulate count. I don't think its as bad as the pics posted above though.

Monte
05-18-2007, 11:28 PM
yep........ saw an article in the AJC yesterday that peeps are getting admitted to the hospital because of the particulate count. I don't think its as bad as the pics posted above though.
Regardless were on the way in the morning for the tt PWT.

trickskier
05-18-2007, 11:34 PM
We actually had some good rain in the Jax area last night.........Unfortunately they did not make it to Columbia County where the wildfires are..............:o

Monte
05-18-2007, 11:38 PM
We actually had some good rain in the Jax area last night.........Unfortunately they did not make it to Columbia County where the wildfires are..............:o

I hate ya'll are going through all that.. I didn't like it, and we only had it one day!:(

trickskier
05-18-2007, 11:46 PM
I hate ya'll are going through all that.. I didn't like it, and we only had it one day!:(
This hasn't been as bad as 1998 when they shut down I-95

TMCNo1
05-19-2007, 07:30 AM
This hasn't been as bad as 1998 when they shut down I-95

How did they keep all the "Snow Birds" in FL who were trying to go North to cool off!:rolleyes: ;) :D

SkiDog
05-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Hey Dog,
This pic kinda reminds me of the table we sat at Thursday night at T-Bones....................;)
YOU GOTS THAT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D LMAO!