PDA

View Full Version : USED Towers or good cheep ones!!

gardinerbowen
05-08-2007, 12:25 PM
I am looking to find a used new dimension tower or anouther good tower for a prostar 205 or 190.

What other towers look good on this boat? I need to keep the tower cost down i dont have the money 2 pay for a 2K tower and then speekers and lights....

Upload your pic's if you have them of good towers on this boat!!!

Thanks!

puck_11
05-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Good luck with your search, finding GOOD used towers are tough, it usually just happens that someone bought a ski boat with a tower on it and doesn't want it. It doesn't happen very often. Call Rich at ND with your request, that's what I did, and they had some extras in the back of the shop that he gave me a good deal on. ND towers make a boat look great, universal towers make a Mastercraft look like crap

dmayer84
05-08-2007, 12:40 PM
I know Rod was looking to get rid of his mini-tower from his 197. He is on the west coast though, and Im not sure if he still wants to get rid of it.

rodltg2
05-08-2007, 12:42 PM
mine sold already and i had a very hard time shipping it. ups or fed ex wouldnt touch it. yellow freight wanted over $400. i finally found someone and it cost me like 260. it was a pain to box up too. should have kept it.

gardinerbowen
05-08-2007, 02:49 PM
What do you think of a monser tower on these boats??

Has any one used this tower on this boat before?

I think this boat looks really good...
http://dev.monstertower.com/customerphotos/Images/MC_David-_Manyen_1.jpg

http://dev.monstertower.com/customerphotos/Images/MC_David-_Manyen_2.jpg
I dont have a boat yet but this is the boat I will be buying as soon as i find one (1992-1994 prostar 109 or 205 would much rather have a 205)

http://dev.monstertower.com/customerphotos/Images/Mastercraft_Brian_Sexton_2.jpg

http://dev.monstertower.com/customerphotos/Images/Mastercraft_Brent_Blair.jpg

rodltg2
05-08-2007, 02:56 PM
i've heard monster make great towers. however they dont seem to go well with the lines of an MC. if it was me ( and its not) i would spend the extra $$$ and get the ND tower that looks really good on all MC's

Matt L.
05-08-2007, 03:21 PM
I don't have one, but I've seen a couple of Monsters upclose. 1 was new the other had been on for several years. Both looked great and made no noise at all. Engineering looked really simple and well thought out.

I think they look great on MCs. Once my house sells I'll be getting one. It will look great in storage after gas hits $4.00/gallon.

That said, I'd get a ND if I had the money. They look great on 240SCs.

Later,

Matt

JKTX21
05-08-2007, 04:29 PM
I was once a huge Monster Tower fan (they are good towers), but the ND towers fit the MC's so much better. If you can find a used one, you should def. buy it.

ksmaristar91
05-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Bang for the buck you cant beat Monster! I love mine and have 4 spkrs 2 racks, mirror and bimini. They have the best customer support, I do like the lines of ND but the cost vs my usage monster was the way to go.!!

KnoxX2
05-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Go with ND tower

Then PM me and I can hook you up with some Fusion wake speakers from a friend that sells them.

rodltg2
05-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Bang for the buck you cant beat Monster! I love mine and have 4 spkrs 2 racks, mirror and bimini. They have the best customer support, I do like the lines of ND but the cost vs my usage monster was the way to go.!!

it does look good on that boat! i just dont think they look great on the 91-2007 prostars

TX.X-30 fan
05-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Don't know if your much of a carpenter but this is allways an option. 8p

rodltg2
05-08-2007, 05:11 PM
is that one of the first zeroflex towers?

gardinerbowen
05-08-2007, 06:04 PM
I made one out of a old Club 420 mast (I dont know if any one knows what that is) it worked for a bit then fell down I really like the ND towers as well there just so much money thats why i have this thread I NEED TO FIND ONE

TX.X-30 fan
05-08-2007, 06:18 PM
is that one of the first zeroflex towers?

Yes and some shots of Mastercraft upper mgt. doing the hands-on testing. Very rare these days in corporate America. :D :D

Its a joke guys, dont pull the plug on me. :noface: :worthy:

JBaker
05-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Yes and some shots of Mastercraft upper mgt. doing the hands-on testing. Very rare these days in corporate America. :D :D

Come on, even I can see that is the new Air Nautique. And from what I understand the Thompson's Water Seal is a high dollar option.

beatle78
05-08-2007, 07:38 PM
ND tower is the ONLY option :) .... IMHO.....

Check my ND tower out.

http://tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=15858&highlight=205v

IF... and I say IF you go with a Monster tower, I would be get the polished tower. I have the black Monster tower on a BU and it scratched VERY easy. I expected more from a powder coat....

my:twocents:

krra1
05-08-2007, 08:26 PM
I agree with ksmastar91. Monster will answer questions, send you parts (sometime for free) and their web site covers just about everything. I purchased my tower last year and changed the way the boat was used. You can't go wrong and for $1,200.00 and 3 hours of your time to install its a great deal.

2000205V
05-08-2007, 08:31 PM
I have had a Monster Tower on my PS 205V for 3 years. Looks great, is very functional (I have to fold it down flat for it to fit in my boathouse), and best of all it really is quiet. Both me and my buddy are over 230lbs and it's never been an issue like some other towers that rattle.

To talk about the support ... It really is excellent. When I first got the tower I found the stock hardware that they shipped at the time didn't make the top section of the tower as stiff as I wanted it and if you really crashed hard out on the side you could pull it out of allignment by 1/2 inch. I called them and they shipped me out 4 bigger bolts that I could really crank on to tighten ... at no cost to me, 3 day express shipping to Canada. Since then no issues.

I'll post some pics.

ksmaristar91
05-09-2007, 08:35 AM
As for strength, gosh, im a hair under 3 bills 292# "i know iknow lay off the fat jokes hahah" My monster pulls me all the time no problems no squeaks. I had one issue with the tower and they sent me the parts next day no cost to me. Just took my first 2 pulls last night, water was 14 ft high, and glasssssssssssy. so nice.

JohnE
05-09-2007, 09:24 AM
My '88 Tristar had a Monster Tower on it when I bought it. Very good product. But, the ND towers look much better, IMO. But there's a big price difference just for some better looks.

Thrall
05-09-2007, 03:24 PM
I found a used ND tower for mine. Paid 50% of the cost of a new one. I was searching for a while before I found it. Shipping would've been a hassle, although even at $400 for shipping, I would have still been ahaed.
I was fortunate enough that the guy selling it lived close to one of my co-workers who was getting transferred down here from Minneapolis. I had the guy take it to my co-workers house and the company we work for moved it, in the moving van. (Don't tell anyone!)
Looks wise, get a ND tower, IMO. 13th Floor also makes some nice looking towers, similar to ND style, and less expensive.

yippikaiyay
05-09-2007, 06:56 PM
IMO, New Dimension look best with a MC.
Have you given them a call to see if they might have some scratched or scuffed available?

rem_pss308
05-10-2007, 04:03 AM
If you like the looks of the Monster tower. they are a great tower. But I agree with above. The ND towers make the Mastercraft look so good.
Ihad mine built by a local company that builds t-tops for fishingboats. ( $1500.00 ) took him pics of the ND towers,and measured my friends.

rem_pss308
05-10-2007, 04:03 AM
Sorry posted twice