PDA

View Full Version : Portable slalom course

rkaufman
05-13-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm thinking of getting one to use in ski vacations and on a river i usually ski on weekends.
Any recommendations? Specific brands?
Looks like an easy solution if a permanent course is not available.

Any advice would be welcome.

Ran

rodltg2
05-14-2007, 12:43 AM
ive never tried to set one up in a current, but its pretty easy to do in a lake. try ez-slalom.com

André
05-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Just ordered a course from EZ slalom.
Ed is a great guy to talk too and got all kinds of good advices for your installation.
Give him a shout...
http://www.ez-slalom.com/

ski_500
05-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Our club keeps an "InstaSlalom" portable course in the local river. I recommend getting the optional current adapter. Its basically a rope harness that goes around the perimeter of the turn bouys to keep the PVC arms from flexing with the force of the current.
BTW- don't believe the marketing hype about how quickly you can insall one of these courses ;)

-

#47of100TeamMC
05-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Go EZ-Slalom ! Perioid. Best built, Best materials. Best results. Especially in a current configuration. They have a river current adapter as well. 10yr warranty on the mainline. They use heavier poly rope than other manufacturers. Plus Ed has the best customer service out there. I think they say set-up in as little as 12 minutes. It takes 3 of us about 25 to set-up. and about 20 for take down. I just bought mine a year ago, and have only had it in about 5-6 times. the first time was about 45min. now we've got it down pretty good.

Also, Depending on which boat you own. Ez- has a 7piece buoy arm. which drops the length of the stored PVC to 80" instead of 94. Way easier to transport and easier to get in and out of your boat with out scratching the gel or scuffing the seats! Highly recommend the 7piece Compact course option.

ProTour X9
05-14-2007, 04:24 PM
It takes about 30min. to put one out, plus i think you don't need a permit for it.

rodltg2
05-14-2007, 04:41 PM
setting it up really depends on who the helpers are and wind. if you got some good helpers and its not windy it goes by very fast. the biggest challenge is to get it straight and getting the second anchor set right. we found that using two five gallon buckets filled half way with concrete to work well.

dsoby
05-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Also, much easier to put down if you start upstream.

LakePirate
05-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Ed at EZ slalom is quite helpful. Seems like a nice guy as well.

pilot02
05-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Much easier to set up using a pontoon boat if you have access. It cuts the time considerably because it doesn't have a tendency to drift as bad as the ski boats and you have more room in which to work..

BuoyChaser
05-14-2007, 11:27 PM
ed at http://www.ez-slalom.com is the only way to go...be careful on the river with lodged logs and such, they can damage a course in no time...