PDA

View Full Version : beginner question

boyd
05-09-2007, 10:32 PM
When replacing the impellar what do I do with the large O ring?
when I took the old one off only the foam gasket was in there.

Another thing.... last year I ordered an impellar for "just in case".
This year I went to put it in and it's the wrong one. It's brand new and I can't use it. I'll take $15 plus $5 for shipping for anyone who needs it.
that's 1/2 off. I think that is fair. It's made by Jabsco and the part
# is 1210-0001. The package has been opened It comes with the instructions, O ring, and paper gasket.

BOYD

vogelm1
05-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Hi Boyd - I'm pretty sure you just need the foam gasket...the o-ring is for another brand or application. Use the foam one, but be careful you don't snug the cover plate screws down too hard. They are brass and the heads can snap easily. Turn them just till they get tight and call it good. Too bad the impeller isn't an 812, I'd a snagged it from you at that price!

TX.X-30 fan
05-09-2007, 11:06 PM
what do I do with the large O ring?

BOYD

I have used those when I was younger, lets just say when I was a little more anxious than I am now :D wow is this team talk crap:confused: You don't need the ring, just make sure you lube her up good because the housing can be dry sometimes. 8p 8p

JimN
05-09-2007, 11:43 PM
The Johnson impeller should be bought with the foam gasket. There's no O-ring on the OEM pump on the newer boats.

boyd
05-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure. The "2 paint can opener tip" helped tremendously in getting the old one off. I tore the other one up trying to get it off and never did til I read the thread and someone said get 2 openers from Home Depot paint dept. Worked like a charm.

You guys are great. You've saved me a bunch of $ and made me a smarter Mastercraft owner.

BOYD

tex
05-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure. The "2 paint can opener tip" helped tremendously in getting the old one off. I tore the other one up trying to get it off and never did til I read the thread and someone said get 2 openers from Home Depot paint dept. Worked like a charm.

You guys are great. You've saved me a bunch of $ and made me a smarter Mastercraft owner.

BOYD
Put a beer in the cooler as payment!

milkmania
05-10-2007, 08:51 AM

BOYD
added bonus.......

now you got two beer bottle openers:cool:

win win

atlfootr
05-10-2007, 09:40 AM
The package has been opened, it comes with the instructions / O ring and a paper gasket.Dang boyd, I would of taken it if you didn't already open the package and I would of even given you back the instructions.
:uglyhamme