PDA

View Full Version : New 1999 X Star Owner

deployedjosh
05-13-2007, 01:19 AM
Hello All,

I'm in the process of purchasing my first Mastercraft, a 1999 X Star. Is there anything besides the steering cable and gauges that is commonly wrong with this year and model? It's a 400 hour boat that's been stored inside its whole life and from the pics, it's everything I could hope to get for the money. I hate to have to run her in brackish water, but that's my only real option down here. I'm going to have to drive 6 hours to pick her up this week and can hardly wait. I've had a bit of a layoff from riding due to my job, but am looking forward to hitting the water on what I remember to be the baddest boat around at the time. Thanks for any advice!

Josh

PS...if anyone wants a pull (or rides regularly) in the Pensacola area, shoot me an email.

Ryan
05-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Hello All,

I'm in the process of purchasing my first Mastercraft, a 1999 X Star. Is there anything besides the steering cable and gauges that is commonly wrong with this year and model? It's a 400 hour boat that's been stored inside its whole life and from the pics, it's everything I could hope to get for the money. I hate to have to run her in brackish water, but that's my only real option down here. I'm going to have to drive 6 hours to pick her up this week and can hardly wait. I've had a bit of a layoff from riding due to my job, but am looking forward to hitting the water on what I remember to be the baddest boat around at the time. Thanks for any advice!

Josh

PS...if anyone wants a pull (or rides regularly) in the Pensacola area, shoot me an email.

Watch the stitching/seems in the vinyl. Flush the engine like a mad man with Salt Away, if the boat hasn't been run in salt and you've got the $ look into a half or full closed cooling system.

Let's see some pics!

Rich_G
05-14-2007, 12:06 PM
check the welds on the tower. There were some problems from that era with the welds cracking on the Zero Flex Tower, MC's factory tower for 99

Ryan
05-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Was '99 the hot year for pink seats?

ncskier
05-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Two major service bullitens on this engine are the alternator bracket and the oil pump gear. Some trailer issues for this year also that you should verify. This website can provide more detail or call your local dealer... http://mymastercraft.com/Forum/topics.cfm?forum=10&category=2