PDA

View Full Version : Leak??

lassy
05-16-2007, 03:09 PM
so the last few times i've been out, it seems as though i am getting more water in the bilge (more than i should) i'll unscrew the black cap in the floor and there will be a good 3" of water sitting there. i'm not too worried about it.....but i would like to know what's going on. i checked all my intake fittings, perfect pass pickup looks normal, no weird spots around the rudder mount or the tracking fins.

i'm thinking i'll have to pretty much remove most of the interior/floor if i really want to track down the culprit. any advice?

erkoehler
05-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Check your heater core/hoses for leaks.

rsk
05-16-2007, 04:23 PM
I had the same thing.
I dealer said the impeller housing was loose ??????????
I don't know, but it does not leak in the bilge anymore.
Bone dry after a days use of them working on .

Thrall
05-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Could be the packing around the prop shaft leaking a little too much (whicj is better than not enough unless you have a dripless packing gland).
COuld be the seal on the backside of the raw water pump, you'll see it dripping.
Could be the water circulation pump going out and starting to leak.

My boat has an inch or 2 of water in it at the lowpoint where the drain plug is after a day on the water. If it's sitting in the water 24hrs, it gets enough water to run the bilge pump for maybe 1 minute. Think it's my packing leaking too much, but it's a PITA to take the floor up and adjust it when I have to drive 2hrs to put the boat in the lake, all I want to do is go boating, not wrenching.

Good way to clean your bilge out, if it gets water in it, dump some dishwashing detergent in the bilge before you go out. After the water sloshes around all day......clean!