PDA

View Full Version : Dale Jr. is leaving D.E.I.!

SkiDog
05-09-2007, 08:26 PM
:confused: :(
Earnhardt Jr. leaving DEI

By Jerry Bonkowski, Yahoo! Sports
May 9, 2007

Dale Earnhardt Jr. officially will say goodbye to Dale Earnhardt Inc. on Thursday morning, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

A highly placed source within DEI as well as additional sources familiar with the situation told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday afternoon that both Junior and teammate Martin Truex Jr. will announce Thursday morning that they are leaving the DEI camp at the end of this season and will drive for Earnhardt's heretofore Busch Series operation, JR Motorsports.

Sirius Radio also reported late Wednesday afternoon that the Earnhardt/Truex split with DEI was a done deal and that the new Cup team entry will field Chevrolet chassis built by Hendrick Motorsports and will use Hendrick engines as well.

Sources tell Yahoo! Sports that Earnhardt Jr.'s primary sponsor, Budweiser, will follow Junior to JR Motorsports. Budweiser's contract with DEI is due to expire at the end of 2008, but Yahoo! Sports sources believe there are provisions within the contract for an early exit if Earnhardt Jr. does not drive the No. 8 Chevrolet for DEI.

The press conference, which is expected to be televised nationally, will take place at JR Motorsports headquarters in Mooresville, N.C., at 11 a.m. ET on Thursday.

There has been no comment thus far from either DEI president Teresa Earnhardt (Dale Jr.'s stepmother) or company director of global operations Max Siegel.

cst573
05-09-2007, 09:28 PM
nascar.com says it as well.

TMCNo1
05-09-2007, 09:45 PM
If the press conference is the real announcement making it true, how many are surprised by this move. I wonder if Teresa needs any lube for her downhill slide?

DemolitionMan
05-09-2007, 10:23 PM
I was hoping that he would drive for childress racing.

Footin
05-09-2007, 10:46 PM
If he leaves I wonder what number he will run. The number 8 belongs to DEI and wouldn't think she would let him take it.

LakePirate
05-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Get 'em June Bug.

Maybe he will buy the 8 from Teresa....what are they going to put Paul Menard drive the 8?

Bongo
05-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Or buy the 3 from Richard Childress.

Monte
05-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Hate to say it, but it needs to happen... I just want to see him win.. It doesn't look good for this season...

DemolitionMan
05-09-2007, 11:33 PM
She just needs to step a side.

Monte
05-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Kind of wild that he'll be on Hendrick chassis and engines.. Almost like he signed a deal with the dark side...

betsy&david Harrison
05-09-2007, 11:56 PM
I may be the "bad girl" in this opinion, but, I want him to be Hendrick's 4th car...Go JR!

Cary K.
05-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Bad girl indeed. Hendick stuff is def the cat's meow right now, and it is hard o fault him for buying their components, but it just ain't right. DEI may stay afloat w/o DE Jr, but it won't be the same. That is his namesake. He is one helluva driver, and to even be associated w/ Jeff Gordon & Jimmy Johnson isn't NASCAR. Nothing against their talent, just a NC boy voicing his inebriated opinion !!!

Blair
05-10-2007, 02:33 AM
this has been a long time coming... i remember seeing something about this time last year saying that jr wasnt happy with DEI and wanted changes or he was gonna leave to start his own team... the busch car team was a practice thing for him

TMCNo1
05-10-2007, 07:22 AM
If he leaves I wonder what number he will run. The number 8 belongs to DEI and wouldn't think she would let him take it.

I read somewhere, Budweiser owned the 8 number and they should be going with Jr., so we will just have to wait and see if they say today what his # will be.

mitch
05-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Jr. will keep 8.....you saw it here first

djhuff
05-10-2007, 09:06 AM
He really thinks he can run a team while driving huh... Ask Michael how thats going.

I think his arrogance is going to get the best of him, and he'll be fighting to stay in top 35 in points next year, never mind the chase.

Yes, he is a good driver, but it seems he thinks that's all it takes. YOU NEED SUPPORT. You can't treat your team like crap and think they will be there for you.

atlfootr
05-10-2007, 09:09 AM
:confused: :(
Earnhardt Jr. leaving DEISo, this is good, bad? :confused:

betsy&david Harrison
05-10-2007, 11:16 AM
45 minutes for the answer to all our questions...oooohhhhhh!

chevy08bud
05-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Heard he was going to run number 7.9.

betsy&david Harrison
05-10-2007, 12:10 PM
you guys are my info connection on this one. I am at work and I can't get into a lot of the sites because of security blocks...what is the latest?

LakePirate
05-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Let the bidding begin.

The funniest thing I heard today was that the Step Monster was going to go from running a race team to being the head cashier at the Dale Earnhardt museum.

Footin
05-10-2007, 10:43 PM
MYMC, your thoughts??????????

RexDog1
05-10-2007, 10:52 PM
I may be the "bad girl" in this opinion, but, I want him to be Hendrick's 4th car...Go JR!

Just when I started to liking you,
you need to go and say something like this??????:mad:

JK are we drinking tonight? :D

LakePirate
05-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Dale Jr. to RCR? done deal? FOX25(Boston's FOX affiliate) is reporting.......Dale Earnhardt Jr. will soon be racing under the same legendary #3 Chevy that his dad used to race in. A source with direct knowledge of negotiations tells FOX25 that Dale Earnhardt Jr. has finalized a deal with Richard Childress Racing Thursday night and an official announcement will be coming soon. At a press conference today to announce that he was leaving the company his late dad built, Dale Jr. said he would have mixed emotions about driving his dad's #3 Chevy, but again, FOX25 has learned that this is a done deal.(FOX25)(5-10-2007)

I really hope this isn't true..

TMCNo1
06-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Dale Earnhardt Jr. makes it official tomorrow @ 11:00am that he will be a teammate to Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, and Casey Mears for Hendrick Motorsports, replacing Kyle Busch on the #5 team, http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/06/12/dearnhardtjr.future.plans/index.html

betsy&david Harrison
06-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Ooooohh! Wishes do come true :)

6ballsisall
06-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I wish I could say I know what the heck ya'll are talking about but I don't have a clue.....Never seen a Nascar race in my life! Whats this all mean? Dale Jr is leaving his sponsors to race something else?

betsy&david Harrison
06-12-2007, 09:51 PM
I wish I could say I know what the heck ya'll are talking about but I don't have a clue.....Never seen a Nascar race in my life! Whats this all mean? Dale Jr is leaving his sponsors to race something else?
He has been racing for DEI, his father's company which is now run by his step-mother and things didn't go well for Dale Jr.. So, he decided to leave. It has been up in the air as to where he was going to sign or if he was to start his own company. Now all us fans know what is going on!! I am good to go ;)

6ballsisall
06-12-2007, 09:52 PM
He has been racing for DEI, his father's company which is now run by his step-mother and things didn't go well for Dale Jr.. So, he decided to leave. It has been up in the air as to where he was going to sign or if he was to start his own company. Now all us fans know what is going on!! I am good to go ;)

Thanks Betsy!

Sounds like a soap opera on 4 wheels to me?????

betsy&david Harrison
06-12-2007, 09:54 PM
There is a lot of good dirt in NASCAR...You're right, they could make a "How NASCAR turns" show.

LakePirate
06-12-2007, 10:01 PM

June wanted to get partial ownership of DEI and the step-monster was having none of that. She has been a missing owner since Sr. died and Junior wants an owner that is at the track.

Jeff - we are going to cure that never been to a race deal.

Somebody send me a 5 sticker.

6ballsisall
06-12-2007, 10:03 PM
June wanted to get partial ownership of DEI and the step-monster was having none of that. She has been a missing owner since Sr. died and Junior wants an owner that is at the track.

Sounds good to me Lakey!! :cool:

betsy&david Harrison
06-12-2007, 10:03 PM

Get the sticker avatar and attach it to him:rolleyes:

6ballsisall
06-12-2007, 10:04 PM
So how do Dale Jr. get the name "junebug"????

Whats the benefit of having the owner of the club at the race? Moral support??

LakePirate
06-12-2007, 10:14 PM

Don't know for sure, but would imagine that it has something to do with being a junior. June. June Bug.

Exactly. Moral support. Hey you drove your heart out today, I am proud of you. Hug it out.

TMCNo1
06-12-2007, 10:16 PM

Junebug is slang for JUNior and many Jrs. are given that nickname.

Teresa Earnhardt (Dale Sr.'s widow) is Team Owner as a result of his death and most team owners are former racers/crew chiefs, etc. that are at the racetracks with their teams for support and to see and evaluate their drivers and team performances, afterall they actually run the show and have the final word on most everything, yet Teresa has not been very involved at the racetrack for whatever reasons.

fintek9
06-12-2007, 11:16 PM
All I can say is that when JR. leaves DEI, ..and a done deal, all Teresa
is going to have is one good "MUSEUM".....

TJsAudio
06-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Hey I hear Kyle Busch is up for grabs. lol Well I know that Hendricks Motorsports is a strong team and I think JR will do good there. Jimmy and Jeff are good drivers but JR is still my driver and I hope that his rep does not go down the hole.....but HMS will be one heck of a powerhouse. The 3Js JImmy Jeff And JR

93ProStar205
06-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Will be interested to see how all those egos play together at HMS. . .kinda surprised at this move.

KnoxX2
06-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Will he get to keep the #8?

Monte
06-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Will he get to keep the #8?

Nope! Your tatoo will have to be changed8p DEI owns the #8. Unless the new owners "buy" the number it will remain under DEI's ownership. Can't see Theresa letting that go..

KnoxX2
06-13-2007, 09:34 AM
That suck........................guess I need to repaint the house:confused: :rolleyes:

Dale is the man even if he is on the dark side now:D

chudson
06-13-2007, 09:37 AM
The way ESPN says it is that Jr. is going to Hendrick's racing and his sponsors are going with him. They're calling Hendrick's the "New York Yankees" of Nascar.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=2901813

Monte
06-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Dale is the man even if he is on the dark side now:D

I agree, It will be nice to see what he can do with a REAL car. Seriously, when Sr. was still around DEI had some of the best cars on the circuit. They have been taking steady backslides since he passed. Next year will be a BIG test for Jr. No more excuses, and I am a Jr fan..

TMCNo1
06-13-2007, 09:56 AM
At 11:00 am today most everyone's questions will be answered or you can wait till Daytona Speedweeks, 2008. It's gonna be interesting!

trickskier
06-13-2007, 09:57 AM

Lakey,

Dale Jr. wanted Majority Ownership (51%) of DEI and he wanted Teresa to GIVE IT too him. That's where the road block came in.

Speed TV will carry the announcement live at 11am....................:D

chudson
06-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Nascar.com will have a live link for the announcement.........

http://www.nascar.com/

Commentray on Jr...........

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=2901813

chudson
06-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Jr.s press conference is on now .................

http://www.nascar.com/multimedia/webcast/generic/index.html

trickskier
06-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Jr has signed a 5 year contract with Hendrick Motorsports..........Sponsor & Car # have not been determined..........

Monte
06-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Jr has signed a 5 year contract with Hendrick Motorsports..........Sponsor & Car # have not been determined..........

I thought Bud was going to follow him? I heard Nike wanted a piece of the action???

trickskier
06-13-2007, 02:46 PM
I thought Bud was going to follow him? I heard Nike wanted a piece of the action???
Dale Jr. has a Personal Services contract with Budweiser for next year, but that's it...............

Monte
06-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Dale Jr. has a Personal Services contract with Budweiser for next year, but that's it...............

Too bad there are no further details on his number or the sponsor. I figure that is still in negotiation. I wonder if Rick is on the phone with A-B as we speak...

I bet there are a lot of these press conferences to come...

Darnit.... They have to release that number soon, so I can get a new Tatoo:rolleyes: 8p

BTW WTH is a personal services contract?

TMCNo1
06-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Too bad there are no further details on his number or the sponsor. I figure that is still in negotiation. I wonder if Rick is on the phone with A-B as we speak...

Darnit.... They have to release that number soon, so I get a new Tatoo:rolleyes: 8p

A contract with the driver to offer his time for compensation, to endorse the sponsors product that is on the car.

trickskier
06-13-2007, 03:01 PM

Darnit.... They have to release that number soon, so I get a new Tatoo:rolleyes: 8p

Bud is not out-of-the picture. However, you can bet that Rick Hendrick is shopping Dale Jr. to get has much sponsorship $$$$ as possible.........

Harold answered your other Q.................:D

LakePirate
06-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Lakey,

Dale Jr. wanted Majority Ownership (51%) of DEI and he wanted Teresa to GIVE IT too him. That's where the road block came in.

Speed TV will carry the announcement live at 11am....................:D

Without a doubt he wanted 51%...controlling interest.

I think his sister Kelly was the fly in the ointment.

Hendrick said he would explore trying to swap the 8 for the 5. The 5 is a championship number.

tex
06-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Maybe he could drive the PBR car?

trickskier
06-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Hendrick said he would explore trying to swap the 8 for the 5. The 5 is a championship number.

If Teresa does not let Jr. have the #8, she's going to have the whole NASCAR Nation mad at her............The ONLY reason she could justify keeping the #8 is if Budweiser continued to sponsor that car...........

Monte
06-14-2007, 09:48 AM
If Teresa does not let Jr. have the #8, she's going to have the whole NASCAR Nation mad at her............The ONLY reason she could justify keeping the #8 is if Budweiser continued to sponsor that car...........

Or simply to be a bioch:o ;) :)

trickskier
06-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Or simply to be a bioch:o ;) :)
Agreed!!!................

KnoxX2
06-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Ithink it will all work out for dale and us fans! I bet he keeps the #8 and Bud.

chudson
06-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Ithink it will all work out for dale and us fans! I bet he keeps the #8 and Bud.

Jr. + #8 + Bud = a good combination!!!

trickskier
06-14-2007, 11:35 AM
That would be nice..............But I think it's wishful thinking at this point........You can bet Rick Hendrick is going to "Shop" the sponsors to get as much as he can to help pay Jr's BIG salary.............It would not surprise me to see Jr's car with multiple sponsors on it next year.

TMCNo1
06-14-2007, 12:23 PM
I don't see Junior in a red, #8, Budweiser car next year. If it all stays the same, from a marketing perspective, nothing has changed, but...................
If it's a red, red/white or white, #25, Budweiser car, every Junior fan will have to start all over and buy most all new T-shirts, Die Cast cars, anything with Junior on it to stay current and there is too much money to be spent by the fans for them not to do it. Everyone makes big money, but the fans!

03 35th Anniversary
06-14-2007, 12:32 PM

Everybody has to remember Hendrick and Kelloggs have been together for around 16 years on that #5 car and the #5 is a chapionship number. If Teresa wants any fan support outta this she will trade the 8 for the 5.

TMCNo1
06-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Everybody has to remember Hendrick and Kelloggs have been together for around 16 years on that #5 car and the #5 is a chapionship number. If Teresa wants any fan support outta this she will trade the 8 for the 5.

Casey Mears would probably move to the #5 car, more changes and more new souviners to be sold, money, money, money!

chudson
06-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Everybody has to remember Hendrick and Kelloggs have been together for around 16 years.

How about Budweiser and Kelloggs ( snap, crackle and burp ), it's not like we haven't been there before. It's been awhile but............:rolleyes:

03 35th Anniversary
06-14-2007, 02:19 PM
How about Budweiser and Kelloggs ( snap, crackle and burp ), it's not like we haven't been there before. It's been awhile but............:rolleyes:

Thats what I said, BEER AND CEREAL GO TOGETHER!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

trickskier
06-14-2007, 02:36 PM
I guess that could replace "Wheaties" as The Breakfast of Champions!!!

TMCNo1
06-15-2007, 12:09 AM
This deal is serious stuff!
If you noticed, yesterday at the press conference with Junior and Rick Hendrick, the water bottles had no labels! Junior endorses Coke products and Rick Hendrick endorses Pepsi products, so the labels were removed from their respective water bottles to eliminate any brand conflict till new contract negotiations are complete.

Ric
06-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Great miller ad on some local bilboards this week showing a giant photo of a six pack of waters sitting next to a six pack of miller hi life and their respective retail prices printed above them.. WATER costs more than miller :eek:

79stars&stripes
06-15-2007, 01:03 AM
i'm glad to see it happen. The step mom needs a wake up call, hopefully she doesn't run DEI into the ground.

SkiDog
06-15-2007, 10:30 AM
i'm glad to see it happen. The step mom needs a wake up call, hopefully she doesn't run DEI into the ground.

I'm afraid she already has!:mad:

JimN
06-15-2007, 10:33 AM
03 35th Anniversary- "Thats what I said, BEER AND CEREAL GO TOGETHER!!!!!!!"

Gather your wits, man! Beer IS cereal!

trickskier
06-15-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm afraid she already has!:mad:
Maybe she can get Michael Wall-Drip to drive for her again............

Monte
06-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Maybe she can get Michael Waldrip to drive for her again............

Better yet take the Busch brothers, and let the hole dang thing sink8p ;)

LakePirate
06-19-2007, 09:37 PM
You guys see the latest possible sponsor?

I can't wear any of the P word stuff.

That would not be cool.

SkiDog
06-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Maybe she can get Michael Waldrip to drive for her again............

Before Jr. signed with Hendrick's team, he was seriously considering signing with the Waltrip team.............so he could have Sunday's off!:D :D :D

trickskier
06-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Before Jr. signed with Hendrick's team, he was seriously considering signing with the Waltrip team.............so he could have Sunday's off!:D :D :D
Wouldn't that be a HOOT.................To go to work for the guy you fired!!!...............:rolleyes:

trickskier
06-20-2007, 02:34 PM
You guys see the latest possible sponsor?

I can't wear any of the P word stuff.

That would not be cool.
Lakey,

Are you referring to Pa....Pa....Pa.....Pepsi???

TMCNo1
06-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Lakey,

Are you referring to Pa....Pa....Pa.....Pepsi???

There for a while, I thought is was Pa....Pa....Pa....Pampers!:cool: :eek: :D

03 35th Anniversary
06-20-2007, 02:51 PM
There for a while, I thought is was Pa....Pa....Pa....Pampers!:cool: :eek: :D

I thought it was PL.....PL.....PL.....Platex.....8p

TMCNo1
06-20-2007, 02:59 PM
I thought it was PL.....PL.....PL.....Platex.....8p
:uglyhamme I can see where this is going!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chudson
06-20-2007, 03:06 PM
And here I was thinking it was Pa....Pa....Pa.... Mr. Goodwrench!!!:rolleyes: :D

Ric
06-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Thats what I said, BEER AND CEREAL GO TOGETHER!!!!!!!!:D :D :D "Lonestar beer in my cereal is keepin me alive!" Pat F Green

TMCNo1
06-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Pa....Pa....Pa....Pabst Blue Ribbon!

03 35th Anniversary
06-20-2007, 05:48 PM
"Lonestar beer in my cereal is keepin me alive!" Pat F Green
I think thats what finally killed my dog that I had in high school........:cry: :cry: :cry:

03 35th Anniversary
06-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Pa....Pa....Pa....Pabst Blue Ribbon!

P....P....P....Puke!!!!!!!:friday:

LakePirate
06-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Lakey,

Are you referring to Pa....Pa....Pa.....P???

I would rather put a playtex shirt on with a pampers hat before I donned the not Coke.

tex
06-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Sony?????????????????

RexDog1
06-22-2007, 05:07 PM
How can Jr. go to a team like this????:rant:

Gordon, Johnson fail initial inspection at Sonoma

By NASCAR.COM
June 22, 2007
03:57 PM EDT

type size: + -
var clickExpire = "-1";SONOMA, Calif. -- Nextel Cup points leader Jeff Gordon (http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/jgordon00/cup/index.html) and reigning series champion Jimmie Johnson (http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/jjohnson00/cup/index.html) were banned from on-track activities Friday, and their status for Sunday's event at Infineon Raceway was in jeopardy after NASCAR discovered illegal front-end modifcations in initial inspection.
The cars of neither Gordon, the defending race champion, nor Johnson will be allowed to practice or qualify Friday.
NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said both cars "failed the initial inspection ... as a result of body modifications found to be outside NASCAR tolerances. The front fender [of both cars] was modified outside of NASCAR regulations. They did not meet the C2 template inspection."
"When we presented the cars for inspection today [NASCAR] found our fenders were outside their limits in between the templates," said Doug Duchardt, Hendrick Motorsports' vice president of development. "The cars fit the templates. We thought we could work on the points between the templates and it became clear to us [in inspection] that we could not."
According to Poston, Hendrick Motorsports' No. 5 and No. 25 cars, for Kyle Busch (http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/kbusch01/cup/index.html) and Casey Mears (http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/cmears01/cup/index.html), passed inspections.
Poston added, "both teams have an opportunity to repair and resubmit their cars" for inspection up to the start of practice Saturday. "Assuming they pass inspection, they can practice [Saturday] and start at the rear of the field [Sunday]," he said.
Gordon, as expected, alluded to the birth Wednesday of his daughter Ella as having more of his attention than the setback, when asked his outlook on a track where "no one has ever won from the back."
"Nothing's going to ruin my day or my weekend -- I'm on cloud nine," Gordon said.
"This is devastating news ... and this definitely puts us in box. We'll just have to work our way out of it. I'm looking forward to getting out there [Saturday]. I think pit strategy [on Sunday] will be very important for us."
"It's important to know this is a Car of Tomorrow penalty," Poston said of the short-term severity of the sanction. "The inspection process and NASCAR's response to Car of Tomorrow violations are going to be more severe.
"We're going to keep this car in check. It's important to know all cars in the field are starting out equal and have the ability to win the race."
Poston said both teams' crew chiefs, Steve Letarte on the No. 24 and Chad Knaus on the No. 48, would be allowed to supervise the repairs, and at this point, NASCAR had no plans to immediately confiscate the cars.
"My understanding is the 48 has been through inspection and is waiting at the garage for my direction," Knaus said. "I think the 24 is close behind them, although it's my understanding we won't get inspection stickers until [Saturday]."
The decision on further penalties would be made next week, Poston said.

chudson
06-22-2007, 05:29 PM
But Jr. picks up SONY as a sponsor....

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=2912572

tex
06-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Next he will be driving the Becks or Kiran car! Screw Sony!

TMCNo1
06-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Gordon and Johnson cars fail inspections @ Sonoma, this could get interesting for Junior.,http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/06/22/jgordon.jjohnson.sonoma.inspection/index.html

RexDog1
06-23-2007, 11:51 AM
It is going to be hard to be a Jr. fan next year, when he driver for
Hendrick Motorsports

I HATE Hendricks :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/06/22/jgordon.jjohnson.sonoma.inspection/index.html (http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/06/22/jgordon.jjohnson.sonoma.inspection/index.html)

TMCNo1
06-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Hamlin wins at Milwaukee after relieving Almirola in the 20 Busch car. Must have been a driving show, but I slept thru it!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-busch-milwaukee&prov=ap&type=lgns

TMCNo1
07-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Well, here it is and this Bud's not for Jr.,

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/07/13/dearnhardtjr.budweiser/index.html

Ryan27r
07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Green Mountain dew #5 is what Jr will be driving next year...

chudson
08-16-2007, 09:22 AM
ESPN said this morning Jr. definetly is not getting #8 next year.........

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=auto&id=2976369

TMCNo1
08-16-2007, 01:32 PM
ESPN said this morning Jr. definetly is not getting #8 next year.........

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=auto&id=2976369

But look at the Millions and Millions of $$$$$$ to be made and paid in royalties in all those new souvenir sales for everyone concerned over the next 5 years or so!

YooperScott
08-16-2007, 01:56 PM
I guess the commercials about changing his number were not a joke after all.

I'm a junior fan and could really care less what the sponsor or number is so long as he wins races and a championship. Just more $$$ in souvenir sales like TMC said.

Scott
'95 LT-1 Prostar 190

Willski
08-16-2007, 01:59 PM
How about 08? Could he use that?

YooperScott
08-16-2007, 02:18 PM
I did some internet searching back when this all happened and it doesn't look like 08 is owned so yes he probably could.

He actually drove the 08 car for 5 races in 1999 which was the first year he drove a few cup races. In 2000 when he went full time cup he was in the 8 car.

Scott

trickskier
08-16-2007, 02:41 PM
I did some internet searching back when this all happened and it doesn't look like 08 is owned so yes he probably could.

He actually drove the 08 car for 5 races in 1999 which was the first year he drove a few cup races. In 2000 when he went full time cup he was in the 8 car.

Scott
I have followed NASCAR for more than 40 years and I don't remember Dale Jr. driving a number 08 car in 1999........I even have a poster that has the date of his first Cup Race and it has the number 8, not 08 on the car.

YooperScott
08-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Try this. I had found it somewhere else too if I remember right?

http://www.nascar.com/kyn/nbtn/cup/data/car/car_number_08.html

chudson
08-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Well "Hunka, Hunka, Burnin Love" Jr unveils tribute to Elvis car for next race!!!

http://video.ap.org/v/Legacy.aspx?partner=en-ap&g=05effbab-c1d0-4975-81a3-fbf83193f2cf&t=s61&p=ENAPentertainment_ENAPentertainment&&f=ncchn

tex
08-16-2007, 04:14 PM
I thought Richard was the King?

trickskier
08-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Try this. I had found it somewhere else too if I remember right?

http://www.nascar.com/kyn/nbtn/cup/data/car/car_number_08.html
I know it say's the number 08.........However, I am very sure that Dale Jr. has never driven a Cup Race with the number 08...........

RexDog1
08-16-2007, 04:19 PM
He needs to go drive for RCR and run the #3 ……..happy ending:D :D :D :D

trickskier
08-16-2007, 04:21 PM
He needs to go drive for RCR and run the #3 ……..happy ending:D :D :D
I agree with that 100%.........................:D

YooperScott
08-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Perhaps since nobody else was driving an 8 car in 1999 maybe for whatever reason technically it was registered as the 08 but they did not actually paint the 0 part on it? Who knows I had just remembered finding that interesting. Either way the 08 is probably not owned (leased, whatever they actually do with the numbers) as it is not used so he probably could use it.

Scott
'95 LT-1 Prostar 190

trickskier
08-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Perhaps since nobody else was driving an 8 car in 1999 maybe for whatever reason technically it was registered as the 08 but they did not actually paint the 0 part on it? Who knows I had just remembered finding that interesting. Either way the 08 is probably not owned (leased, whatever they actually do with the numbers) as it is not used so he probably could use it.

Scott
'95 LT-1 Prostar 190
I don't know the answer to that..............However, I was at the first Cup race that Dale Jr. drove in at Charlotte and he drove the #8 car.

Monte
08-16-2007, 04:40 PM
I for one just want to see him win A race....

RexDog1
08-16-2007, 04:50 PM
I for one just want to see him win A race....

this weekend will be the one:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Monte
08-16-2007, 04:53 PM
this weekend will be the one:banana: :banana: :banana:

I hope you are correct.. My brother is a JJ fan (and he's killin' me here maaaan!):(

RexDog1
08-16-2007, 05:28 PM
I hope you are correct.. My brother is a JJ fan (and he's killin' me here maaaan!):(

OMG a JJ fan……………………………………….:eek3:
I am a new NASCAR a fan the last 2 or so years now; I was an open wheel fan all my life
But open wheel racing in the US is a joke now :mad:
I do know something about NASCAR…. JJ is a big baby yeti and don’t get me started with his girlfriend Jeff:rant:

I think we need to kneecap your brother ……………………………………….

Monte
08-16-2007, 05:31 PM
OMG a JJ fan……………………………………….:eek3:
I am a new NASCAR a fan the last 2 or so years now; I was an open wheel fan all my life
But open wheel racing in the US is a joke now :mad:
I do know something about NASCAR…. JJ is a big baby yeti and don’t get me started with his girlfriend Jeff:rant:

I think we need to kneecap your brother ……………………………………….

I agree... Yeti, girlfriend, kneecaps, and all:cool:

trickskier
08-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Has anyone seen the Chevrolets for Michigan???.............They're all going to have decals on them to make them look like 57 Chevrolets............

RexDog1
08-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Has anyone seen the Chevrolets for Michigan???.............They're all going to have decals on them to make them look like 57 Chevrolets............

that looks so cool!!!!

But i have a 56:(

TMCNo1
08-17-2007, 07:36 AM

Here is NASCAR's story on the '57 theme cars,
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/08/16/1957.chevy/index.html