PDA

View Full Version : Tower Lighted Ski Tow Connection

JohnnyB
05-15-2007, 09:18 PM
I need to connect the lighted ski tow on my new tower to the nav lights. Is there a better place for doing this than splicing into the wire going to the rear nav light? This wire currently runs in the drivers side gunnel.

Did I perhaps miss a wire that is already behind the kick panel?

My boat is a 2004 PS 197.

cst573
05-15-2007, 09:21 PM
If you can get to the switch you can put a new spade terimnal that accepts 2 wires on it.

JohnnyB
05-19-2007, 06:52 PM
It appears that disassembling the console to get to the switch is a PITA unless I'm missing something....

Farmer Ted
05-19-2007, 07:33 PM
I need to connect the lighted ski tow on my new tower to the nav lights. Is there a better place for doing this than splicing into the wire going to the rear nav light? This wire currently runs in the drivers side gunnel.

Did I perhaps miss a wire that is already behind the kick panel?

My boat is a 2004 PS 197.

Look up under the dash again and see if you can find the wire label for the rear nav light. You should be able to splice into it right under the dash.

I spliced into the front nav light because I lazy long enough until lake day came and then I needed it ASAP!

MC is pretty good about labeling the wire bundle, I wouldn't think it would be too hard to find the correct wire.

Did you fish the wire down through the tower leg?

JohnnyB
05-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Yup, wire was fished through the leg and into the boat before the final set in place and bolt down of the tower. It's hangin' under the drivers console now.

The rear nav light is not labeled, but it is one of two wires running down the gunnel on that side of the boat.