PDA

View Full Version : Ballast pumps/Impellers

MCX2RYD
05-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Hey all,

Have an 06 X2 and took the boat out today for the first run after winter. Well everything was great. Tried out the new prop and it was great. Fired up the ballast pumps... well they ran but werent suckin up nothing!!

My question.... what is up and what do I need to get and do to fix it!? Impellers need to be changed I take it.

Enlighten me I am new to this ballast stuff.

Thanks.

vogelm1
05-11-2007, 10:49 PM
You may have done this already, but have you checked the shut-off valves? There should be a couple of them... placed before the pumps. You may have to open up some access panels and feel around for them. My buddys X10 did the same thing last year after he ran it the first time (when the dealer winterized they sucked RV anti-freeze in the system, then shut the valves "off". Hope that works for you!

MCX2RYD
05-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Well your right I totally forgot about the valves... where would they be located?

P-hat_in_Cincy
05-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Right after the ballast intake thru hull is # 1 place to check.

vogelm1
05-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Also, I wouldn't worry too much about the impellers...long as you didn't rund them "dry" for a long time, they'll be fine. You most likely have the new yellow-colored impellers in your '06 and they can take much more abuse than the old version.

MCX2RYD
05-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the response guys. I will check it out tonight. Ya the impellers should be good. Gonna pick up some spares this weekend just in case. Long weekend coming up here in Canada! For most it is the first weekend on the water. May be a little busy.. oh well. Have a good one!