PDA

View Full Version : I earned my man wings today

phecksel
05-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Had to shower the brown stuff off, and the ears are still ringing

Now it's hilarious as hell, wasn't at the time.

Rebuilt the WetJet's carb, as it was tough to start...I hear ya'all laughing and screaming at the computer...Sink the POC :)

It actually worked, but carried over an electrical issue of occassional missing on one cylinder. I got this bright idea of pulling a spark plug wire to diagnose which cylinder. Never thought through the process of 50% of the unburned gas entering the exhaust system. Cranked several times and then let off an explosion that destroyed the muffler, and knocked every single tool sitting in the foot wells to the ground. It was a kick a$$ explosion. Did discover the problem too, spark plug had come unscrewed by several turns.

Now I get to find a replacement muffler :(

dmayer84
05-12-2007, 11:26 PM
There were a lot of wetjet parts on ebay recently

heres a link for a muffler
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WET-JET-DUO-200-MUFFLER-EXHAUST-BRUT-MASTERCRAFT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ124112QQihZ 004QQitemZ140116817143QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-13-2007, 09:23 AM
I am so glad your OK, but man, I am laughing my arse off!!!:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

phecksel
05-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Thinking about it overnight...

Muffler box may be in good enough shape to patch, and maybe I can see about quieting this thing down some. The current exhaust is literally a pipe going into a box, and a pipe coming out the back at 90 deg. Doesn't allow for much noise dampening. To patch it, at a minimum, the inlet pipe has to be replaced, looks like schedule 30 PVC. Thinking about getting schedule 40, capping the end and drilling several dozen holes around the OD. Back pressure may go up slightly, buy may dampen the noise down.

Gawd that thing made a huge bang, literally made an M80 sound like pffftttt.