PDA

View Full Version : wakeboat stereos are getting crazy

rodltg2
05-09-2007, 04:30 PM
i dont know who's MC this is i saw it posted somewhere else. this stereo has got be be friggin loud!! stereos on boat now days are getting out of control....

dapicatti
05-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Sorry to disagree, but the louder the better. Go ski on a private lake if you want quiet.

rodltg2
05-09-2007, 04:44 PM
i do ski on a private lake, but im not complaining. im saying that they are getting crazy and complex

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-09-2007, 05:17 PM
well Rod, thing of it this way. get your .22 long rifle with a scope, and think of those speaker cans as targets, and try your luck! see if you win a stuffed animal! ;) 8p

I am lover of rock/metal music, but that doesnt mean you need to have it too loud. I think there is something to be said for too loud music invading your privacy. If I am walking decide to go to the public park to sit and relax, and someone had a loud arse stereo booming, I think thats is not right. People need to use a little common courtesy with their stereos. Thats a very controversial topic.

robisjo
05-09-2007, 05:50 PM
well Rod, thing of it this way. get your .22 long rifle with a scope, and think of those speaker cans as targets, and try your luck! see if you win a stuffed animal! ;) 8p

I am lover of rock/metal music, but that doesnt mean you need to have it too loud. I think there is something to be said for too loud music invading your privacy. If I am walking decide to go to the public park to sit and relax, and someone had a loud arse stereo booming, I think thats is not right. People need to use a little common courtesy with their stereos. Thats a very controversial topic.

I agree. If you are going to listen to vulgar music with explict lyrics, I do not want to hear it especially with my young kids in the boat. Fornuately, my buddy has a loud stereo in his boat, 10 6x9 on the tower and if we do not want to listen to someone else's music, we make them listen to ours.

tommcat
05-09-2007, 05:54 PM

I am lover of rock/metal music, but that doesnt mean you need to have it too loud.it does if you want to hear it while boarding, which is the whole point of the speakers.

and be careful, the guy in the boat may shoot back8p

tex
05-09-2007, 07:08 PM
If it's too loud...You're too old!

shepherd
05-09-2007, 07:37 PM
it does if you want to hear it while boarding, which is the whole point of the speakers.

While I also get annoyed by others forcing me to listen to their music, I have to admit - that's a cool idea :headbang:

BriEOD
05-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Steve Buscemi and a mullet!

TX.X-30 fan
05-09-2007, 09:05 PM

TOUCHE :) :rolleyes:

DemolitionMan
05-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Maybe they are saying go big or go home.

Leroy
05-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Sooner or later people will get angry and start passing noise laws. Matter of fact I think they already are!

Waketn
05-09-2007, 10:14 PM
The louder the beter,,, crank it up

dmayer84
05-09-2007, 10:26 PM
I need to get to work on mine, if anyone would like to assist, I take donations :D

05-09-2007, 10:27 PM
you guys better watch it! Judge smails will slap some judgement on you so fast it will make your head spin!

Personally, I like preserving my ears. Call me what you want, I dont care! Now this is coming from a rock/metal guitarist, you need to listen to music at accceptable levels. Take a look at a decibel chart. I have a deicibel meter that I monitor sound levels with for fun, mostly for music. Do a little research on the topic before you shoot your mouth off about it like a teenager. hearing loss is very serious and is not repairable. ask someone who wears a hearing aid from hearing damage how much they like it. I take my hearing so seriously, that I wear ear plugs while mowing the damn lawn! any time I use a power tool, the ear plugs go in. I carry a pair in my old clothes that I wear for lawnwork, etc...
If I am jamming with a drummer, ear plugs go in. heres the cool part about ear plugs & playing guitar at loud levels. the ear plugs filter out all the harsh frequencies and excess volume, but the tone still gets thru and you can hear everything thats going on. its strange, but it works. Watch some pros on stage. most use in-ear monitors now that isolate outside sound, and pipe in a stage mix so they can hear themselves without excess volume, but lots of artists still use traditional stage speakers for monitors. I notice quite a few people wearing ear plugs on stage. I know Dennis Deyoung wears them. I saw him in concert, he even adjusts them depending on what songs he is doing. Save your hearing people!!! you only get one set of ears, dont **** them up!

05-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Sooner or later people will get angry and start passing noise laws. Matter of fact I think they already are!
GOOD!:D :D

TX.X-30 fan
05-09-2007, 10:31 PM
you guys better watch it! Judge smails will slap some judgement on you so fast it will make your head spin!

Personally, I like preserving my ears. Call me what you want, I dont care! Now this is coming from a rock/metal guitarist, you need to listen to music at accceptable levels. Take a look at a decibel chart. I have a deicibel meter that I monitor sound levels with for fun, mostly for music. Do a little research on the topic before you shoot your mouth off about it like a teenager. hearing loss is very serious and is not repairable. ask someone who wears a hearing aid from hearing damage how much they like it. I take my hearing so seriously, that I wear ear plugs while mowing the damn lawn! any time I use a power tool, the ear plugs go in. I carry a pair in my old clothes that I wear for lawnwork, etc...
If I am jamming with a drummer, ear plugs go in. heres the cool part about ear plugs & playing guitar at loud levels. the ear plugs filter out all the harsh frequencies and excess volume, but the tone still gets thru and you can hear everything thats going on. its strange, but it works. Watch some pros on stage. most use in-ear monitors now that isolate outside sound, and pipe in a stage mix so they can hear themselves without excess volume, but lots of artists still use traditional stage speakers for monitors. I notice quite a few people wearing ear plugs on stage. I know Dennis Deyoung wears them. I saw him in concert, he even adjusts them depending on what songs he is doing. Save your hearing people!!! you only get one set of ears, dont **** them up!

Wow well said UMP, is that helpful post # 23. ;)

DemolitionMan
05-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Do like to here the stereo when your wakeboarding. A little acdc thunderstruck is always nice.

05-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Wow well said UMP, is that helpful post # 23. ;)
Thank you, thank you, I will be here all week. :) 8p

Waketn
05-09-2007, 10:34 PM

Yea Yea.... You only live once. why not enjoy it..

TX.X-30 fan
05-09-2007, 10:53 PM
There is a difference on the water vs in an enclosed environment. The sound is dispersing into thin air, no walls to send the waves bouncing all around. This is one reason the boat has to have enough sound to reach the person boarding. Everyone should use common sense when playing on the lake, but I see nothing wrong with letting the tunes rip once in a while. ;) :D

WilliM1940
05-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Messes up the exhaust note.....oh right, new boats don't have one.....

WilliM1940
05-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Messes up the exhaust note.....oh right, new boats don't have one.....

rstitson
05-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Since wake boarders like relatively calm protected waters, In our neck of the woods that means you are relatively close to shore and camp after camp. Probably same as an apartment building, if you get too loud you not only disrespect people around you but you invite a visit from whatever law enforcement people are available. Personally if I had a camp and got invaded by someone elses music, I would probably take my boat out and make it unconfortable to wakeboard.

TX.X-30 fan
05-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Never realized the level of angst with wakeboarders on this site. Hard to believe the same company that makes those beautiful Prostars could produce such vile wakeboarding boats. :mad:

Farmer Ted
05-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Never realized the level of angst with wakeboarders on this site. Hard to believe the same company that makes those beautiful Prostars could produce such vile wakeboarding boats. :mad:

something has to pay for R&D on upgrading the ski boats........

bucky
05-10-2007, 12:29 AM
I must be older than dirt, because I don't feel like everything I do needs a soundtrack. For my spring fix-up this year, I removed my tower speakers. I'm tired of busting my skull on them.
UMP makes a good point. I have moderate hearing loss, mostly from nearly 20 years in a paper mill, but the tower speakers in my ear don't help. Like most things, it means a lot more to you when it's gone, and the younger crowd is, by definition, too young to appreciate it. It would be nice to be able to talk to someone without looking directly at them and reading lips and body language so they don't have to yell at me.

sand2snow22
05-10-2007, 12:49 AM
It's like an stereo arms race around these parts...I'm staying out. Their stereos are so loud, with 6+ tower speakers, big subwoofers. I thought MC had the best stock stereos, probably still do, but these aftermarket stereos are amazing. One guy is going crazy with LED's even has them under the swim platform, oh and no connection to get them to work, it's a direct connect when the swim platform touches the brackets!!

tommcat
05-10-2007, 07:43 AM
I must be older than dirt, because I don't feel like everything I do needs a soundtrack. For my spring fix-up this year, I removed my tower speakers. I'm tired of busting my skull on them.
UMP makes a good point. I have moderate hearing loss, mostly from nearly 20 years in a paper mill, but the tower speakers in my ear don't help. Like most things, it means a lot more to you when it's gone, and the younger crowd is, by definition, too young to appreciate it. It would be nice to be able to talk to someone without looking directly at them and reading lips and body language so they don't have to yell at me.
i can hear everything people are saying while in the boat. the speakers are actually a bit behind me when i'm in the drivers seat so they arent that loud for me.
plus i have them on a different amp so i keep the regular boat speakers turn down fairly low, crank up the tower speakers and the boarder can hear it perfectly clear and people in the boat can have a conversation (except anyone in the back seat directly behind the tower speakers)

mitch
05-10-2007, 07:57 AM
something has to pay for R&D on upgrading the ski boats........

Bingo Tim!

I like loud (clean) music, but on our lake it just does not work, too many home on the lake. I've got custom tunes in my boat, but the tower is empty. If I lived in AZ it might be a different story...

atlfootr
05-10-2007, 08:17 AM
I don't get it, why the LOUD / BLASTING MUSIC) 1/2 the time it's rapcrap which is jus' as bad :rant:
You don't see or hear barefooters crank'n their radios while making backwake crosses.

sizzler
05-10-2007, 08:23 AM
thats cos we all got perforated ear-drums from too many crashes.....we cant hear sh#t

atlfootr
05-10-2007, 08:29 AM
I hear that stuff driving in every day traffic, I don't need to hear it on (my) lakes as well :rant:

ksmaristar91
05-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Being one of those 2 much is always better kind of guys, i had to chime in. I have a pretty over the top stero, and love it. That being said i am in tune with my surruondings, kids, and such. Party cove, is a good place and while riding not along lakefront home shoreline......I dont have too much of that on my lake so spoiled is me.

05-10-2007, 08:37 AM
The part I dont understand is, why does everyone need to have music blasting? When I am skiing, I am concentrating on what I am doing so much that I wouldnt even hear the music if it was playing. Now wake boarders do some very technical tricks and manuevers on their boards which require alot of focus. How the hell can that blasting noise be any help? I find it very hard to talk to anyone on the boat with that blasting music. That shiot drives me crazy. Personally, I think the ipod was the greatest invention ever. I just wish more people would use them. If peeps wanaa blow their eardrums out, fine. let them do it with headphones.

atlfootr
05-10-2007, 08:48 AM
I hear that stuff driving in every day traffic, I don't need to hear it on (my) lakes as well :rant:That's xcatly what I said ... thanks for repeating it 8p

05-10-2007, 09:10 AM
That's xcatly what I said ... thanks for repeating it 8p
^^^^^^^^^^Yea, what he said!^^^^^^^^^

8p

Ric
05-10-2007, 09:14 AM
what did he say?

05-10-2007, 09:17 AM
what did he say?
Read post #33 there Ricster, thats what he said.

atlfootr
05-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Read post #33 there Ricster, thats what he said.Actually, that's posts # 31 and # 33.

05-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Actually, that's posts # 31 and # 33.
^^^^^^yea, what he said^^^^^^^^

:D :D 8p 8p

TX.X-30 fan
05-10-2007, 09:44 AM
It's like an stereo arms race around these parts...I'm staying out. Their stereos are so loud, with 6+ tower speakers, big subwoofers. I thought MC had the best stock stereos, probably still do, but these aftermarket stereos are amazing. One guy is going crazy with LED's even has them under the swim platform, oh and no connection to get them to work, it's a direct connect when the swim platform touches the brackets!!

Can you please explain, I have see those on Wakespecialty site. :confused:

jaxrider
05-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I must say this topic is fun to read. Stereos in boats have come a long way and represent people in a way that most boats have lacked for many years. Just as many of the people posting on this board expressed themselves as younger adults by tweaking their cars, people today are continuing to express themselves through their boats. I myself also have an over the top sound system in my boat. Does this mean I blast the system at full blast as soon as I hit the water. No! But it is nice to have the ability to jam out at the local hang out or hear the tunes as I ride. Speaking of riding, I find it very much a help to hear music when I ride. I tend to ride according to the music that is playing and it is a lot better than listening to the boat motor and wind whipping by. (note: I do love the sound of a boat motor) Am I crediting loud music for a better ability to wakeboard? Absolutely not! Does it make my boating experience better? Yes! I know I am not speaking for everyone around but my crew and I are very aware of our surroundings when boating. When a rider falls the music gets turned down and as boats with young children come by the music gets changed to something more accepted or turned down. We try to be respectful to most people, but I will admit, the first person that has a smart a** comment gets the loud offensive music all day until they leave. In my personal experience the music is generally accepted where I ride and most people like it as well. It turns heads on the water and for the moment I like it.

TX.X-30 fan
05-10-2007, 09:59 AM
We boat on public lakes, 90% of the time wayyyyyyyyyyyy away from anyone's homes. There are a few places we anchor within ear-shot of homes and we are respectful on the property owners. This argument reminds me of the PWC debate, I don't mine the respectful riders but hate the morons.

Anyway my stereo isn't that loud. :D :D

jaxrider
05-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Love the amp rack.

TX.X-30 fan
05-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Love the amp rack.

Thanks jax, Your previous post was dead on. :headbang:

Ric
05-10-2007, 10:22 AM
We boat on public lakes, 90% of the time wayyyyyyyyyyyy away from anyone's homes. There are a few places we anchor within ear-shot of homes and we are respectful on the property owners. This argument reminds me of the PWC debate, I don't mine the respectful riders but hate the morons.

Anyway my stereo isn't that loud. :D :D

21685 right click... save... mapquesting your garage now.. Sleep well...Thank ya

TX.X-30 fan
05-10-2007, 10:36 AM
right click... save... mapquesting your garage now.. Sleep well...Thank ya

Have you had any negative comments about you signature, LMAO :D :D That's a great gotcha!!!!!

05-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Have you had any negative comments about you signature, LMAO :D :D That's a great gotcha!!!!!
Ric's signature rules! He captured one of my finest moments! how could I get negative about that?:D

TX.X-30 fan
05-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Ric's signature rules! He captured one of my finest moments! how could I get negative about that?:D

I personally like what you've done with your hair. 8p 8p

05-10-2007, 10:50 AM
I personally like what you've done with your hair. 8p 8p
Dont hate me because I am beautiful. 8p ;)

Diesel
05-10-2007, 12:07 PM
(yoda voice on).........the envy is strong in this thread. (yoda voice off)

skeeler
05-10-2007, 02:09 PM
i dont know who's MC this is i saw it posted somewhere else. this stereo has got be be friggin loud!! stereos on boat now days are getting out of control....
I want!!!!!!!!

05-10-2007, 04:06 PM
(yoda voice on).........the envy is strong in this thread. (yoda voice off)
excitement, adventure, these are things a jedi craves not.

learn to use the force you will when you learn to quite your mind( and your stereo system);)

rodltg2
05-29-2007, 03:15 PM
.................................................. ..

rick s.
05-29-2007, 03:35 PM
I know the boat rod refers to. It's an X2 that lives on Lake Tulloch, California. The boat is really tricked out. Everything that could be chromed or polished has been. Tower, windshield frame, instrument panels, all the billet stuff. He's obviously added more NVS speakers than when I saw the boat last summer. If I remember correctly, there are four 12 inch subs in the boat that you can't see.

pram
05-29-2007, 04:04 PM
In my opinion I find it to be extremely disrespectful when I can't hear myself think whether it is from the car, or a boat for that matter, blaring their music beside me or close to me. A great deal of people have no respect for others anymore.

Music isn't the only culprit either. We have a big lake here and when you get a guy running his 502 in a 27' with thru-hull open exhaust and you can hear him for 10 minutes coming and going, that isn't right.

Keep your tunes at a level that you can enjoy them in the boat (the rest of the world probably doesn't want to hear it).

Ric
05-29-2007, 04:07 PM
somebody's gettin a detention!

edit: nevermind, rambo's avatar had me thinkin it was a BB post

Sodar
05-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Music isn't the only culprit either. We have a big lake here and when you get a guy running his 502 in a 27' with thru-hull open exhaust and you can hear him for 10 minutes coming and going, that isn't right.

Whiner... you are just pissed off because it is only a 502 and not something bigger!!! :D

Personally, I hate the music, but you toss a 1200hp blower motor on the water and you can run that thing in circle around me... I do not care! Love the sound of horsepower!

pram
05-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Whiner... you are just pissed off because it is only a 502 and not something bigger!!! :D

Personally, I hate the music, but you toss a 1200hp blower motor on the water and you can run that thing in circle around me... I do not care! Love the sound of horsepower!

I to love the sound of horsepower and when I want to hear it I go to the local track (30 miles out of town) and listen (and feel it) all day long. There are just some people that think there is no such thing as excessive. But if you can't talk to the person beside you (2'-3') I feel that that is a problem.:twocents:

Ric
05-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Have you had any negative comments about you signature, LMAO :D :D That's a great gotcha!!!!! you know how I know it's good? Because NOBODY has said anything about it... You know they don't want to admit having been got!

actually, I think that andre mentioned it, but mainly because he just flat likes it! so that would not be negative.

east tx skier
05-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Jus' four little speakers and a tuner. When we're riding, we turn them off. I'll just add music to the video later. When I'm skiing, I have to be able to hear all the voices in my head.

TMCNo1
05-29-2007, 05:53 PM
We get down and get funky with this jewel of a BOOM box on the boat,

pram
05-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Jus' four little speakers and a tuner. When we're riding, we turn them off. I'll just add music to the video. When I'm skiing, I have to be able to hear all the voices in my head.

It's not only hearing them but also being able to carry-on the conversation8p

east tx skier
05-29-2007, 05:59 PM
It's not only hearing them but also being able to carry-on the conversation8p

Between my id and my ego, it's amazing I can do a deep water start.

mitch
05-29-2007, 06:05 PM
I to love the sound of horsepower and when I want to hear it I go to the local track (30 miles out of town) and listen (and feel it) all day long. There are just some people that think there is no such thing as excessive. But if you can't talk to the person beside you (2'-3') I feel that that is a problem.:twocents:

I agree, the thru hull's on our lake are annoying, esp if it's captain's choice set up.

tommcat
05-29-2007, 06:05 PM
I to love the sound of horsepower and when I want to hear it I go to the local track (30 miles out of town) and listen (and feel it) all day long. There are just some people that think there is no such thing as excessive. But if you can't talk to the person beside you (2'-3') I feel that that is a problem.:twocents:i live by the motto "too much is almost enough"

pram
05-29-2007, 06:17 PM
i live by the motto "too much is almost enough"

Hey I agree were here only for a short time so make the most of it, but, do you, me or anyone else for that matter have the right to impose what a "NORMAL/STATUS QUO" person thinks is excessive on someone else?

Whether it is exhaust noise, stereo, etc. everything has a limit that the normal or average person would find to be in excessive.

I just don't think that we as a society should continually push the boundaries to new levels of acceptableness.

Last week filling up I had the pleasure as did the other 4 cars to listening to someones stereo cranked with f-this n-that while he dropped 20 bucks into his $250 dollar truck with the $2000 stereo. That's not right is it?

In my opinion a person should try to live there life to have the least amount of negative impact on the people in the world around him/her.

MasterCrafting
05-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Now wake boarders do some very technical tricks and manuevers on their boards which require alot of focus. How the hell can that blasting noise be any help? I find it very hard to talk to anyone on the boat with that blasting music. .

Since I dont have tower speakrs...or a tower I cant speak about this from on the water experiance. But i know when I'm on snow getting pumped for a ski run in a comp...Chill music helps me relax, get my timing down and I always do better. Hearing a good beat always makes me spin better. Concentration is a state of mind, and if music can get you there...Then you're solid.

ProTour X9
05-29-2007, 07:00 PM
.................................................. ..

Can you say: "WHAAATTT!!???":confused: :huh:

Roonie's
05-29-2007, 07:06 PM
In my opinion I find it to be extremely disrespectful when I can't hear myself think whether it is from the car, or a boat for that matter, blaring their music beside me or close to me. A great deal of people have no respect for others anymore.

Keep your tunes at a level that you can enjoy them in the boat (the rest of the world probably doesn't want to hear it).

Amen to that....... I have lived on a lake for a long time an nothing more annoying than waking up to a calm gorgeous morning perfect for skiing and be rudely jolted when you hear some crappy music coming in the distance louder than snot. I can be sitting on my front porch and you can't escape it. Sound on water travels ALOT! One of my biggest pet peeves.

TX.X-30 fan
05-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Anyone with a louder system than mine should be shot on site. :D :D ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
05-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Rod, that initial picture posted looks like its an advertisement for an audio company (judging by the banner to the right). And I'd guess, if it weren't somewhat extreme, they wouldn't have all the kids standing around looking at it as seen in the pic.
Jus' sayin'.........

Ric
05-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Anyone with a louder system than mine should be shot on site. :D :D ;)

22528 so how do you like the Terk? We had tons of trouble with mine and the dealer swapped it for a shakespeare puck that mounts in front of the windshield.

TX.X-30 fan
05-30-2007, 09:34 AM
so how do you like the Terk? We had tons of trouble with mine and the dealer swapped it for a shakespeare puck that mounts in front of the windshield.

Only worked sitting still sometimes with the clarion head unit. Alpine unit now and it never cuts out, :D so I'm thinking it was not the antenna? :confused: