PDA

View Full Version : Going to MC PWT in Acworth

Ole Miss Rebels
05-08-2007, 11:03 AM
For our tenth wedding anniversary my wife and I are going to Acworth for the 1st stop of the MC Pro Wakeboard Tour. We are very excited. For those of you who have been there, what is it like? Food, bands, vendors, boats on display, is the view of the action good or do we need binoculars, etc? Any advice or info on what to expect would be appreciated. We thought of hauling our boat there but decided it would be too much of a hassel to deal with it and we would probably be too busy at the event to conveniently mess with the boat.

Do I have a great wife or what? This was her idea and when I drug around with it she put her foot down and declared that we WERE going. I wonder if she will allow me to lend my services as a judge for the Reef Girl contest. I figure it's the least I can do to try to help out.

pilot02
05-08-2007, 11:07 AM
View of the action is great, they set up right in front of the Beach on Lake Allatoona and you can walk right down to the edge of the starting dock. We went last year and may be there again pending our schedule.
We went on the second day so missed some stuff and people (Missed MYMC and Meaghan unfortunately)

Cousin_Jeff
05-15-2007, 11:23 AM
We'll be there all weekend. It is a great time. Very relaxed atmosphere, hanging out on the beach or in the boats tied up watching. There are vendors set up with "toys" and other boating stuff. They have rider meet and greet / autograph sessions with their specific sponsors.

Send me a PM Ole Miss Rebels. I was at Ole Miss 92 - 96. Let me know if you have any other questions or need to try to meet up with some people. I live about 20 minutes from where the tour stop will be and I will be happy to help out a fellow MC / Rebel. Hotty Toddy!

Cousin_Jeff
05-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Just in case anyone is interested, I went out on Allatoona Sunday afternoon. The water temperature is not bad at all. The water level is only 3 feet below full pool. All in all, I think the conditions will be good for the weekend.

MYMC
05-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Maeghan and I will be there...look us up.

Monte
05-15-2007, 01:15 PM
We'll be there with the kids in tow. Looking forward to it.

Cousin_Jeff
05-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Last year was great. We met Mike and Maeghan as well as other MC owners. The local dealer, Watersports Central, will have VIP tents set up for MC owners according to thier website. That is where we generally were last year. Good place to run into other MC enthusiasts.

Let me know if you have any questions about the area, the event, whatever. I will do my best to give you an answer.

Hope to see a good MC turn out.