PDA

View Full Version : The New 2007 197 Pics

Andyg
05-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Well I finally got around to taking some photos of the new boat. I have to post the best picture first of course.

Unfortunately the weather has not cooperated with my available time so I only have about 7 hrs on the boat.

Those that have seen the old boat would have a hard time distinguishinig any differences. It is the same gelcoat scheme as the 03 I had. The new boat though has a few more goodies that the 03 did. I think the only options I didn't get were the shower and the MTS counter weight system.

I upgraded the stereo a little also. It now has three pairs of the JL 7.7" Marine Speakers and a set of 6.5" JL speakers on the tower. Those speakers are being driven by a 6 channel JL Amp. I then have two 10" subwoofers. One under the passenger seat and one in front of the driver's kick panel. The subs are running off of a two channel Rockford Fosgate 300 watt Amp. Both amps are powered by a Optima Blue Top battery running through capacitor. With the Optima isolated from the boats starting battery. I removed the CMD4a that came stock and replaced it the the CMD5 so I can play mp3 cds. I also added a PIE Unipod adapter and Sirius Satellite radio. Now I just need to put the thing in the water and enjoy it.

Andyg
05-10-2007, 02:57 PM
I guess I should put a shot of the boat on here.

Andyg
05-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Here is a shot of the amps and sub woofer. The 2nd battery is mounted behind the subwoofer.

Andyg
05-10-2007, 03:03 PM
And here is a shot of one of the custom boxes in the gunnel for the extra JL speakers.

Andyg
05-10-2007, 03:05 PM
And last a shot of the driver's dash.

ttu
05-10-2007, 03:07 PM
beautiful boat. congrats.

i bet that thing can move:)

boatless
05-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Hey ! I like the stone works on your front entry. :D That boat looks nice !!! Could you take a picture of the hole engine ?

boatless.

BrianM
05-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Very nice. I like the classic color scheme. 400hp 6.0 was a very nice choice. Is it a slot too?

bigpack20
05-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Great looking boat.

Andyg
05-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey ! I like the stone works on your front entry. :D That boat looks nice !!! Could you take a picture of the hole engine ?

boatless.

Ask and you shall receive. Here is a shot of the front of the engine.

Andyg
05-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Very nice. I like the classic color scheme. 400hp 6.0 was a very nice choice. Is it a slot too?

Ya, the LY6 only comes with one tranny option. I believe it is a 1.22:1.

Here is a shot of the back of the engine. You can see that changing the oil filter in this is going to be a breeze with the remote mounting location.

dmayer84
05-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Great looking boat

Prostar Rich
05-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Great looking boat. Enjoy it.

Prostar Rich

BrianM
05-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Again very very nice. Like that 6.0

#47of100TeamMC
05-10-2007, 03:40 PM

Here is a shot of the back of the engine. You can see that changing the oil filter in this is going to be a breezed with the remote mounting location.

The LQ9 has the filter in a similar location... very nice and easy to change the oil. I cut up a 1 gallon milk carton to place under neath the filter as i remove it... that way no oil drips on the pretty tranny!

Enjoy, Beautiful boat!

pq2
05-10-2007, 03:48 PM
congratulations¡¡¡¡

boatless
05-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Oh Lord, you would need a seat belt with that kind of an engine. I see that they did some changes to the observer seat. The base are open with the seat also. It looks like you have two bimini top for the tower. Why ?

boatless.

Ryan
05-10-2007, 04:31 PM

Here is a shot of the back of the engine. You can see that changing the oil filter in this is going to be a breeze with the remote mounting location.

Wow! When did they move the location of the lifting struts? I love that the engine cover opens all the way up.

Andyg
05-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Oh Lord, you would need a seat belt with that kind of an engine. I see that they did some changes to the observer seat. The base are open with the seat also. It looks like you have two bimini top for the tower. Why ?

boatless.

The power is pretty impressive. I had an MCX with a 1:1 in my old boat and I felt like it was kind of a dog out of the hole. When I kick this thing down it pushes you back in the seat pretty good. I can be cruising at 30 mph and hit the throttle and it still pushes you back in the seat. I don't remember my MCX ever doing that.

The obserevers seat is pretty much the same as my 03. Some stiching in the vinyl changed, but other than that it is the same.

Andyg
05-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Wow! When did they move the location of the lifting struts? I love that the engine cover opens all the way up.

They are in the same location. I had to pop them off to flip the engine cover back like that.

The engine cover in this thing is huge. It is probably 2-3 inches wider than the MCX engine cover and 3+ inches higher. It doesn't seem like a lot, but that is one of the first things everyone has noticed when they have seen the boat in person.

If anyone else ever gets an LY6 in a 197 the engine cover is not sealed where the clam shell halves come together in the front. The sealing surface is cutout to clear the air cleaner when opening the lower half. You will hear a significant amount of engine noise through it, specifically a loud air cleaner whistle. I figured out a way to seal it off so I can't hear it. I used a piece of pipe foam insulation and cut it to size. You can't see it with the clam shell closed and now I can't hear the annoying intake whistle.

SHarr5184
05-10-2007, 04:45 PM
I can't get over the 6.0...the engine cover looks huge in the pictures too! I have a 1990, very low hours...want to trade??

Congrats on the Boat, it is beautiful!

Rockman
05-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Andy,

Very NICE!!!

So...when can I come up to get a few footin runs in? :D

Do you boat on Mendota, Monona or the chain south of Madtown?

Andyg
05-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Andy,

Very NICE!!!

So...when can I come up to get a few footin runs in? :D

Do you boat on Mendota, Monona or the chain south of Madtown?

Rockman,
I figure one more day out on the boat and the engine will be broken in so footin runs will be soon to follow. If the weather stays nice I might be trying an evening run in Madison next week, let me know if you are interested.

I think I have skiied twice in or around Madison in the past 6 years. We occasionally go out and do some cruizing between Monona and Waubesa. There are way too many boats on those lakes now. Even if you get up at the crack of dawn and get out there you are battling all the fisherman. You can ski on week nights in the spring usually though. I ski up at my cabin near Portage (1 hr north of Madison). I am just about guaranteed awesome water any time I go there so it is worth the drive.

ggroller
05-10-2007, 05:36 PM
400 HP.

Holy Mackeral.

Mine has 350 HP and the pull is insane.

So I say again.

400 HP.

Holy Mackeral.

Ric
05-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Love It ! are the 6 speakers an option, or is that the new system so that the Ly6 won't outplay the radio?

Chicago190
05-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Rockman,
I figure one more day out on the boat and the engine will be broken in so footin runs will be soon to follow. If the weather stays nice I might be trying an evening run in Madison next week, let me know if you are interested.

I think I have skiied twice in or around Madison in the past 6 years. We occasionally go out and do some cruizing between Monona and Waubesa. There are way too many boats on those lakes now. Even if you get up at the crack of dawn and get out there you are battling all the fisherman. You can ski on week nights in the spring usually though. I ski up at my cabin near Portage (1 hr north of Madison). I am just about guaranteed awesome water any time I go there so it is worth the drive.

I go to the University of Wisconsin. If you're ever on Lake Mendota swing by my house (Kappa Sigma Fraternity). Its about a 1/2 mile east of Memorial Union. Its the big red brick house with white pillars. Its easy to distinguish because its the only house before James Madison park that has a beach. Nice boat and it looks like a lot of fun.

bfinley
05-10-2007, 06:23 PM
What lake do you go on North of Portage?

ProTour X9
05-10-2007, 07:56 PM
:cool: :cool: Your boat is awesome:cool: :cool:

Footin
05-10-2007, 09:27 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful boat.

mitch
05-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Andyg
05-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys.:D

I just got home from the lake trying to put a few more hours on it. After about and hour out on the lake the check engine light and buzzer went off. I could reset it but then within 5 minutes it would go off again. MYMC thought it was a bad ground. Sure enough I got home pulled the kick panel and found a broken ground wire. I installed a subwoofer in the tight spot down there yesterday and must have broken it then. Thanks MYMC, great diagnosis over the phone.

Ric
05-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I'd like more pics of those mid speaker locations. also, no catx on the exhaust of the LY6/

Andyg
05-10-2007, 10:12 PM
I'd like more pics of those mid speaker locations. also, no catx on the exhaust of the LY6/

Here are a couple of more photos. MYMC had them made for me. They ar boxes that are carpeted with the same interior carpet. The forward edge of the box is contoured to match the gunnel. The rear edge of the box is square.

Here is the pciture of the port speaker.

Andyg
05-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Here is a picture of the starboard side.

Andyg
05-10-2007, 10:18 PM
No there or not CATX converters on the LY6. The thing sounds pretty mean since it is running straight pipes back to the chrome baffles in the exhaust tips.

LakePirate
05-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Sick Boat .

VTJC
05-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Sweet boat I hope I can add an extra 100hp when I upgrade to a newer MC.

erkoehler
05-11-2007, 04:50 AM
Andy, you probably haven't even seen what this engine will do yet, we have found that the LY6 really likes the break in hours, and around 15 or so it really wakes up :)

Ric
05-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Here are a couple of more photos. MYMC had them made for me. They ar boxes that are carpeted with the same interior carpet. The forward edge of the box is contoured to match the gunnel. The rear edge of the box is square.

Here is the pciture of the port speaker. I like the new texture of the interior accents as well!

as far as the enclosures, they sure are nice, but I just realized I'd be giving up ski storage if I did that..

Andyg
05-11-2007, 10:47 AM
I like the new texture of the interior accents as well!

as far as the enclosures, they sure are nice, but I just realized I'd be giving up ski storage if I did that..

That is what the mini tower racks are for. I have the slalom extensions, just haven't had time to install them.

Kyle's_prostar205
05-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys.:D

I just got home from the lake trying to put a few more hours on it. After about and hour out on the lake the check engine light and buzzer went off. I could reset it but then within 5 minutes it would go off again. MYMC thought it was a bad ground. Sure enough I got home pulled the kick panel and found a broken ground wire. I installed a subwoofer in the tight spot down there yesterday and must have broken it then. Thanks MYMC, great diagnosis over the phone.
Andy,

My girl friends dad just got his 2007 Tournamnet Team 197 that has the same motor as yours and his boat is showing a check engine light and the annoying buzzer. Can I call you to see what you did to fix yours?

Thanks,

Kyle

Andyg
05-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Andy,

My girl friends dad just got his 2007 Tournamnet Team 197 that has the same motor as yours and his boat is showing a check engine light and the annoying buzzer. Can I call you to see what you did to fix yours?

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle,
I just sent you a PM.

CBergerson
05-11-2007, 11:19 AM
I guess I should put a shot of the boat on here.

Dude, what an awesome color scheme!!!

h20_skidog
05-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm glad no one can see me foaming at the mouth while I read this thread! :o
Awesome boat Andy!!! :toast:

boatless
05-11-2007, 12:17 PM
You put a lot of money in your boat but why cut short on the trailer ? Why didn't get a tandem ?

boatless.

Rockman
05-11-2007, 12:19 PM
I go to the University of Wisconsin. If you're ever on Lake Mendota swing by my house (Kappa Sigma Fraternity). Its about a 1/2 mile east of Memorial Union. Its the big red brick house with white pillars. Its easy to distinguish because its the only house before James Madison park that has a beach. Nice boat and it looks like a lot of fun.

I've frequented that house when I was at UW...Toga...Toga..:D

Ric
05-11-2007, 01:23 PM
You put a lot of money in your boat but why cut short on the trailer ? Why didn't get a tandem ?

boatless. Ya Andy, you really blew it!

deansnyder
05-11-2007, 01:41 PM
I am in awe of your boat! I too love the coloring on it and I cant' believe it has 400 HP. Maybe someday I can enjoy one too.... 8p

Archimedes
05-11-2007, 01:56 PM

boatless.

Why get a tandem on such a light boat like that? There's no need at all and the single is gonna be way easier to manuever. I had a single on my 190 and it was great.

boatless
05-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Why get a tandem on such a light boat like that? There's no need at all and the single is gonna be way easier to manuever. I had a single on my 190 and it was great.

Yuhh !! But it looks cool to have a tandem. :D There is nothing light about that boat. With and engine like that, one would need more than a tandem.

boatless.

Ric
05-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Yuhh !! But it looks cool to have a tandem. :D There is nothing light about that boat. With and engine like that, one would need more than a tandem.

boatless. ok stop, you really should not drink your breakfast. you should know better

Diesel
05-11-2007, 04:50 PM

boatless.

Single capacity is 5200# and is plenty for that boat. It's still a small block and probably weighs the same if not less than a MCX.

Andyg
05-11-2007, 05:24 PM
I do like the looks of tandem axle trailers, but for my needs they won't work. I only have about an inch clearance on both sides of the trailer to get it into the garage as it is, both guide poles touch the garage trim as I back it in. I think the tandems are slightly wider. I also have a nasty driveway to back down and around into. It is difficult enough to get a single axle trailer down and into my garage that I wouldn't even want to attempt a tandem.

If I keep the boat in my garage at my cabin I have to put it in at an angle and a double axle would make that nearly impossible as I have to push it in and turn it by hand. So it all comes down to functionality for the trailer not looks. Besides I can use the $1500 I saved on other goodies!

Ryan
05-11-2007, 06:47 PM
They are in the same location. I had to pop them off to flip the engine cover back like that.

Oh. You mean those mounts that are clearly visible in amlost every pic... I see them now. :D