PDA

View Full Version : Drive shaft and Prop

kah68
05-11-2007, 10:22 PM
I have been trying to bring my boat back to life this week. I have changed the Trans fluid 3 times so far, going to change it a couple more times (water in fluid). When I punch it it seems to pull ok but I am wondering if there should be any vibration. I can't tell if its the tranny or the prop shaft but is seems to make a small resonance/ vibration. Is this normal? Also the 3 blade that is on it has all 3 fins dinged equally about 1/8" - 3/16" on the outside edge. I have a new XMP 4 blade to put on it but I am wondering if this would cause vibs and also would it cause speed loss. It will rev well past 4500 and only seems to hit 34-35 on the speedo.

Thanks

Kirk

BrianM
05-11-2007, 10:33 PM
If all of the blades of the prop are dinged that is going to be the source of your vibration. Put that XMP on and you should be silky smooth.

Check your speed with a GPS. It may just be that the speedos are off. If not it sounds like you are getting some transmission slipping. Switch the prop first though. That may very well be all of your issue.