PDA

View Full Version : '04 X7 Ballast Pump

moxfiles
05-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Hey, I'm new to this but I was using my ballast last weekend and this weekend it's not working. When I flip the switch to fill or empty i can't even here the pump turn on or see the red LED light on the switch come on. Any ideas? The boat only has 95 hrs on it...surely it's not bad but I'm guessing the pump is burnt up or a fuse somewhere...I downloaded the owners manual but i didn't see much about the ballast pump or anything

dmayer84
05-13-2007, 12:46 PM
There should be a circut breaker underneath the switch that you just have to push in. That is where the circuit breakers are on my 04 x10

Jim@BAWS
05-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Time for the NEW updated YELLOW ballast impellers

Yellow and available

Jim@BAWS

ilikeitglacy
05-13-2007, 06:45 PM
This happens to me frequentely,(but usely the red light is on )its just that your are tryin to star the pump the wrong way from where you left it. Lets say you filled your ballast and its full, before stopping the pump yu want to give a turn or two in the empty direction so your impeller fold down on the right side while your impeller is waterred.Sometines your pump motor is'nt strong enough to star and switch direction at the same time.

moxfiles
05-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah, there was a breaker behind the ballast switch I missed. That is good to know about changing the direction of the impellers. I didn't know or think about that.

Thanks
:)

dsoby
05-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Seriously consider getting a new yellow impeller as Jim suggests. The old one will eventually stop the pump from working reliably... for me, after the bag is full. It's cheap insurance and easy to change out.