PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors/Donations

BriEOD
05-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Greetings everyone,

I hesitated to post this, but after thinking about it for a few weeks and some encouragement from another member here goes: If you did not know, I am a Special Agent with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations and I am based at MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL.

On June 8th my Detachment is hosting a golf tournament at the MacDill AFB Golf Course to raise money for the families of two Special Agents who were killed in Iraq. Both gentleman were decorated agents who are survived by their spouses and children. We can accomodate about 125 players and have targeted military and law enforcement personnel to play, primarily.

Why am I posting this? We are in need of help. Specifically, we need sponsors, items for a silent auction, items for a raffle and items for gift bags. We have reached out to many buisnesses and families in our local community and have been received very well. In fact, I called JimK at Bay Area Watersports (Jim@BAWS) and he was gracious enough to sponsor a hole for us, agreed to bring an X-Star down for a display and is working on some items for our silent auction. Furthermore, he is entering a team of 4 into the tournament (of which I am one of the players, not sure Jim knows how bad I suck at golf--why I ski). I'll make sure I get some photos for everyone and just to echo what I've read on here multiple times--thanks to Jim and Chuck at BAWS.

If any of you are able to assist us with a monetary contribution for hole sponsorship or are willing to provide an item(s) for the auction/raffle please let me know. I know some of you own your own buisnesses and some of you work for companies which produce highly pilferable items. No item is to small and it does not have to be a golf associated item. One tournament I attended the big prize was 9 weeks of dog obedience lessons. We are also looking coupons, passes etc, etc for the goodie bags.

If you are able and willing to help please post here or PM me. I can provide you an official letter on Department letter head and the tournament flyer. Furthermore, all contributors will be reconized in the program, announced and will have a banner (hole sponsors).

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Brian aka BriEOD

P.S. I emailed WaterSki Mag a week or two ago soliciting help and have yet to hear back

Maristar210
05-09-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm in for a donation. Give me an addy via PM and I'll send you some cool stuff for you to auction. Come to think of it I've got some cool golf stuff....

BriEOD
05-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks Steve!

6ballsisall
05-09-2007, 10:54 PM
I am in Brian. How can I help? PM me or better yet, email me

jrandol@nci.com

BriEOD
05-10-2007, 06:08 AM
Thanks Jeff. I'll shoot you and email.

BriEOD
05-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Got your email Jeff....thanks brother!

Maristar210
05-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Brian,

I sent out a Framed Jack Nicklaus auto'd 8x10, a framed scorecard from Augusta National, a 1965 Al Kaline baseball card and a 1951 Chicago Cubs Program. This stuff will fetch a few hundred bucks with any luck.

It all went out UPS today and you should see it early next week.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Need a beer cart driver? LOL :D

BriEOD
05-10-2007, 12:51 PM
WOW!!! Steve I am speechless. Thank you so much for your generosity. I'll keep my eye out for the UPS guy. Again, thanks for your help. That is very generous.

Brian

Maristar210
05-10-2007, 01:02 PM
WOW!!! Steve I am speechless. Thank you so much for your generosity. I'll keep my eye out for the UPS guy. Again, thanks for your help. That is very generous.

Brian

Brian

It is an understatement for me to say it is the least I can do.:(

BriEOD
05-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Well, make sure you send me your address. Thanks!

BriEOD
05-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Bump...............

Maristar210
05-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey Bri,

Don't forget about that "used" MP5 you said I could "have"

:D :D :D

BUMP

BriEOD
05-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh, you mean the one with the concrete in the barrell...no problem brother.;)

Maristar210
05-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Oh, you mean the one with the concrete in the barrell...no problem brother.;)

Op's guys:rolleyes:

LOL :D :D

BriEOD
05-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey, you don't need ATF knocking on your door.

Maristar210
05-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Hey, you don't need ATF knocking on your door.

I hear you brother.

Oh wait the Miller Lite Truck Driver is here instead.....

BUMP

BriEOD
05-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Stopped by Bay Area Watersports today and Jim commented to me how impressed he was with your generosity Steve--thanks again!!

BriEOD
05-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Quick comment: Received an email from WaterSki Mag offering an item for our event. I was surprised to be honest. Moreover, it was from Todd Ristorcelli. Pretty cool.

Maristar210
05-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Stopped by Bay Area Watersports today and Jim commented to me how impressed he was with your generosity Steve--thanks again!!

Mr. SA Brian,

Its not enough for sure. I'll sacrifice my personal collection in the interests of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice without question or hesitance. Tears run down my face as I type thinking about the strong women involved who have endured more than the strongest man I know at the loss of thier spouses. I have respect for them.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do. Did the package arrive yet? safely? - Steve

BriEOD
05-15-2007, 12:50 PM
You did plenty!! Thanks again. I'm not sure if it made it or not. Currently, I am 'away.' I'll call the secretary and find out.

cmack
05-26-2007, 11:54 AM
BRIeod -- Is it too late to send anything? I'm sorry but I did not see this thread.

I don't have much of anything worth while for an auction. There was only one item that came to mind.
I have a signed Thank you note From Enzo Ferrarri. He mailed around 6 months before he died.
I have checked via internet resources and the signature is real but I never paid someone to verify it.
I will be more than happy to send it. Not sure if it is worth much - But it is not something you see every day.
Let me know -- Here is a picture.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/232/514771989_14bcb924b1.jpg