PDA

View Full Version : Recording Agency of America strikes again

kycat2007
05-14-2007, 12:45 PM
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/43610153

Man this really sucks. There is alot of music out there that I wold never be previed to if it weren't for sites like these. I guess I need to use newsgroups.

Harvey
05-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Here is the thing that is disturbing about the RIAA. They are targeting the most easily accessible group of music downloaders who also happen to be poor college students. In effect they know that the average colelge student has nothing of value and in a lawsuit they would get very little. But in bullying the students with lawsuits they get the parents involved who will likely fork over the money to keep their kids out of trouble. The RIAA should burn. I think that most of the true musicians out there would agree with that. The RIAA exploits the musicians as much as, if not more than the music pirates.

Just ask yourself how much of that $3000 will end up in the hands of the musicians whose music that student downloaded?

kycat2007
05-14-2007, 02:54 PM
I agree. There was a grandma here in town whose kids were downloading music. She had no idea and she is poor. She had to pay as well.

phecksel
05-15-2007, 12:46 PM
I agree. There was a grandma here in town whose kids were downloading music. She had no idea and she is poor. She had to pay as well.
It's been awhile since I looked at it, but the $3,000 figure is cheaper then a multi year lawsuit. There are several that believe it's easily beatable, but what one person has the resources to take on the recording industry.