PDA

View Full Version : M C Cruise to Perfect Pass Conversion

Chief
05-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Anyone know how hard it is to replace the Mastercruise with Perfect Pass?

duckguy
05-16-2007, 10:47 PM
I wana do the same thing-It is all plug and play and pretty easy-about a 2hour deal as im told-kit for our boats is 850 from skier to skier. I am trying to figure out something to do with the MC cruise trim plate-I dont wana have dead switches in there. That is not baller to me!

BuoyChaser
05-17-2007, 12:12 AM
I wana do the same thing-It is all plug and play and pretty easy-about a 2hour deal as im told-kit for our boats is 850 from skier to skier. I am trying to figure out something to do with the MC cruise trim plate-I dont wana have dead switches in there. That is not baller to me!
yahh, if you find a good looking "trim plate" let me know...

Chief
05-17-2007, 07:00 AM

Is there a link for skier to skier? Not bad if it only cost $850 and it's plug and play.

BuoyChaser
05-17-2007, 08:10 AM
http://skiertoskier.com/

Ric
05-17-2007, 09:57 AM
very easy.
you will need the dealer to reflash your ecm after installation... THat's probably the hardest part, and it's as painless as driving to the dealer. My salesman did my reflash with a laptop connection inside of 10 minutes. (better call first)

llcamp63
05-18-2007, 08:56 AM
I did the switch on my '06 X45 MCX. It took about 45 minutes. It took longer to figure out how simple it was. I'm still looking for a trim plate to replace the old Master Cruise. The '06 MCX doesn't have to be re-flashed. There is a wire jumper at the engine you simply plug in. The people at Perfect Pass are very helpful. I tried a few other websites, they wanted to sell me a package that cost $1050.00. I called Perfect Pass, they only sent me what I needed for $950.00. The directions are extremely simply.

Chief
05-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Good to see that I'm not the only one that thinks the MC Cruise is less than ample for anything but cruising.

zeus12
05-18-2007, 09:54 AM
where do you mount the master module on the 06 X-2's? On my old 04 i justt mounted it under dash, with the 06 being just fiberglass under dash, i was thinking of mounting the master module behind the dash where it wasnt visible and to keep the clean look. What have others done?

Chief
06-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I figured out how to operate correctly. You would think that once you reached the speed you wanted you would then turn on, but as I found you hit on before you ever get out of neutral. I learn something everyday, seems to work pretty good when you figure it out.

ProTour X9
06-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Good to see that I'm not the only one that thinks the MC Cruise is less than ample for anything but cruising.

Ours works alright, but the brains of it seem kindof slow and stupid really.

Chief
06-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Ours works alright, but the brains of it seem kindof slow and stupid really.

Agree, but my brain is about the same processor and when I reach "advanced level" I will have to upgrade. Maybe in a year.................hopefully..............

Ramhouse
06-17-2007, 10:48 PM
If any of you do change over to PP, i'd be willing to take the MC cruse off your hands. Been thinking of it for a while. Since i'm looking for a newer boat , i'd hate to fork out the cash right now on my '93, 190.
Richard