PDA

View Full Version : Shower to a raw water cooled engine.

Surfer
05-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi,

any idea, is it possible to build a warm water shower for a raw water cooled engine?

For a fresh water cooled engine there seems to be shower set availeble in eg. in Bart's.

I guess you could use a mixer and take hot water from the other block knock hole (not the temperature sensor one), but where from to get running cold water?

:confused:

BrianM
05-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Heatercraft makes a shower for the closed cooling. It costs about twice as much as the regular shower though.

Surfer
05-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Hi,

so your shower is not Heatercraft one?
Anyway, nice shower you have done / installed!

Doesn't the shower get enough pressure of the engine water circulation, why do you need pump?
How about isn't there some rust from the engine in the shower water? I mean that after winter the inside of the engine looks pretty rusty.

BrianM
05-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Hi,

so your shower is not Heatercraft one?
Anyway, nice shower you have done / installed!

Doesn't the shower get enough pressure of the engine water circulation, why do you need pump?
How about isn't there some rust from the engine in the shower water? I mean that after winter the inside of the engine looks pretty rusty.

My shower is from Heatercraft. The pump provided extra pressure so it feels like a shower and not a trickle. There are a couple of screens in the mixing valve that filter out any rust particles. I have not had any problems at all with rust.

jwroblew
05-16-2007, 09:47 AM
You would need a mixer, I would not buy one from barts or heater craft, I put together my own system, got my pump from northern tool and all fittings and mixing valve from hardware store. Cost 1/2 as much as the one from barts and in my opinion works better, much more pressure than the barts. You may be able to get a heat exchanger, "mixer", from an RV store...