PDA

View Full Version : 1995 200 VRS low V-Drive oil light stays on

formosa
05-12-2007, 05:37 PM
My 1995 200 VRS V-drive oil light stays on no matter the rpm. The oil level is full. Any ideas?

Another question is there are two dipsticks on the V-drive - one that is transmission fluid (ATF) a T handle dipstick. And another is in the front of the V drive with a "round" cover and a longer dipstick with grey/tan looking contents. The manual doesn't mention anything about this second dipstick --- can someone in the know explain please? Perhaps this is what is low or needs changing?

Thanks-

formosa
05-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Bump - if this topic has been covered please let me know - I did not find by searching. Thanks.

etduc
05-14-2007, 12:20 PM
My 1995 200 VRS V-drive oil light stays on no matter the rpm. The oil level is full. Any ideas?

Another question is there are two dipsticks on the V-drive - one that is transmission fluid (ATF) a T handle dipstick. And another is in the front of the V drive with a "round" cover and a longer dipstick with grey/tan looking contents. The manual doesn't mention anything about this second dipstick --- can someone in the know explain please? Perhaps this is what is low or needs changing?

Thanks-

Do you have oil pressure? Could be as simple as a shorted wire or bad sender. Or.... a bad oil pump. You might want to, take to a shop.

As I've told my wife. "If any of these little red lights come on... turn OFF everything!"

formosa
05-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Although not listed anywhere in the Maristar manual, I found the info on the Walters V-drive at the Inmar website.

http://www.indmar.com/About/ContactIndmar/Manual1994_2002web.pdf

On the 200VRS there is transmission dipstick, as well as a V-drive dipstick. The transmission uses ATF and the Walters V-drive uses .5 quart of SAE-30. Page 6-11 illustrates the V-drive dipstick location.

I also appreciated the extensive winterizing drain plug information in this inmar manual (location of water/drain plugs for the trans/walters v-drive, etc).