PDA

View Full Version : Calibrating PerfectPass 6.5 Water & Air Temperature

BuoyChaser
05-16-2007, 03:12 PM
okay, i know we've gone round-and-around on how to calibrate our Water Temp and Air Temp gauges, particularly those of us with the new Drive By Wire PerfectPass units...should be the same for any perfectpass with at least version 6.5 and the paddlewheel temperature sensor...

the display of course is with the engine hours and time...

while you're at it, how do i set the time???will this reset everytime the battery is removed???

i searched everywhere and contacted PerfectPass and they said that is controlled through MasterCraft...

BuoyChaser
05-16-2007, 04:24 PM
anyone find any accurate handheld water or air temperature gauges to test the water temp and get accurate air temps???

check out this one:

Skywatch Xplorer 2 Wind Gauge http://www.windpowersports.com/accessories/wind-gauge/xplorer-2.html

The Xplorer 2 has all the same features as the Xplorer 1 plus it also includes:
* Temperature
* Wind chill
* Water Temperature

Skywatch Xplorer 2 $60

BuoyChaser
05-16-2007, 04:48 PM
hmmm, $35 more and get a compass to show the wind direction http://www.windpowersports.com/accessories/wind-gauge/xplorer-3.html

BuoyChaser
05-18-2007, 09:40 PM
i borrowed from an aquarium buddy a water temp gauge from his tank, can't wait to try that out at about 3' deep and use that to calibrate the thermometer...

BuoyChaser
05-18-2007, 09:45 PM
this original thread never answered my question, but this was the only other discussion i could find http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=11448&highlight=calibrate+thermometer

i had called PP and they said since the display in the 2005 197 is where the hour meter is displayed and controlled by MasterCraft not PerfectPass...

Andyg
05-18-2007, 11:17 PM
On my 2007 with the factory installed PP you cannot calibrate the water temp. My water temp is reading about 10-15 degrees warmer. I wish the water temp was that high. I was told only a new paddlewheel might correct the problem.

skimac
05-20-2007, 01:09 AM
I just got a 2005 X2 and I can't figure out how to work the pp.I had a an Air Nautique before this and had no probs. using the PP with separate guage. Is there a manual somewhere I could get hold of? calibrate everything?
thanks skiman.

BuoyChaser
05-20-2007, 09:43 AM
On my 2007 with the factory installed PP you cannot calibrate the water temp. My water temp is reading about 10-15 degrees warmer. I wish the water temp was that high. I was told only a new paddlewheel might correct the problem.
i don't believe that a different paddlewheel is the problem, if so that should be a warranty thing that MasterCraft sends out a letter explaining the problem and how to correct it...

just plain frustrating with a top-of-the-line boat, that these "minor" things are addressed...

BuoyChaser
05-26-2007, 08:32 AM
no one else has temperature reading issues???

llcamp63
05-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Last week my boat registered 67 degree water temp. I put my hand in the water to check. It has to be off by 10 to 15 degrees. I didn't have anyway to confirm my thought. I installed PP myself in place of the Master Cruise. My temperature read out is in a different gauge.