PDA

View Full Version : Found a use for that old tube!

Sledneck
02-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Pulled the tube out the other week-end, and the cross country skis broke 30mph across the lake too... Hmm ok, so maybe, just maybe I'm going insane waiting for the ice to melt..

bradamerry
02-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Not much snow down here, but we have rode kneeboards behind 4x4 trucks before. Great fun!! And being the REDNECKS we are, have also pulled the hoods off of old cars and tied them to the backs of 4-wheelers, too.

MCPS205
02-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Kneeboarding is great... just get a good driver. If you cant see anything infront of you it's cause you're doing 80. The sled kicks up too much snow at that speed.

André
02-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Just reading the word "kneeboard" and my knees start to hurt!!!!
Can't stay in that position and certainly not recommended to anyone with knee problems.

rem_p
02-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Not much snow down here, but we have rode kneeboards behind 4x4 trucks before. Great fun!! And being the REDNECKS we are, have also pulled the hoods off of old cars and tied them to the backs of 4-wheelers, too.

yea we've rode kneeboards, old truck hoods, and even pulled those drop in plastic bedliners behind fourwheeler when it snows (have gotten to do this twice in my 21 and a half years)...since it dont snow very much we have pulled the kneeboard behind fourwheelers in the summer too....all you need is a good grassy pasture after a rain, or early in the mornin when the ground is still wet from the dew....or ride on pinestraw any time.....its amazing what you can do to entertain yourself when your young, well atleast live to tell about it :steering:

jimmer2880
02-02-2005, 05:57 AM
yea we've rode kneeboards, old truck hoods, and even pulled those drop in plastic bedliners behind fourwheeler when it snows (have gotten to do this twice in my 21 and a half years)...since it dont snow very much we have pulled the kneeboard behind fourwheelers in the summer too....all you need is a good grassy pasture after a rain, or early in the mornin when the ground is still wet from the dew....or ride on pinestraw any time.....its amazing what you can do to entertain yourself when your young, well atleast live to tell about it :steering:

We used to get our chucks out & go "barefooting" behind golf carts/4-wheelers through the wet meadows when I was younger. Lots-o-fun.

We've taken kiddy swimming pools down ski slopes before. Much fun!

The old Ford hoods were great also. Voltswagon hoods are the best for 1-2 people rides. Best thing about old hoods is that if/when you're on the road, it doesn't matter much if there isn't any snow on the road :eek3:

One of these days, I want to get a ski ride behind a snow-mobile. That's got to be fun!

ski_king
02-02-2005, 07:47 AM
One of these days, I want to get a ski ride behind a snow-mobile. That's got to be fun!
I have done it with snow skis, a pair of old water skis. Fun, but not the same as water skiing. The falls are harder also. Tubing is also fun, if there is enough powder to cushion you, it is also fun to just get drug thru the snow.
Now that I said this, I don't allow my kids to do any of this (except the tubing when I am around and out in the middle of a big field). I got scars to explain why.

tex
02-02-2005, 09:24 AM
We get ice storms here in Fort Worth. We used to get a truck and hang on to the bumper. We would have a 10 foot pig tail for one guy. Man hole covers don't freeze and can be a *****. Imagine hanging a toe on ice at 40 mph!

ski_king
02-02-2005, 09:36 AM
Maybe this thread should have a disclamer like on Fear Factor.
Thes stunts are performed by professionals (idiots) and should not be attempted at home.

tex
02-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Maybe this thread should have a disclamer like on Fear Factor.
Thes stunts are performed by professionals (idiots) and should not be attempted at home.
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Zach S
02-02-2005, 10:03 AM
I have posted this before, but this was the result of a tow behind 4X4 Chevy.

sfitzgerald351
02-02-2005, 06:21 PM
We've taken kiddy swimming pools down ski slopes before. Much fun!

Try an aluminum canoe! Makes the world best toboggan. And with 6-8 people they go like greased goose sh!t down the hill... :eek:

jimmer2880
02-03-2005, 05:45 AM
Try an aluminum canoe! Makes the world best toboggan. And with 6-8 people they go like greased goose sh!t down the hill... :eek:

Thanks - I'll have to try that. Now, I have to find an old alum canoe!

sfitzgerald351
02-03-2005, 11:38 AM
For more fun you can get an old bungee jumping cord from someone who isn't using it anymore and tie it to the canoe and a big tree at the top. Then you get to toboggan down and whoever can hang on at the bottom (usually a few people spill out the front) can also toboggan back up!