PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Slash Cut Exhaust Tips

limegreen
05-11-2007, 06:16 PM
I have a 2003 X9. I wanted stainless tips for it. I bought the 2007 MC versions.

I have heard the baffle in these 2007 versions replaces the existing mufflers. So I have a few questions:

1) Will the removal of the (I think they are fiberglass) mufflers and installation of these have any effect on performance that I should consider or other tuning adjustments I should make.

2) I will need new rubber exhaust to go from the exhaust manifold to the tips (unless I patch in where the mufflers were). Can I just buy this from any boat shop, or should I buy the MC parts.

Thanks in advance.

I saw some of these on boats from BAWS with SS rudder. Sweet look. Should look great with my new teak deck (replacing fiberglass for an ole skool, classic look).

limegreen
05-15-2007, 12:45 PM
No help from my brothers? Nobody?

Erk?

BAWS Jim?

captain planet
05-15-2007, 12:50 PM
They are discussing this very topic on another thread. FYI.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=16293

limegreen
05-15-2007, 12:52 PM
They are discussing this very topic on another thread. FYI.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=16293

THANKS DUDE !!!

MYMC
05-15-2007, 01:53 PM
1) Will the removal of the (I think they are fiberglass) mufflers and installation of these have any effect on performance that I should consider or other tuning adjustments I should make.).
Yes they will and yes you should.

2) I will need new rubber exhaust to go from the exhaust manifold to the tips (unless I patch in where the mufflers were). Can I just buy this from any boat shop, or should I buy the MC parts.)
Yes you'll need the hoses and stainless elbows that the 2007 use...I think your only choice will be fabrication or MC.

I saw some of these on boats from BAWS with SS rudder. Sweet look. Should look great with my new teak deck (replacing fiberglass for an ole skool, classic look).
What size engine does your boat have? Unless looks are all you're worried about I would look at the other thread.