PDA

View Full Version : Tower Mirror for Zero Flex \ New Dimensions Tower

beatle78
05-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a tower mirror to put on my new dimsnesion tower on my 2001 205V.

I quickly looked at the monster mirror arm that's on my BU and I don't think it will look as good as I like.

What do you all you zero flex \ new dimension tower guys use???

What did MC put on the zeroflex towers?

thanks,
beatle78

dsoby
05-17-2007, 10:56 AM
The OEM mirror arm is very expensive. The newer OEM ones also come apart so that (depending on where you have it mounted) you can fold the tower without having to take it off. Wakeside.com has a good selection. I went with the Skylon arm with the ballmount option. This option mates nicely with the Cipa extreme mirror. I have been impressed with the quality of the Skylon and recommend it. You can also fold the tower without removing the arm if you mount it on the tower slightly forward of the hinge.

beatle78
05-17-2007, 09:06 PM
is it the Skylon Extreme?

http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/wakeboard_tower_mirrors/skylon_xtreme_fixed_mirror_arm_07

Also, what does ballmount mean?

thanks,
beatle78

DBR
05-17-2007, 09:34 PM
I checked with New Demension. They reccomend a Titan mirror arm. I've had one on order for 2 months from Wakeside, supposed to ship 5/25. Who knows

beatle78
05-18-2007, 07:54 AM
thanks DBR... man that's frustrating...

Is this the mirror your ordered?

http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/wakeboard_tower_mirrors/titan_mirror_arm

dsoby
05-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Yes, that is the skylon arm. The ball mount option mates with the cipa extreme mirror if you are using that particular mirror. If you are and get another arm, you will probably have to get some sort of adapter or a different type of mirror.

DBR
05-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Yes, thats the one. Several other vendors sell it, but all are on back-order, Good Luck

nmcjr
07-30-2007, 11:58 PM
DBR, Did you ever receive the Titan? How do you like it? Can it be moved after you install it without tools, i.e. to move it out of the way to fold down the tower? If so, does it stay in place while bouncing across wakes etc?

Anyone else try the Titan?

I bought the Skylon, but it blocks my view since I usually look over the windshield while driving, and it sits only a few inches above the windshield.

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Here is the old placement of my mirror arm, but after a close call with folding the tower and having it hit the windshield...

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-31-2007, 09:01 AM
I moved it here...

beatle78
07-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Paul,

What tower mirror arm do you have?

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Hmm...the one that came/was ordered with the boat. :o
I guess it was MC's???

nmcjr
07-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the photos, that is where a friend of mine has his mounted also, but when I sit with the seat bottom raised all I can see is the mirror, so it doesn't seem safe to me. I am hoping I can find a mount that is either easily removed (no tools) or can swing out of the way so that I can mount it like your first photo.

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-31-2007, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the photos, that is where a friend of mine has his mounted also, but when I sit with the seat bottom raised all I can see is the mirror, so it doesn't seem safe to me. I am hoping I can find a mount that is either easily removed (no tools) or can swing out of the way so that I can mount it like your first photo.

The one I have is easily removed. Just unscrew a knob. However, forget it JUST ONCE...and you may be buying some new glass.

I deal with the instrusion by just pushing my chair back and slouching. It makes me look cooler anyway. 8p I wish the chair mount was about 1/2 the hieght is is now.

beatle78
07-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Hmm...the one that came/was ordered with the boat. :o
I guess it was MC's???

hmmm... I could've sworn you I saw your boat on wakeside.com as the poster boat for the XTP tower. I assumed you bought it there... no?

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-31-2007, 01:03 PM
hmmm... I could've sworn you I saw your boat on wakeside.com as the poster boat for the XTP tower. I assumed you bought it there... no?

In short...yes, my boat. No, I didn't get tower there. I had it put on before I took delivery. Where the dealer got it??? It does have the '04 MC racks on it tho.

Yeah...that is my boat, and that is my picture (I took it). They must have pulled it off a site somewhere.

beatle78
07-31-2007, 01:35 PM
ahhh... they probably got it from wakesiderides.com their forum site.

Soooo... does that mean I can put those nice MC rack's on my ND tower?

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-31-2007, 02:00 PM
Soooo... does that mean I can put those nice MC rack's on my ND tower?

Well, my tower has the welded in CNC plate that says "X2" on it. It's milled and drilled to accept the clamping racks. Might need to ask ND or MC.

beatle78
07-31-2007, 04:11 PM
ok thanks... my ND tower has the milled plate that says PROSTAR on it.

Do your racks just bolt onto that plate?

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-31-2007, 06:03 PM
Yes, BUT the plates are milled with rectangular slots for the clamp triggers to go thru. There is 1 bolt hole above and 1 below the milled out area.

You can kinda see it in this picture.

nmcjr
08-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Looks like you have the Mastercraft arm. I ordered it yesterday. it is a little more expenseive, but I like the ability to remove it without tools and it still looks good. Just have to add that to my tear-down routine...