PDA

View Full Version : Best Rewards program???

6ballsisall
05-15-2007, 04:52 PM
I travel nearly every week and rent cars from Avis. After 2 years I haven't received more than 1 or 2 free upgrades and it feels like it takes a lifetime of rentals to earn free weekend trips. Of the major rental companies who do you rent from and do they have good rewards programs??

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I travel nearly every week and rent cars from Avis. After 2 years I haven't received more than 1 or 2 free upgrades and it feels like it takes a lifetime of rentals to earn free weekend trips. Of the major rental companies who do you rent from and do they have good rewards programs??
You need to talk to Ms. UMP about this JR. she flies more than a Galloping Galoo Bird. she takes advantage of all those rental, airline rewards, bonuses, etc....

6ballsisall
05-15-2007, 04:58 PM
You need to talk to Ms. UMP about this JR. she flies more than a Galloping Galoo Bird. she takes advantage of all those rental, airline rewards, bonuses, etc....

Tell her to give me a call! I get all the good stuff from the airlines and both the Marriot and Hilton chains. I was pissed, I actually had to fly coach for the first time last Friday in as long as I can remember cuz I showed up 20 minutes before my flight...... The only place I feel like I am missing out on is rental car rewards.

Is she in Indy this week??? I am chillin in the Indy airport right now! Maybe I need to track her down to give her some tips in coercing (sp) you to put a ring on that finger of her!!! :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Tell her to give me a call! I get all the good stuff from the airlines and both the Marriot and Hilton chains. I was pissed, I actually had to fly coach for the first time last Friday in as long as I can remember cuz I showed up 20 minutes before my flight...... The only place I feel like I am missing out on is rental car rewards.

Is she in Indy this week??? I am chillin in the Indy airport right now! Maybe I need to track her down to give her some tips in coercing (sp) you to put a ring on that finger of her!!! :D
Look JR, I offered to HELP you! not leave you on the side of the road in the middle of a snowstorm with no shoes!! GEEZ GOSH! be nice to your brutha! There will be none of that "ring" talk!!!!:mad: Yoos two can discuss rental cars, credit cards, weather, price of tea in china, Hoosier bob's toe fungus, I dont care, just no talkign about rings!

SHe is not in INDY right now.

6ballsisall
05-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Look JR, I offered to HELP you! not leave you on the side of the road in the middle of a snowstorm with no shoes!! GEEZ GOSH! be nice to your brutha! There will be none of that "ring" talk!!!!:mad: Yoos two can discuss rental cars, credit cards, weather, price of tea in china, Hoosier bob's toe fungus, I dont care, just no talkign about rings!

SHe is not in INDY right now.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

YOu crack me up UMPEE!!! Is she coming to MM this year with you???? Sounds like Lakey and I might be picking up some international folk in ATL to make the trek up to Mags place.

milkmania
05-15-2007, 05:21 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

YOu crack me up UMPEE!!! Is she coming to MM this year with you???? Sounds like Lakey and I might be picking up some international folk in ATL to make the trek up to Mags place.

I'm not out of the running yet, but if you let sizzler drive......

I ain't coming for sure!

Them folks drive on the wrong side of the car AND wrong side of the road. they probably read maps backwards too:rolleyes:

8p

Mag_Red
05-15-2007, 05:22 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

YOu crack me up UMPEE!!! Is she coming to MM this year with you???? Sounds like Lakey and I might be picking up some international folk in ATL to make the trek up to Mags place.Sizzler is flying in?????

milkmania
05-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Sizzler is flying in?????

probably shootin' for the furthest distance traveled award:rolleyes:

6ballsisall
05-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Sizzler is flying in?????

That I don't know about. The fella I am referring to is out of the US but coming from the West vs. East. ;)

However, if Siz does decide to come ATL might be the most logical fly in location or possibly O'Hare.

sten76
05-15-2007, 05:42 PM
If you rent from Avis all the time, I am surprised they haven't sent you the new "First Class" card and rewards. It a new program that we got for free. The first reward that is automatic is a free weekend. Plus, you will always get some type of thank you, such as upgrades, discounts, free rentals, etc....

We also choose the airline miles from Avis for the actual award from them. That helps, but isn't a ton of miles. The new program seems like a good step in the right direction.

6ballsisall
05-15-2007, 05:45 PM
If you rent from Avis all the time, I am surprised they haven't sent you the new "First Class" card and rewards. It a new program that we got for free. The first reward that is automatic is a free weekend. Plus, you will always get some type of thank you, such as upgrades, discounts, free rentals, etc....

We also choose the airline miles from Avis for the actual award from them. That helps, but isn't a ton of miles. The new program seems like a good step in the right direction.

Hmmmmmm.........I'll have to inquire about that.......:mad: I rent with them at least 40-45 weeks a year. I could go figure out how much I spend a year with them but that might be painful to view. :rolleyes:

Did you have to ask them about this new program or did they volunteer it to you? A lot of people in my company rent from Avis as much as I do, we have some national rate program with them but I don't think we've been offered this.

6ballsisall
05-15-2007, 06:13 PM
I should add to this thread my "scenario" with a rental car last week.

So I am sitting inside a Starbucks in Dayton, OH catching up on some work before a presentation when some lady walks in and asks if that was my white car in the parking lot. Now keep in mind, I get a different model car and color car about every week so who can remember what you have rented then???? Anyway, I realize she is referring to the Chevy Impala I have rented and she goes on to tell me she HIT my parked car!
So I go outside with her to look at it and sure enough, she tore the back end passenger side off pretty good. She was parked next to me in a Toyota Sequoia and instead of going forward before turning out of her stall she must've decided to go ahead and turn and forego the forward piece. The lady was nice as all get out and I am just happy she stopped in instead of leaving the scene as her Toyota wasn't that damaged. (The Chevy was badly damaged though....)

So after the cops show up and we exchange info we both go along our merry way. I knew I'd be pushing it to make my flight after my appt. as is so I hopped on Avis's website and downloaded the accident report form and filled it out, hoping I could speed up the return process when I dropped the car off at the airport.
Well I got there with no time to spare but had the form complete as well as had already called the insurance company and got a claim #. The guy checking in the car did his usual thing, asked if I filled the car up etc.... (not yet noticing the mangled back end. (the bumper was scraping the last few miles as I was driving to the airport. :rolleyes: )
When he asked me if I enjoyed the car I said it was fine but I didn't think the car was feeling fine any longer. When I showed him the boo-boo he proceeded to laugh his arse off and say HOLY SH*T you really did wreck this thing!! I gave him a copy of the accident form and he said "ok, have a good flight" and I was on my merry way.

Even though it wasn't my fault ( I wasn't at the accident scene!) maybe thats why AVIS doesn't like me......8p