PDA

View Full Version : Ski-it-again.com type site for.....

JohnnyB
05-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Bicycles...anybody know of any good sites for finding used bikes.

I can no longer run and am doing lots more biking. I bought a new upright stationary to get me through the winter but now want to get outside. I would like to upgrade my 30 year old road bike to something say 5-10 years old. Thoughts?

corey
05-12-2007, 03:00 PM
I've found some good deals on craigslist.com

rock skier
05-13-2007, 11:49 AM
What are you looking to spend? Reason I ask is because new bikes have become a lot cheaper than they used to be for what you get. The quality in the mid-range bikes is much higher than it used to be so buying a new one might be a good option if you're going to put a lot of miles on it.

Bill
05-13-2007, 12:03 PM
e-Bay - I found an awesome deal last fall on a lightly used bike - well less than 50% of new. This was a very high end bike that I never could have purchased at retail.

Craigslist is also a good suggestion, my daughter just found a pretty decent road bike through Craigslist.

mfmbcpman
05-13-2007, 01:42 PM
I sold my old mountain bike through craigslist and it went well.

PendO
05-13-2007, 03:22 PM
I am biased - if you are getting a newer road bike ... I suggest a full carbon frame ... if you look used, I have/own a Trek 5200 w/ ultegra and it suits me fine, my wife had a 5200 but the frame cracked and trek replaced (at our cost) the frame with a new 5500 frame ... and she has a 2006 Kuota (K-factor) for her tri-bike ... if you search on ebay for treks try and stay year 2000 or newer, and with carbon fiber you need to make sure someone is not selling you a frame that has been cracked as some of the hairline cracks are hard to find (look on the seatstays) ... I think Leroy still has a SoftRide he was trying to sell ... I have not ridden a titanium frame setup but I have a buddy that loves his ... good luck.