PDA

View Full Version : L-18 Idling problems

Timbo126
05-16-2007, 08:49 AM
We just purchased a new X-45 with the L-18 8100 motor. The boat has already gone through one motor that lasted two hours before it broke a rod. Then we got another motor dropped in covered under mastercraft warranty. The boat is great, but for some reason now with the new motor when bringing the boat back in to neutral from either forward or reverse the engine sometimes bogs down and stalls out. It does it pretty often just wondering if you guys had any ideas. I thought maybe the idle air control valve.

MYMC
05-16-2007, 10:14 AM
We just purchased a new X-45 with the L-18 8100 motor. The boat has already gone through one motor that lasted two hours before it broke a rod. Then we got another motor dropped in covered under mastercraft warranty. The boat is great, but for some reason now with the new motor when bringing the boat back in to neutral from either forward or reverse the engine sometimes bogs down and stalls out. It does it pretty often just wondering if you guys had any ideas. I thought maybe the idle air control valve.
New as in 2007? There have been idle issues in the past but the last few years I have not seen or heard the issue...