PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot shorts

airdrew99
05-16-2007, 10:11 PM
I can't afford to buy a barefoot suit this season, so I'm thinking about getting some barefoot shorts. Does anybody know if the Iron Padded shorts or Vortex Padded shorts are better? Is overton's the best place to order this?

atlfootr
05-16-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm thinking about getting some barefoot shorts.
Does anybody know if the Iron Padded shorts or Vortex Padded shorts are better?
Is overton's the best place to order this?I'm not a big fan of China products (that's just me) and therefore, I'd order my bf shorts directly from BFI.

Call 'em tomorrow, chances are you'll talk w/ Mike Seiple (himself) who'll be glad to place your order.
Tell him Rob S. from Winter Haven (friend of Lanes) sent you

They'll run you about $65.00 plus shipping.

Iron Shorts - 455
adult sizes: xs - xxxl
http://fatsac.com/Barefoot/BarefootWetsuits.html#3

Flatwaterfooter
05-17-2007, 07:14 AM
IF you are serious about footing you will need the full suit. COnsider ebay as an option, you may not get a new suit, but you will have protection.

atlfootr
05-17-2007, 08:45 AM
I can't afford to buy a barefoot suit this season, so I'm thinking about getting some barefoot shorts. Does anybody know if the Iron Padded shorts or Vortex Padded shorts are better? Is overton's the best place to order this?Give me your measurements,. hght - wght etc ...
I've got a few xtra bf suits I collected and don't mind parting w/ one, just to get you going :)

WTRSK1R
05-17-2007, 08:50 AM
I would explore the ebay option. I bought a used Eagle suit in my size for something like $28. I realize Eagle is not the best suit out there, but to get started, it beat having to swap suits with a friend everytime I wanted to try barefooting. I am still learning, and until it becomes a more regular occurence, the Eagle suit has protected the family jewels and other body parts sufficiently so that I am enjoying learning.

Steve

atlfootr
05-17-2007, 08:55 AM
airdrew99,

I just searched ebay and found these ... I'd go sleeveless, more comfortable do tricks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Casad-Professional-Barefoot-Lg-Xlg-Short-Wet-Suit_W0QQitemZ190113995889QQihZ009QQcategoryZ15272 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohos ting

http://cgi.ebay.com/MIKE-SEIPEL-Barefoot-Barefoot-SHORTY-wetsuit-Wet-suit_W0QQitemZ160117479165QQihZ006QQcategoryZ22712 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

atlfootr
05-17-2007, 09:05 AM
I realize Eagle is not the best suit out there.
SteveSays who ... :confused: You :confused:
I'll accept that as your personally opinion.
That's ALL I own except for two other suits and there both Intensity's.

sizzler
05-17-2007, 09:56 AM
I realize Eagle is not the best suit out there

Steve

i dont agree......i have owned 3 ..only replaced them as i got bigger.....i have found them to be most excellent dude....

tex
05-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Check out BF Central. They have used stuff.

barefoot
05-17-2007, 02:40 PM
There is no doubt that during the barefoot learning process, you’re going to take a lot of hard falls. That’s why a barefoot suit is so critical. I’ve only used two suits, one of which is a Barefoot International. I could sell you all day on BFI…and I will. In my opinion, there is no better suit out there. But there are strong feelings both ways about BFI and Vortex on this board.

One site I would look at is barefootcentral.com. Not only do they have really cool barefooting videos, they also have suit reviews. It would be worth your time reading through it. Once you find the suit you want, it’s a matter of ordering it from whom ever you want…

I actually have a pair of BFI shorts that I’ve never worn. I’m keepin’ em, just in case I need ‘em. That is to say100% of the time I just ware my barefoot suit. I think if I were to foot with just the shorty’s, I would feel naked. IMHO, save up for a barefoot suit…it will be worth it in the long run.

airdrew99
05-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Give me your measurements,. hght - wght etc ...
I've got a few xtra bf suits I collected and don't mind parting w/ one, just to get you going :)
I'm 6' 0" and weigh 160lbs. I have a 32" waist.

CoFooter
05-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Just saw this. Its the low end vortex but you can't go wrong for $75 if you want a quality suit at a budget price.

For Sale Vortex Storm, size Large, red white and blue. Worn twice.
$75 or best offer.
email info@toesuporfaceplant.com or pm me

airdrew99
05-20-2007, 05:44 PM
bump.........

JohnnyB
05-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Just saw this. Its the low end vortex but you can't go wrong for $75 if you want a quality suit at a budget price.

For Sale Vortex Storm, size Large, red white and blue. Worn twice.
$75 or best offer.
email info@toesuporfaceplant.com or pm me

Looks like a fit....here's the Large info from the Vortex Storm size chart:

L - 5'10"-6'2"; 165-190 lbs.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
05-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Looks like a fit....here's the Large info from the Vortex Storm size chart:

L - 5'10"-6'2"; 165-190 lbs.

That looks like something worthwhile.....a barefoot suit for not much more than the shorts you originally asked about. Shorts under the suit are a good idea but if you have to pick just one it would certainly be the suit. The Storm is a decent suit. Not all the bells and whistles of some but it will do a great job for you.